BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #23
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fra View Post
At least with the sport you can always go a bit louder at a later date(SS X-pipe)If you go with the race your fecked if it's too loud
good call!

that just finalized my decision to get the sport!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #24
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Keep in mind that the SS X-pipe is not a direct fit and takes a bit of modifiction to fit. I recommend just having a muffler shop remove the rear resonators.
Hell, that makes sense......

Thanks for the info.....still trying to decide wtf to get. But I really want to be able to hear the exhaust.

On my GT3, I ran "bypass pipes". Basically, you remove the mufflers! lol. Fricken car screamed. I loved it, but my neighbors hated me. They already commented how "quiet" my new car is. lol So, I think bypassing the mufflers is a no-go, but I need some fricken sound! What to do....decisions decisions...
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Hell, that makes sense......

Thanks for the info.....still trying to decide wtf to get. But I really want to be able to hear the exhaust.

On my GT3, I ran "bypass pipes". Basically, you remove the mufflers! lol. Fricken car screamed. I loved it, but my neighbors hated me. They already commented how "quiet" my new car is. lol So, I think bypassing the mufflers is a no-go, but I need some fricken sound! What to do....decisions decisions...
The GT3 with bypass pipes had to sound amazing. The Eisenmann Sport performance is a "neighborhood friendly" exhaust system. It has the same db level as stock but with a deeper tone. Don't get me wrong the Race performance will not wake up the neighborhood but it does have an aggressive tone. Our IND project car with the SS X-pipe and secondary cat-delete pipes with the Eisenmann Race performance is crazy loud and will shake the neighbors houses in the morning
      08-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
The GT3 with bypass pipes had to sound amazing. The Eisenmann Sport performance is a "neighborhood friendly" exhaust system. It has the same db level as stock but with a deeper tone. Don't get me wrong the Race performance will not wake up the neighborhood but it does have an aggressive tone. Our IND project car with the SS X-pipe and secondary cat-delete pipes with the Eisenmann Race performance is crazy loud and will shake the neighbors houses in the morning
To add my Eisenmann Race with the GruppeM is also not that bad. I personally would go with the Race.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #27
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Eisenmann Sport all the way! Perfect sound IMO.

26 secs on is WOT.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #28
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Mikey View Post
+ 1 Mantis. I went with the Eisenmann sport in fear of the race being to loud. I think if your worried about it or even have to second guess yourself, then go with the quieter one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
I didn't know you'd gotten a chance to hear the Race in person yet.

Lots of people are thrown off by the name "Race", but in my opinion the sound is still very acceptable. Like a few have said, however, if you have to ask yourself if the race is too loud, perhaps it's best to stick with the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Why would the transmission type make a difference in the exhaust sound?
i think i was wrong. i was playing the other night with a I6-powered E46 M3 with Eisenmann race. That car sounded 10x sicker than my car. i cannot imagine how sick it sounds on the V8. for that sound i'd live with a noisy cabin and drone. wow that sounded so sweet.

no Ilia, i have not heard E9x Eisenmann race, but judging from 335's and E46 and other versions Eisenmann produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
The way the guy at WheelSTO explained it was that there is a tendency for RPMs to be lower on DCT cars rather than 6MTs. I realize that's a sweeping generalization on his part, but I can see his point. When I have owned MTs in the past, I tend to "race" the engine more than I do on automatics/SMGs/DCT. He also said that he had a couple of customers that had DCTs that reported the same type of drone at lower RPMs.

The only reason I give his statements and observations any credibility is because he makes a living off selling Eisenmann exhaust systems and as a result has had countless conversations with customers owning both types of transmissions (DCT & 6MT) and both types of exhausts (Race & Sport). Beyond that, it's subjective at best.
we had a huge debate last year about this, and Eisenhaus was claiming AT cars will be louder and have much more drone and basically sound like ass compared to 6MT. i didnt buy it. we kept on debating. after i almost go convinced we found out Eisenhaus was only trying to cover up for fake exhausts they were selling. so i still dont see how transmission type makes a huge difference in exhaust. why doesnt it make a difference with stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #29
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
To add my Eisenmann Race with the GruppeM is also not that bad. I personally would go with the Race.
True that

08-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #30
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post

26 secs on is WOT.

Cool. Infineon....mmmmm....my favorite track hands down!

The Sport sounds too quiet to me...but of course, it is hard to tell from videos! I guess I need to hear it for myself. I need to get my ass out to the track......I will be done with break-in very soon, so I guess I should pick a day and go! I aint gonna hear one in person sitting on my couch!
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #31
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Cool. Infineon....mmmmm....my favorite track hands down!

The Sport sounds too quiet to me...but of course, it is hard to tell from videos! I guess I need to hear it for myself. I need to get my ass out to the track......I will be done with break-in very soon, so I guess I should pick a day and go! I aint gonna hear one in person sitting on my couch!
You need to hear a Sport/Race in person for sure. Videos make it hard to tell.
      08-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #32
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You need to hear a Sport/Race in person for sure. Videos make it hard to tell.
For sure! I was just thinking...of course it sounds quiet! I used to run bypass pipes! lol. I will just have to be patient and wait to hear one in person.

Thanks for all the cool vids though Nate....the race with the X-pipe, etc. sounds fricken awesome.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0