BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #243
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

BimmerPost / P90x transformation challenge participants list:
1. McMuffin
2. Import36?
3. TTexan
4. .:bhd.:
5. leocdmg ( can I use the results i already posted )
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #244
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post
^ I'll join. I started last Monday, today was the start of the second week, if you guys don't mind, I'd like to share my thoughts so far (please fast forward, I am doing this to get it off my chest more than anything).

Was in the best shape of my life probably about a year and a half ago, I am 5'6, was about 145 at the time, solid build. I moved, started focusing on my career, became a couch potato. Looked at myself in the mirror a couple weeks ago and am just disgusted with what I've become. I've put on about 20 pounds.

I just feel ashamed of myself, struggling through these workouts and I'm only on week 2. I've commited myself to a diet, which seems to be the easiest part about this whole deal thus far, though I know it's early and temptation is always looming.

Sorry for the bore fellas, just frustrated with myself, I will keep pressing play. Thanks for listening.
wow...this sounds similar to my situation. what's even more funny is that we're the same size! just hang in there with the workouts bro...and you will progress. i'm on week 4 day 2 today...and i still struggle with the workouts(especially Ab Ripper X). but i'm determined to turn things around before summer comes.

and yes fellas...count me in on the challenge (btw...the green bottles are recovery drinks)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #245
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
( can I use the results i already posted )
Of course.

Quote:
and yes fellas...count me in on the challenge (btw...the green bottles are recovery drinks)
Which recovery drink do you have?

Alright guys let's try posting our day 1 pics by Sunday the 14th. Hopefully we can get more people to join. More people equals bigger pot for the winner!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #246
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

BimmerPost / P90x transformation challenge participants list: WINNER GETS 5 BUCKS FROM EACH OF THE PARTICIPANTS!!!!
1. McMuffin
2. Import36
3. TTexan
5. leocdmg

Lets keep em coming

Last edited by McMuffin; 03-09-2010 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #247
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
BimmerPost / P90x transformation challenge participants list:
1. McMuffin
2. Import36?
3. TTexan
5. leocdmg ( can I use the results i already posted )
negative...this is a 90-day P90X body transformation....not a 7-month Iraq tour body transformation!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #248
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post
^ I'll join. I started last Monday, today was the start of the second week, if you guys don't mind, I'd like to share my thoughts so far (please fast forward, I am doing this to get it off my chest more than anything).

Was in the best shape of my life probably about a year and a half ago, I am 5'6, was about 145 at the time, solid build. I moved, started focusing on my career, became a couch potato. Looked at myself in the mirror a couple weeks ago and am just disgusted with what I've become. I've put on about 20 pounds.

I just feel ashamed of myself, struggling through these workouts and I'm only on week 2. I've commited myself to a diet, which seems to be the easiest part about this whole deal thus far, though I know it's early and temptation is always looming.

Sorry for the bore fellas, just frustrated with myself, I will keep pressing play. Thanks for listening.
lol fuck, that's exactly what happened to me, the only difference is the time. you got 1 1/2yrs. Mine's almost 3 years long

Too bizarre, I'm also 5'6 and when fat, 150-155ish lbs I'm now 140ish depending on the amount of water around my waist haha
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #249
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Thanks for the support fellas, I look forward to taking your money. (all in good fun of course).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #250
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Here are my pics (as embarrassing as it is) to make me official in the competition. Sigh.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #251
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^^ it's all good man. I'll post mine soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #252
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
^^^ it's all good man. I'll post mine soon.
yup...same here.

question: since we're all at different stages of the program...the 1-30-60-90 day progress pics will be taken at different times. how should we go about posting those? my 30 day mark is coming up next monday...(don't think my body changed all that much)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #253
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
yup...same here.

question: since we're all at different stages of the program...the 1-30-60-90 day progress pics will be taken at different times. how should we go about posting those? my 30 day mark is coming up next monday...(don't think my body changed all that much)
I guess just post em on or around your 30,60 and 90 day marks unless someone has a better idea.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #254
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I say just save it and post it all at the end

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #255
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Hey everybody I just recently started the program myself. As of this morning I completed day 5 (Legs and Back). It's definitely not easy and the biggest challenge for me has been the pullups. At first I started using the bands but it was a PITA to fiddle with them and figure out the right ones to use, so I switched to the chair method. While I'm able to do more reps, I have to concentrate to maintain my form. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be strong enough to have good form and endurance and eventually move to no chair pullups!

One note on the yoga workout... I myself have never done any form of yoga until last night's Yoga X, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty limber to begin with, so I was able to get into and hold most of the positions, and while it is nowhere near as strenuous as say plyo, I had a pretty good sweat going after 30 minutes or so. The biggest downside is that it is a long workout... 1hr 30 min!!! But it really works. For the couple days leading up to yoga, my hamstrings were extremely sore from the plyo. I was walking stiff and felt some pain every time i got into or out of a chair. But after doing the YogaX workout, they feel like new! Absolutely no soreness at all! So it just goes to show that it's a good workout to balance out the strength training with muscle flexibility.

Anyway good luck to everybody and I hope I make it through the full 90 days!

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #256
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
Hey everybody I just recently started the program myself. As of this morning I completed day 5 (Legs and Back). It's definitely not easy and the biggest challenge for me has been the pullups. At first I started using the bands but it was a PITA to fiddle with them and figure out the right ones to use, so I switched to the chair method. While I'm able to do more reps, I have to concentrate to maintain my form. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be strong enough to have good form and endurance and eventually move to no chair pullups!

One note on the yoga workout... I myself have never done any form of yoga until last night's Yoga X, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty limber to begin with, so I was able to get into and hold most of the positions, and while it is nowhere near as strenuous as say plyo, I had a pretty good sweat going after 30 minutes or so. The biggest downside is that it is a long workout... 1hr 30 min!!! But it really works. For the couple days leading up to yoga, my hamstrings were extremely sore from the plyo. I was walking stiff and felt some pain every time i got into or out of a chair. But after doing the YogaX workout, they feel like new! Absolutely no soreness at all! So it just goes to show that it's a good workout to balance out the strength training with muscle flexibility.

Anyway good luck to everybody and I hope I make it through the full 90 days!
on completing the yoga workout. i for one don't do the yoga workout...but substitute it with Kenpo Cardio (from the + workout). to be honest, i could definitely use it as my flexibility sucks...and it does make you break a sweat believe it or not. its just sooo long
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #257
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I say just save it and post it all at the end
that works for me...something like this:

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #258
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

I have been off of p90x for about a week maybe a little more. I have cheat here and there since being off. All this drama with friends, girlfriend, family, school, etc.. has made no time for anything.

Im thinking of starting over to day 1. I left of at the mid of week 3.

Shiould I start over. Its been more than a week. Shoudl I continue?

Your thoughts!?

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #259
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I have been off of p90x for about a week maybe a little more. I have cheat here and there since being off. All this drama with friends, girlfriend, family, school, etc.. has made no time for anything.

Your thoughts!?
A week is a long time to be off of the program. Start all over my .2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #260
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

shit, i just started (day 3, arms, shoulders and abs). that was so tough, but i stuck with it and i feel great. i've never been excited to work out, this is awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #261
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post

Your thoughts!?
to be honest...as my first 30 days comes to an end here shortly...i have missed more than a few workouts. two days in a row at most...but i've tried to make up for it by doing the workout on the 7th day...instead of rest/Stretch X.

if i missed an entire week or more...i'd probally just start over...especially if my diet went to shit too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #262
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, i just started (day 3, arms, shoulders and abs). that was so tough, but i stuck with it and i feel great. i've never been excited to work out, this is awesome
one thing i've found is that sometimes its hard as hell to get going. i work out in the late evening...8-830ish...and i have to really push myself sometimes to go downstairs and push PLAY.

but i tell you what...I FEEL FUCKING GREAT as soon as i'm done with the workout...which makes it all worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #263
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
Welcome aboard . You should join our transformation challenge.

Turbo > NA you should join too!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #264
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
one thing i've found is that sometimes its hard as hell to get going. i work out in the late evening...8-830ish...and i have to really push myself sometimes to go downstairs and push PLAY.
I'm a late evening guy also and I felt the same way during the first phase. That is no joke.

Now, it's not a choice, it's just something that I do. I just give it high priority. That feeling goes away over time. Just stick with it.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0