BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Envy Manifold Arrived..[Thanks PYSPEED][UPDATED]

UPDATE ON PAGE 2
Installed pics also on page 2

Thanks to Eric@PYSpeed and Tecnocraft the ENVY manifold is now with me, I'm a bit pissed off at UPS because they broke a bit of the charge pipe plastic...I really can't be bothered to send the whole unit back just to fix that little bit.. because it's just a waste of time, with no guarantee that they won't break it again...

I hope install won't be an issue with this broken off...gonna super glue it back on then wrap it with electrical tape...
suggestion to Tecnocraft/Pyspeed, the intake itself is very strong..but that plastic certainly isn't..you guys should consider wrapping it to prevent logistic company fails..
pics attached w/ damage

Last edited by bunnn; 02-23-2010 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Hi Ben, isnīt the shipping covered?!
I would not install this masterpiece like it is!
It is too expensive to have it installed broken.
Let us know about the soundchange.

Cheers

Ralf
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Hey Ralf, I'm not too sure about that, but the box was beaten up ..i understand I wouldn't want to install a piece like this with damage, but the turn around time is quite long..they also have a metal piece(if you look carefully) that is under it..so damage is really visual..unless someone chimes in and lets me know otherwise...I'm just so pissed that these guys cant treat items with some sort of respect..
      02-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Sorry to hear Ben - If you think the damage is mostly visual (hard to tell from pic), I would just rap some extra electrical tape around for the seal. If you need a hand or any tips for the install let me know. And yes - the sound is noticeable, especially under WOT.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
The broken plastic is right where the seal is made. Make sure the seal can still be made. If it can't, you must replace the plenum.
O_O im confused...I also posted this on l4p ..i willl wait for a reply from Tecnocraft before furthering this install

i'm not exactly what you meant by seal..are you refering to the seal of their plenum ..or is that something I have to do? cause this is the full replacement..everything should be sealed
      02-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

you never stop modding Ben post some photos after you get it installed.
      02-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
O_O im confused...I also posted this on l4p ..i willl wait for a reply from Tecnocraft before furthering this install

i'm not exactly what you meant by seal..are you refering to the seal of their plenum ..or is that something I have to do? cause this is the full replacement..everything should be sealed

I believe PG means make sure you get a proper seal with the charge pipe.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
you never stop modding Ben post some photos after you get it installed.
you should know, it started with you! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I believe PG means make sure you get a proper seal with the charge pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
The broken pieces is right where the charge pipe connects to the plenum and the location where a clamp is tightened.

So this makes me wonder if you'll still get a good seal with that piece of plastic missing. It also makes me wonder if tightening the clamp will cause the plastic to break further. If more plastic breaks -- where does it go? Can it work it's way into your engine (it looks possible). Is it worth taking a chance?
okay I think I get what you mean now...the only reinforcement besides the plastic would be the metal piece right under it...i will try to get a better picture..it's just that I wanted to leave it in the package to show that I wasn't the one that damaged it, in attempt to install
      02-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

I agree with PG. The first thing I thought is that is exactly where the clamp goes and chances are more than likely it will not have a tight seal around that point. Why pay so much for something and accept a flawed piece? Plus I can't imagine how hard it will be to sell that thing when you decide to go another route down the road...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep

In my opinion, it doesnīt matter what is broken and if it has any affect on performance!
The main thing is: UPS broke your NEW bought part!
Normally every shipment is protected - at least thatīs how I do handle it.
So it should be replaced by UPS insurance!
I hope you complained it upon delivery!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

I understand what you guys are saying...
and no I didn't get to complain..when I was signing for it...I noticed the box and i quickly turned around to get my exacto knife...by time I turned around the driver already ran back to his truck..I opened it praying there was no damage...on hindsight I wonder if this affects me if I file for the insurance..anyone know?

it's also sad to think that because cores are so rare, I don't know when I'll get another one if i send it back
      02-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Complain to the vendor that sold you this piece, and tell him that it was broken in transit and you want a new one. He will then file a claim with UPS and get insurance money. Of course it depends how much he insured the package for, but that is not for you to worry about.

Trust me...I ship about 100 boxes every day and deal with stuff like this all the time.
      02-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

i would def get a new one if i were you. And yes the manifolds are very rare but i wouldnt take a chance on this if i were you.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
In my opinion, it doesnīt matter what is broken and if it has any affect on performance!
This is so obvious that it hurts... return the mofo!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I understand what you guys are saying...
and no I didn't get to complain..when I was signing for it...I noticed the box and i quickly turned around to get my exacto knife...by time I turned around the driver already ran back to his truck..I opened it praying there was no damage...on hindsight I wonder if this affects me if I file for the insurance..anyone know?

it's also sad to think that because cores are so rare, I don't know when I'll get another one if i send it back
Cores are not rare, airboxes are regularly available from BMW. Give UPS a call and explain what happened.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BC Forged Wheels

Hi Guys,

We worked it out with Tecnocraft. We know it's UPS's fault, but we just don't feel right that customer is taking the blame. PYSpeed and Tecnocraft both agreed to send Ben another complete ENVY equipped manifold replacement. It will be free of charge while PYSpeed and Tecnocraft deal matters with UPS so Ben won't have to wait too long for the UPS claim

Although you may want to install this part in your vehicle; we suggest just avoid all risk possible at this time. We wouldn't want any issues or problems arising from this unfortunate mishap on your car. We know each car is customer's prize possession.

And that's what PYSpeed and Tecnocraft believe what customer service is all about.

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com

Last edited by PYSpeed.com; 02-10-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep

Thatīs customer service!
Well done Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
Hi Guys,

We worked it out with Tecnocraft. We know it's UPS's fault, but we just don't feel right that customer is taking the blame. PYSpeed and Tecnocraft both agreed to send Ben another complete ENVY equipped manifold replacement. It will be free of charge while PYSpeed and Tecnocraft deal matters with UPS so Ben won't have to wait too long for the UPS claim

Although you may want to install this part in your vehicle; we suggest just avoid all risk possible at this time. We wouldn't want any issues or problems arising from this unfortunate mishap on your car. We know each car is customer's prize possession.

And that's what PYSpeed and Tecnocraft believe what customer service is all about.

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #18
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Agree 100%.

Cores are not rare, airboxes are regularly available from BMW. Give UPS a call and explain what happened.
Tom,

The intake Plenum cores are actually pretty rare. Ben did not order the ENVY intake airbox. They are out of stock in the NATION and are on b/o in germany. I have a stock plenum on order and have not gotten an ETA, so yes it is VERY VERY RARE!

Quote:
Hi Guys,

We worked it out with Tecnocraft. We know it's UPS's fault, but we just don't feel right that customer is taking the blame. PYSpeed and Tecnocraft both agreed to send Ben another complete ENVY equipped manifold replacement. It will be free of charge while PYSpeed and Tecnocraft deal matters with UPS so Ben won't have to wait too long.

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com
wow. thats pretty cool of you guys!

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep

I do not know what your source is, but here in Germany they are easy to get.
I always have them within 2 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
Tom,

The intake Plenum cores are actually pretty rare. Ben did not order the ENVY intake airbox. They are out of stock in the NATION and are on b/o in germany. I have a stock plenum on order and have not gotten an ETA, so yes it is VERY VERY RARE!

wow. thats pretty cool of you guys!

Ed Lin
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
Tom,

Ed Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterzM View Post
The intake plenum has been on a nationwide back order since Nov. of 09.
Actually, there are 20 new intakes in the US at this time, 6 of them being in the Jacksonville distribution center.

If you need us to get you a core, let me know - I even have one here.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com
Great customer service Eric!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #22
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Eric is the man! With out a doubt one of the best vendors on this site. Immediate response and by far the best pricing on a wide range of products.

Have 2 goodies on order with Eric right now, will post pics/reviews/praise as soon as they come in
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by SpencerM3; 02-10-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0