Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

BPM

01-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
bej
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Conv DCT

Kadesdad's new car???

Okay...sorry if this thread has started already, but I willl take the hook Marcus and ask what car you've gone for.....

Is it back to bmw?
M3 Convertible 2008, Jerez Black with individual orange peel effect (factory standard), Fox Red, DCT, EDC, High gloss, carbon leather, comfort access, Logic 7, adaptive headlights, Tubi Rumore, 20" BBS CX-R, 19" OEM and 18" OEM with Winter Tyres....investments in BP/Shell
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bej View Post
Okay...sorry if this thread has started already, but I willl take the hook Marcus and ask what car you've gone for.....

Is it back to bmw?
LOL! Not just yet....Sticking with Lotus at the moment. Enjoying the lightweight near death experiences.

Gone for a newer model, a 2007 Elise R which has undergone bit of trickery already, 200BHP, 0-60mph sub 5 sec and onto 150mph and weighs in at 860kg. Pick it up this Saturday (hopefully). The missus hates them, won't go near them, which is a bonus as she can't drone on about my driving style!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
bej
Private
Rep

Nice one - after all the electronic safety aids on the m3 - it must be such a test of nerve and skill...

the closest i've got to experiencing it is on the test drive track on gt5...i know it's not the same but the game demonstrates the difference between both cars quite well - i think.....
M3 Convertible 2008, Jerez Black with individual orange peel effect (factory standard), Fox Red, DCT, EDC, High gloss, carbon leather, comfort access, Logic 7, adaptive headlights, Tubi Rumore, 20" BBS CX-R, 19" OEM and 18" OEM with Winter Tyres....investments in BP/Shell
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nice one - after all the electronic safety aids on the m3 - it must be such a test of nerve and skill...

the closest i've got to experiencing it is on the test drive track on gt5...i know it's not the same but the game demonstrates the difference between both cars quite well - i think.....
If you get the chance to drive one or better still be driven by someone who can tickle it's limits (even the base model) don't pass on it. You will be either mightily impressed by its driver feedback and handling or leave the car a few lbs lighter in need of some fresh underwear
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
MrLOL
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

thought i saw your car for sale on pistonheads
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
bej
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
If you get the chance to drive one or better still be driven by someone who can tickle it's limits (even the base model) don't pass on it. You will be either mightily impressed by its driver feedback and handling or leave the car a few lbs lighter in need of some fresh underwear
the closest i got to a free ride was at snetterton in october - chap had an elise with an audit 1.8T conversion...let's just say he was keeping up with the Caterham's and having just got out of one...it wasn't the most appealing offer at the time...not in a bad way of course...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #7
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
thought i saw your car for sale on pistonheads
The spice yellow one? Sold it in two days!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
the closest i got to a free ride was at snetterton in october - chap had an elise with an audit 1.8T conversion...let's just say he was keeping up with the Caterham's and having just got out of one...it wasn't the most appealing offer at the time...not in a bad way of course...
A few pics for you mate.

Had the wheels powder coated matt black, replaced the rear diffuser in matt black, added the front splitter. Had the ecu remapped for the lower cam change, already had a sports exhaust & induction kit fitted. It also had the improved clutch cable replaced. That’s all I plan on doing for now unless I get it supercharged in the summer.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #9
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Did you ever consider the Exige or variants? What swayed you to the Elise?
      02-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #10
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Did you ever consider the Exige or variants? What swayed you to the Elise?
I did but couldn't justify the extra cost just for a fun weekend toy. The standard Exige 190 has the same engine as my Elise R so not much difference in power, abet the handling is more tuned for track work.
The Exige S is a supercharged version, which is great and I have driven one but all the extra horses are at the top of the rev range. A good second Exige S will set you back between £20k to £25k. I can supercharge mine for less than £3.5k which puts mine in the same league. Then of course you have the 240 cup etc and the honda converted cars, which are seriously quick but only really good for track days.
Mine is a good compromise between the two, great as a daily driver (in the summer), works well on track, didn't break the bank plus I can take the roof off
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #11
swanny71
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M135i

Very nice
Soooo tempted by one of these, but the M3 would have to make way for one plus a 330d.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
I did but couldn't justify the extra cost just for a fun weekend toy. The standard Exige 190 has the same engine as my Elise R so not much difference in power, abet the handling is more tuned for track work.
The Exige S is a supercharged version, which is great and I have driven one but all the extra horses are at the top of the rev range. A good second Exige S will set you back between £20k to £25k. I can supercharge mine for less than £3.5k which puts mine in the same league. Then of course you have the 240 cup etc and the honda converted cars, which are seriously quick but only really good for track days.
Mine is a good compromise between the two, great as a daily driver (in the summer), works well on track, didn't break the bank plus I can take the roof off
Ah fair enough. Any difference in insurance px you've had b/w the E90 M3 and the Elise (on a stock basis, not inclusive of mods etc)?
      02-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Ah fair enough. Any difference in insurance px you've had b/w the E90 M3 and the Elise (on a stock basis, not inclusive of mods etc)?
Not really mate, group 20. I think for me its about £80 a year cheaper.
Appreciate 0