BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Normal for Standard and Poor's to make phone calls?

I guess I'll ask the financial people this. So when I started here I got the phone number to the old head of HR for Benefits. Usually atleast once a week I get a call from people trying to get benefits information and such. When that happens I just forward them off to the 1-800 number I have for benefits because it isn't my job since I am an accountant and have no relation to HR. Well I just got a call from Standard and Poor's trying to find out information if certain executives are with the company. My company bought out/mergining with another company if you don't remember an earlier post from last month from me. Is it weird they would make a phone call like that since they do financial research on stocks? This is the company I'm talking about http://www.standardandpoors.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

No, it is someone fishing around for none public information. it could be anyone most likely someone in the investment world looking for some inside information.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
No, it is someone fishing around for none public information. it could be anyone most likely someone in the investment world looking for some inside information.
Phone number on my ID came up as Standard and Poor's and then the person said they worked there...
Appreciate 0