BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #23
The Database
Prepare to be virtually punished.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I saw a frozen M3 last week and it was definitely a head turner, looks great.
      11-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #24
snipe
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

If the soundsystem is that important for you, you'd better go for a 640i or 650i. You can order it with a truly brilliant Bang & Olufsen system. Make sure you have BMW Professional navigation, BMW Online, Bluetooth and iPod-integration. It's state of the art and almost sounds like a concert in the Royal Albert Hall.

On the other hand, you can have some fun with the M3 too.

Can't remember it too well, but I suppose that car had a radio. I didn't use it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #25
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
Someone please please tell me why on Earth would BMW put out an $82k special edition Frozen Silver M3 and NOT put premium audio in it?

As stupid as this sounds, this is making me hesitate on purchasing this car. I have had cars with the premium an without. I told my self I would never buy a bmw without it again. To me it is a Huge difference.

Anyone here feel the same.
that and I can order a Individual car for way less
. hmm
If you request a Frozen M3 thru Individual with the exact same equipment level of this Frozen Silver it will cost you quite more than $82K MSRP. The CF interior trim alone would be about $3000 just because of the new CF center console and rear vents trim.

So no, you cannot order an Individual car for "way" less than this one unless you order "less" Individual options.

And the missing Individual Audio/EPS option? It can be easily exceeded in quality and in cost by going aftermarket, and still make it look OEM. The only advantage that the Individual Audio has over the HiFi is at higher volume because in lower volume both sound pretty much the same -muddy. Yes, I have owned both systems and my current M3 has the HiFi for a reason.

I just finished retrofitting all the Individual Audio OEM speakers (except the useless underseat OEM woofers and including a new OEM rear shelf for the rear component speakers) in my M3 and looks like it came from factory. And after powering them with just the HiFi OEM amp as a test the improvement over the standard audio is quite significant, especially at lower volumes -the "muddyness" is gone but at higher volumes still sucks.

That will be taken care of by 2 PDX amps and an MS-8 this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

some of you are missing the point. First, why does everyone in every thread no matter what the thread is have to start saying th eM3 is not for you, or if you want this you should not get the m3.
Thats just stupid answers.
The point is that this car is loaded with everything and no premium audio. to me thats just rediculous. and for someone that doesnt want to go after market on the radio then the premium audio is great.

and Really? you people don't listen to the radio in your car? whatever.
      11-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Someone please please tell me why on Earth would BMW put out an $82k special edition Frozen Silver M3 and NOT put premium audio in it?
The M3 has premium audio. It's under the hood!
      11-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

I say wait and order what you really want, plus the matte silver isn't that appealing to me anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
The M3 has premium audio. It's under the hood!
Good answer!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #30
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

As stupid as this sounds, this is making me hesitate on purchasing this car. I have had cars with the premium an without. I told my self I would never buy a bmw without it again. To me it is a Huge difference.

Anyone here feel the same.
that and I can order a Individual car for way less. hmm
I would WAYYY rather have frozen silver (without premium audio) than any other regular paint color (with prem audio). That color combo is SICKKKK!

I do agree with you though... if you are dropping $82k you should get all the options you want. I would have a hard time though... that color is SWEEEET.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0