BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
How could you be asking for color advice? Personally I think any blue and red combo would end up looking like a flag. And unless you can get that luscious Kansas City Red (a Z4 interior color option) go with the black, especially if you're going with blue.

If you want color analysis, then here's input for you: Le Mans Blue has a hint of green in it. That's what makes it sexy. The Fox Red is rather orangey. Put them together and you have a real clash, and it won't look like a flag, it will look like a sun-worn flag.

Get the Le Mans Blue with black. Or go with Alpine White or Black exterior to match the Fox Red.

And I still say go with the carbon leather for the dash. It looks hawt, I tell you!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #24
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderman23 View Post
I listen to a bit of music, but I don't play it too loud and I'm not looking for crazy bass or anything like that. Basically, if I could still hear the audio cranked up at highway speeds with the top down I'd be happy. I have no idea how the system compares, but I have the standard speakers on my 09 z4 and that sounds just fine to me.
The sound system has me a bit befuddled also. I currently have an '08 335i Coupe which came standard with the Logic 7 (13 speakers, approx 300W amp(IIRC), Equalizer). For me it's a very good system and at no extra cost.

Unfortunently, the current M3 only comes with two options, the base HiFi system with 10 speakers, 180W, and Equalizer (basically, just a step above the non-HiFi system) and then a huge jump to the Enhanced Premium Sound with 12 speakers, 875W, DIRAC, and Equalizer at an Enhanced Premium Price of $1,900. The non-M E9X line's high end system is the HK at $875 which appears to be a relabled Logic 7. If it were available for the M3 that's what I'd opt for. It performs very well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg and plays as loudly and cleanly as I need but, as I said, not available in the M3 so you're stuck with either a low-mid grade system or a premium $$$$ystem. While it'll probably be overkill for me I guess I'll have to pay for much more system than I need otherwise run the risk of being grossly dissatisfied, especially with the top down.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #25
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
EPS sounds fabulous in my car. Much better than the "premium" sound in my '08 335. At $1900 it's a pretty price to pay, but if music (not yakyak radio) is important to you, it could very well be worth it for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #26
boarderman23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3

In terms of color advice, I like to hear advice...whether I take it or not. I appreciate all the feedback and like to hear what people have to say about my color options. It got me set on carbon rather than brushed aluminum (may have been the pictures too).

In terms of exterior, I'm set on blue and personally like the combo with the fox red (I realize it may not be popular, but I'm getting it because I like it). Now I just need to decide if I like the regular or extended better (it's hard to tell without seeing it in person).
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #27
boarderman23
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
The sound system has me a bit befuddled also. I currently have an '08 335i Coupe which came standard with the Logic 7 (13 speakers, approx 300W amp(IIRC), Equalizer). For me it's a very good system and at no extra cost.

Unfortunently, the current M3 only comes with two options, the base HiFi system with 10 speakers, 180W, and Equalizer (basically, just a step above the non-HiFi system) and then a huge jump to the Enhanced Premium Sound with 12 speakers, 875W, DIRAC, and Equalizer at an Enhanced Premium Price of $1,900. The non-M E9X line's high end system is the HK at $875 which appears to be a relabled Logic 7. If it were available for the M3 that's what I'd opt for. It performs very well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg and plays as loudly and cleanly as I need but, as I said, not available in the M3 so you're stuck with either a low-mid grade system or a premium $$$$ystem. While it'll probably be overkill for me I guess I'll have to pay for much more system than I need otherwise run the risk of being grossly dissatisfied, especially with the top down.
I've read a lot of opinions on this and decided to get the enhanced audio upgrade. If i was getting the coupe or sedan, I'd have to think about it differently. I have a z4 right now and the standard sound system just isn't loud enough at highway speeds with the top down. However, with the top/windows up, the system is perfectly fine for me. I have no idea how the standard audio in the z4 (latest generation) compares to the standard version in the M3 though.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #28
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
LeMans/Fox is a great combo. IMO, most people who don't like it haven't seen the combo in person. It often gets called 'superman' and is said to be too loud, but people are probably either thinking of Coral Red or are just imagining it wrong. Since Fox is a dark red with almost brown undertones it's not as flashy as you might think, and looks great extended or regular.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #29
boarderman23
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
and looks great extended or regular.
...I just can't decide lol
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #30
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderman23 View Post
...I just can't decide lol
I went extended, primarily because my 335 had an all black dash/console, and I wanted it to feel different since the interiors are pretty close. I'm glad I did, as the driver I'm looking forward all the time and the bit of color makes the interior feel nicer. Looking at photos, I felt that the dash/cockpit looked out of place being all black with the red everywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #31
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
LeMans/Fox is a great combo. IMO, most people who don't like it haven't seen the combo in person. It often gets called 'superman' and is said to be too loud, but people are probably either thinking of Coral Red or are just imagining it wrong. Since Fox is a dark red with almost brown undertones it's not as flashy as you might think, and looks great extended or regular.
Gotta agree with the description of the FR. I've got Coral Red and it's pretty bright with almost a purplish tint. Definently wouldn't do it with a blue exterior, particularly in a convertible. However, there's a major difference between CR and the FR which is a much darker, richer (less flamboyant???) color. It's more of a brick red with the brown undertones that sor mentions. I could see it working well with one of the blues but would recommend hunting down photos or preferrably the real thing at a dealership (if you can find one).
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #32
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
here's a good representation: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=27
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #33
boarderman23
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you! I like everything about the extended leather except how far it comes up the lower dash...just seems a bit too much red for me. I don't think I would dislike the regular leather package, I'm just not sure if I like the extended (but I would imagine the extra leather adds a nice touch).

If equipping the standard leather option, what's in place of the missing extended leather (soft touch material or harder plastic)?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #34
EuroCarsOnline
Rep
Drives: BMW Individual M3 Sedan

It's not soft material. It's synthetic

Regards,

David

Ultimate Buying Power
BMWDavid@me.com
www.bmweco.com 202-262-2900
Call Joy for Vehicle Status 443-883-6925