BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

09-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #7481
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Everyone needs to hit up their Dr and get that shot before we all catch the yellow fever!!!
      09-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #7482
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I know what you mean, but there are flaws I want to let you know about:

The 15% tax on investment income, IMO, is unfair when compared to the regular income 30%+ tax
I know it's like this, but nonetheless, it's unequal

Either make them both 15% or make them both 30%, you get the idea.

OR, make it 30% for those who make multi million profits on stocks.
Why? Cause those people really control the market

Those of us who trade in the thousands to tens of thousands don't affect the market at all
So we should only be taxed at 15%, cause for us to earn money, it's difficult.

For me, if I spend $10k on a stock, I'll be happy with $1k (10%)

Now, if I get taxed 15% on that, it's $150 off my profit, which is a lot for someone like me who only made 1k

Now, if someone made 10% off of 10 mil, that's 1 mil.
15% tax is 150k, which is a lot, but if he has 10mil... he should be fine...

You get what I mean lol
Yes, of course. I understand what you're saying and I know that in actuality, it isn't too bad for the people who are rolling around in money, but this is really just a short-term fix instead of a long-term solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
Money makes money...I agree with Shy that the impact to the wealthy won't be THAT bad, and "stripped away" is pretty extreme text to use in this context.... The impact is much bigger to the middle class.
Haha, sorry. Sometimes I like to exaggerate to make my point.

Quote:
A tax will create little incentive for people to work hard towards wealth??
Sure. The Obama Administration wants to take more money from the wealthy to "solve" (this solves nothing, btw) our problems. Ignorant people see this type of behavior and believe that they won't have to worry about making ends meet because our government will just help us get through the hard times. Where will the money come from? The rich, of course!

Just take a look at the typical Obama supporter (you're probably at work, but watch it when you get home):

How do you think that makes wealthy people feel? What about the people who aspire to become wealthy? If I know that I'm going to be heavily taxed, why would I even bother to stay in this country? I'd rather pack my bags and move to Singapore. Furthermore, some may argue that the increased tax is just a little bit, but would this be the final tax hike? When does it end?

Quote:
The problem with spend reduction is that you will never get the support of the government where the cuts will happen because the people who have the money drum up the votes and contribute to keep the senators and representatives in office. e.g. Farm subsidies, billions goes to these farmers, and there is a REALLY bad accounting of how and why the money is allocated to them. The point is...those wealthy farming families straight up tell the senators and reps that they will get them reelected if they continue to reject farm subsidy spending cuts, if they don't they will lose.
Sad, but true. Like I was saying the other day, the whole government is full of scammers. Everybody is paying each other off and only looking out for their own best interest. This type of behavior starts at the lowest level and continues all the way to the top.

Quote:
Do you have examples of other stupid programs?
Where do I start lol? Who knows how much money the Obama Administration is wasting on the whole Cybercrime Program (I think I mentioned this the other day. Basically, if this stupid idea passes, anybody can go to jail for years if they lie on the internet)... Couldn't this money be put towards better programs? Just look at our school systems. They are failing.

And more recently, the Solyndra loan.... It's not a program, but talk about a bad idea. I think the company lasted less than 6 months before filing for Chapter 11?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #7483
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
i'm thinking about wrapping my car. should i do matte white or frozen gray?
      09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #7484
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
darren can you chim in on this? do i need to change my registration?

This forum requires that you wait 35 seconds between posts. Please try again in 6 seconds.
      09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #7485
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
i'm thinking about wrapping my car. should i do matte white or frozen gray?
Hmmm tough call personally I would try and do something a little bit different. Matte white looks cool! You should do matte red frozgray is badass too though.
      09-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #7486
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Computer guys:

I need to get internet for my apartment (COX is the only provider in the area, IIRC) and the package I want has speeds of 12mpbs down/1mbps up.

What kind of modem/router should I go with?

I was looking at this:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SB612.../dp/B001UI2FPE

And this:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Dual-...6474836&sr=8-2

Is this overkill or no?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #7487
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Upper and middle class have the same enemy, the people who intentionally live off the system (scammers).

I saw a youtube video about a guy who went on judge judy, he was being paid by the government through some type of aid program, and was being given money for rent while in school....instead he lived with a girlfriend and admittedly spent the money on whatever he wanted.

I don't think that the hardworkers will leave the USA, its hard to find a place that has what America offers. Trust me, I complain just like the next guy, and other countries have crazy taxes too.... sometimes Im lazy and I want to spit my gum somewhere, well in the USA, its no crime, in Singapore they cane you for that shit. Grass is greener my friend, grass is always greener....check this out...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...rialized-world
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #7488
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
Hmmm tough call personally I would try and do something a little bit different. Matte white looks cool! You should do matte red frozgray is badass too though.
+1 on Matte White or Matte Grey
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #7489
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Yes, of course. I understand what you're saying and I know that in actuality, it isn't too bad for the people who are rolling around in money, but this is really just a short-term fix instead of a long-term solution.

Haha, sorry. Sometimes I like to exaggerate to make my point.

Sure. The Obama Administration wants to take more money from the wealthy to "solve" (this solves nothing, btw) our problems. Ignorant people see this type of behavior and believe that they won't have to worry about making ends meet because our government will just help us get through the hard times. Where will the money come from? The rich, of course!

Just take a look at the typical Obama supporter (you're probably at work, but watch it when you get home)

How do you think that makes wealthy people feel? What about the people who aspire to become wealthy? If I know that I'm going to be heavily taxed, why would I even bother to stay in this country? I'd rather pack my bags and move to Singapore. Furthermore, some may argue that the increased tax is just a little bit, but would this be the final tax hike? When does it end?

Sad, but true. Like I was saying the other day, the whole government is full of scammers. Everybody is paying each other off and only looking out for their own best interest. This type of behavior starts at the lowest level and continues all the way to the top.

Where do I start lol? Who knows how much money the Obama Administration is wasting on the whole Cybercrime Program (I think I mentioned this the other day. Basically, if this stupid idea passes, anybody can go to jail for years if they lie on the internet)... Couldn't this money be put towards better programs? Just look at our school systems. They are failing.

And more recently, the Solyndra loan.... It's not a program, but talk about a bad idea. I think the company lasted less than 6 months before filing for Chapter 11?
I agree with your points Wes, but you tend to take things a little to the extreme

I honestly can't comment on tax over the internet, this would be best left for an in person chat

and that video.... No to be racist, but I feel the majority of mexican immigrants, african americans, and other low-income individuals are taking way too much money from the system.
If you have 10 kids, all on welfare, you're bringing in over 100k per year.....
Think about it...100k!
Most hard working individuals don't make that much!

I used to feel China's "1 child" policy was absurd...but it's really not

I wish we had a 3 child policy here....

Look into this movie:

Idiocracy
http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Idio...9?trkid=190393

I swear, America is becoming like that movie

It really opened my eyes... i know it's a comedy...but it makes so much sense it's scary (yes i know they took it to the extreme)

Nonetheless, I will live wherever I am comfortable.
I will be comfortable where I am making money

Whether it's here, Canada, EU, Iran, Asia.... I will be where the $ is
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #7490
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I agree with your points Wes, but you tend to take things a little to the extreme

I honestly can't comment on tax over the internet, this would be best left for an in person chat

and that video.... No to be racist, but I feel the majority of mexican immigrants, african americans, and other low-income individuals are taking way too much money from the system.
Think about it...100k!

Look into this movie:

Idiocracy

It really opened my eyes... i know it's a comedy...but it makes so much sense it's scary (yes i know they took it to the extreme)

Nonetheless, I will live wherever I am comfortable.
I will be comfortable where I am making money

Whether it's here, Canada, EU, Iran, Asia.... I will be where the $ is

Thank you my friend. I think by spreading that movie around you are doing community service.

I do the same, and more people need to see that movie. Its a movie you will literally want to turn off its so stupid and that's okay, just watch the beginning where it explains the situation..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #7491
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Upper and middle class have the same enemy, the people who intentionally live off the system (scammers).

I saw a youtube video about a guy who went on judge judy, he was being paid by the government through some type of aid program, and was being given money for rent while in school....instead he lived with a girlfriend and admittedly spent the money on whatever he wanted.

I don't think that the hardworkers will leave the USA, its hard to find a place that has what America offers. Trust me, I complain just like the next guy, and other countries have crazy taxes too.... sometimes Im lazy and I want to spit my gum somewhere, well in the USA, its no crime, in Singapore they cane you for that shit. Grass is greener my friend, grass is always greener....check this out...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...rialized-world
This reminds me, on a somewhat unrelated note, I read somewhere that in Denmark (IIRC), despite being a country with one of the highest income tax rates, the people are the happiest in the world. Go figure lol

Quote:
Haha, sorry. Like I said, sometimes I like to exaggerate to get my point across.

Quote:
Think about it...100k!

Agreed 110%. Sometimes when I see, and I'm not being racist, a hispanic family with 20 (there I go again with my exaggerations!!!) kids at the store, I get a little bit upset. It's pretty obvious that the parents aren't making enough money to support those kids on their own. The welfare system is ridiculous and needs to be completely restructured.

China was smart about the 1 child policy. I've always been a supporter of it, actually. Just the other day, I was telling somebody how we should do something similar in the USA.

Quote:
Look into this movie:

Idiocracy

Somebody has mentioned that move to me. I'm pretty sure that it was Yousif lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #7492
Empower3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 2008

Quote:
I was looking for SLs.... and now there are 2 sets FS....

I got one, but I would have preferred to get the set with the RS3s...$100 cheaper and the tires I wanted.... they're blue stickers and valve stem (I wanted red), and the red cost $100, so it would mean same price... but then I would have had the tires I wanted...

I mean, what's done is done. It just pisses me off that after 2 months of waiting, I finally find a set...and then a better set comes up a week after... X.x
I was drooling over that blue set for sale..... if only I wasn't booking a Hawaii vacation for the family.... I probably would trade the vacation for the rims... but i'm sure my wife wouldn't
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #7493
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

When are we going to start talking about cars again? 3 pages of government talk makes me
      09-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #7494
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ok, back to cars.

This is one of my favorite E46s. It's suuuuuuuper OG

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #7495
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
When are we going to start talking about cars again? 3 pages of government talk makes me
Are we too mature for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empower3d View Post
I was drooling over that blue set for sale..... if only I wasn't booking a Hawaii vacation for the family.... I probably would trade the vacation for the rims... but i'm sure my wife wouldn't
I bought a set of SLs with red stickers (Which I prefer) but that set is local and RS3s.... I'd have paid him cash 5 hours ago if I hadn't bought that other set
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #7496
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are we too mature for you?
I don't talk about politics too much because most people don't have anything of intelligence to offer. Talking to you and Yousif has been fun because you guys provide intelligent comments and give me something to think about.

When Obama was running for president, just about everybody my age (at the time, 18) had nothing of significance to talk about. Once Urban Outfitters started selling Obama shirts, everybody jumped on the "Change" bandwagon and supported him without even knowing what his policies were. Supporting Obama was the cool thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #7497
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

OK, enough political talk.

Back to anime lol...

I'm on the 12th episode of Samurai Champloo. Gotta say, it's really (really) growing on me... Great story and a fantastic soundtrack.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #7498
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Supporting Obama was the cool thing to do.
saw a guy with a bumper sticker that said Obama in 08... right below it was a bumper sticker that said 01/20/13... End of an Error. hahaha

Quote:
I'm on the 12th episode of Samurai Champloo. Gotta say, it's really (really) growing on me... Great story and a fantastic soundtrack.
i really should go watch it again...
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #7499
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Jason, have you seen Eden of the East? It's supposed to be very good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_of_the_East
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #7500
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't talk about politics too much because most people don't have anything of intelligence to offer. Talking to you and Yousif has been fun because you guys provide intelligent comments and give me something to think about.

When Obama was running for president, just about everybody my age (at the time, 18) had nothing of significance to talk about. Once Urban Outfitters started selling Obama shirts, everybody jumped on the "Change" bandwagon and supported him without even knowing what his policies were. Supporting Obama was the cool thing to do.
Yeah ironically I said I voted for him just so people wouldn't bug the shit out of me

Just like the Prop 8 thing...

I felt if I actually got into details, the girls would get bored and dislike me cause I don't follow their friends' ideals.
Safe to say, these type of women will never be gf/wife material... unless they mature and change in the future.... but for flirtatious fun etc, it's worth playing dumb

Quote:
OK, enough political talk.

Back to anime lol...

Wangan Midnight eps 17 here :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_of_the_East
Heard it's good, wanted to watch it...never got around to it..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #7501
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
ZZZzzzZZZzzZZzzz
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #7502
theriz