BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
dont touch stocks OP, whatever you do. I suggest you talk to someone at a charles schwab or something similar.

You can't do much with 10k, I personally would park it in a bank until I got more and then think about consulting professional financial help.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Hmmm. Open a large lemonade and cookie stand. Or invest in BMW mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #25
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

buy knicks season ticket and SELL THEM!!! you have no idea how much i made doing that last year! =X

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
buy an ice cream truck.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
dont touch stocks OP, whatever you do. I suggest you talk to someone at a charles schwab or something similar.

You can't do much with 10k, I personally would park it in a bank until I got more and then think about consulting professional financial help.
+1, this is wise advice. You can also look into relatively 'safe' investments through your bank or brokerage, such as certain mutual funds or money market funds (eg. those that invest in government or municipal bonds). I don't recommend jumping into the stock market or more volatile funds and investment routes, unless you are willing to accept that the $10k is expendable.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #28
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arggg45 View Post
I cant tell if you're being serious or not, but think about it, with 10k, you can get well on your way to starting a business that doesn't require you to be there, is fairly inexpensive to run (Just have to pay for water and electricity), pays in cash, and is easy to maintain (Industrial laundry equipment is bulletproof)...Plus people always have clothes to wash.
I was dead serious. My uncle owns three of them and they do well.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
buy knicks season ticket and SELL THEM!!! you have no idea how much i made doing that last year! =X
that would probably only have worked last year because now the tickets are super over priced. With that said if the knicks do get another superstar then this is a very profitable idea

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #30
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ325i View Post
So I have a question about your business.

Do you keep a stock of caskets or do you order them from the manufacturer as and when they are needed?

Last year I came across an auction for 25+ Batesville Caskets, I was tempted but decided it would be too hard for me to move them quickly. That was probably something you could have made money on. They went as a lot and I think the average price was $500 each, a couple were damaged though.
no we dont stock caskets....we order what we need when we need them. all the big casket manufacturers are local and even small time family run operations are blocks away. we can get anything delivered within hours. i can even pick up in the morning for an evening service.

500 is a decent price for a sealed casket, even better price for an 18 gauge sealed casket....but thats expensive price for a 20 gauge non sealed unit. our market just wants cheap cheap no frills. they dont care how thick the metal is....i get the same answer "its just a box!" haha
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #31
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdadkel View Post
You live in Philly, buy a beat up painters van, put a grill and fridge in it, and drive around making Philly cheesesteaks to all the work sites.
After work, sell ice cream
lol....there are hundreds of street vendors in philly. its the new trend. some of them are fucking fantastic!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
+1, this is wise advice. You can also look into relatively 'safe' investments through your bank or brokerage, such as certain mutual funds or money market funds (eg. those that invest in government or municipal bonds). I don't recommend jumping into the stock market or more volatile funds and investment routes, unless you are willing to accept that the $10k is expendable.
i have absolutely no clue about stocks at all. i plead ignorance. i dont have the time to calculate my move. i would pay my nephew to pick ten stocks by random and il put 1k in each....that seems offensive ha
Appreciate 0