BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

12-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

"Competition Package" Available for March (Updated)

Hope this photo hasn't yet appeared, looks like this may be a Competition Package car with the new March/2010 tail lights and other LCI upgrades not visible. Hopefully the new GTS wheels (silver in this photo) will be a part of the package as will the 10mm suspension drop as previously offered on the "Edition" models. A brake upgrade would be nice, a functional touch similar to what they added on the previous gen M3 Comp. package. Motor/power specs will remain the same though.

My March-production "Individual" M3 is just about finished the design stages and BMW M will be providing me with the final confirmed specs very shortly. It's taken one extremely interesting year (and dozens of e-mails back and forth to Munich) to get it right but it's an adventure I'll never forget. No photos or story about the entire experience until the car's sitting in my driveway though.....which will be about a month after it takes a few break-in laps on the "Ring" 'cause that's where I'm picking it up. I won't give away any company secrets but for those of you debating on buying an E92 M3 in the near future, schedule yourself for a March & beyond build. You won't regret it.

Regards, Mark
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark's M; 12-11-2009 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Updated Info
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Cool information. Looking forward to seeing the GTS and competition package,

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

ill keep this in mind if i have to order a new car
      12-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

1) Congrats on the purchase. You will absolutely love the car. Make sure to post lots of pics when you two are finally united.

2) Those silver GTS wheels look awesome.

3) This picture has now been in posted in four separate threads on this forum.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Those tires look huge.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
1) Congrats on the purchase. You will absolutely love the car. Make sure to post lots of pics when you two are finally united.

2) Those silver GTS wheels look awesome.

3) This picture has now been in posted in four separate threads on this forum.

OOOPs, sorry. But I posted more for the info than the pic. And I thought I'd read everything!!

And double apologies as of Dec 4th.....I really don't ever read the subsection of the forum where this pic (and the rest of the accompanying shots from Autoblog) appeared. I've seen them now since my post got moved. I owe everyone a Sailor Jerry I guess!!!

Last edited by Mark's M; 12-05-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
[/COLOR]

OOOPs, sorry. But I posted more for the info than the pic. And I thought I'd read everything!!
No worries mate, it was the thought that counts. Thanks for the thought, info and the pic, I don't think any of us mind seeing that a few extra times

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Hope this photo hasn't yet appeared, looks like this may be a Competition Package car with the new March/2010 tail lights and other LCI upgrades not visible. Hopefully the new GTS wheels (silver in this photo) will be a part of the package as will the 10mm suspension drop as previously offered on the "Edition" models. A brake upgrade would be nice, a functional touch similar to what they added on the previous gen M3 Comp. package. Motor/power specs will remain the same though.

My March-production "Individual" M3 is just about finished the design stages and BMW M will be providing me with the final confirmed specs very shortly. It's taken one extremely interesting year (and dozens of e-mails back and forth to Munich) to get it right but it's an adventure I'll never forget. No photos or story about the entire experience until the car's sitting in my driveway though.....which will be about a month after it takes a few break-in laps on the "Ring" 'cause that's where I'm picking it up. I won't give away any company secrets but for those of you debating on buying an E92 M3 in the near future, schedule yourself for a March & beyond build. You won't regret it.

Regards, Mark
I just put in my order here in Germany and I'm picking up the M3 in late January or beginning of February. I would be pretty upset if I missed something like that by a month. Any more news?

Thanks...

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Just confirmed by my dealer that the updated car will be March production.No details on options or equipment though.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

I hope we can retrofit those tail lights.
      12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlight View Post
I just put in my order here in Germany and I'm picking up the M3 in late January or beginning of February. I would be pretty upset if I missed something like that by a month. Any more news?

Thanks...
Most probably you will be pretty upset.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Thanks...
My scheduling will be for March production and this direction comes from BMW M division. You might want to reconsider and wait for release of the specific LCI details - including the Competition package. No one on this site really knows me but I'm sure that people like South or Savage would confirm my information.

Again, these changes aren't going to be overwhelming but they'll certainly add to the appeal (and to a small extent, the performance) of the 03/10 and beyond production cars.

Hope this helps, Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My scheduling will be for March production and this direction comes from BMW M division. You might want to reconsider and wait for release of the specific LCI details - including the Competition package. No one on this site really knows me but I'm sure that people like South or Savage would confirm my information.

Again, these changes aren't going to be overwhelming but they'll certainly add to the appeal (and to a small extent, the performance) of the 03/10 and beyond production cars.

Hope this helps, Mark
I appreciate the input. I will try to stall my production date so that I can get a March 2010 M3.

Thanks for the info.

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hope this helps, Mark
I guess there is no specific info on the competition package?

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

where's savage when you need him???? just kidding, he would know
      12-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Just confirmed by my dealer that the updated car will be March production.No details on options or equipment though.
Canadian dealer? you mean cars delivered by March or start producing in March?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
Canadian dealer? you mean cars delivered by March or start producing in March?
March production.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I guess there is no specific info on the competition package?
Not yet. But I've spec'd out my car with bits and pieces from the euro "Edition" model (thus far approved) and I understand that the Comp. pkg will overlap with some of the stuff (eg. lowered suspension). I'm hoping for upgraded brakes as I track for fun once per year. Either way, BMW M has already pre-supposed that I'll be adding the Comp. pkg which is already adding to the (somewhat unknown) excitement of what I'll be getting.

Again, hope this helps....Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #19
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Sounds exciting. Great to see a competition package will be offered in 2011. Who knows the "unknown excitement" is lighter weight or a boost up in power of around 430 HP.

Quote:
Not yet. But I've spec'd out my car with bits and pieces from the euro "Edition" model (thus far approved) and I understand that the Comp. pkg will overlap with some of the stuff (eg. lowered suspension). I'm hoping for upgraded brakes as I track for fun once per year. Either way, BMW M has already pre-supposed that I'll be adding the Comp. pkg which is already adding to the (somewhat unknown) excitement of what I'll be getting.

Again, hope this helps....Mark

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Not yet. But I've spec'd out my car with bits and pieces from the euro "Edition" model (thus far approved) and I understand that the Comp. pkg will overlap with some of the stuff (eg. lowered suspension).
I'm curious how much you are paying for this privilege? If you don't mind sharing.

Quote:
I'm hoping for upgraded brakes as I track for fun once per year. Either way, BMW M has already pre-supposed that I'll be adding the Comp. pkg which is already adding to the (somewhat unknown) excitement of what I'll be getting.
So, if I am getting you correctly here, you had already convinced BMW to let you add options from the Edition. But now this competition package is coming and will include some of those same parts anyway. So you will just be adding that pacakge once you have details and will thereby lower your cost since some parts that would have been custom ordered are now part of the package. Yeah?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

One question here...Some threads on M3 LCI have mentioned that there will an upgrade on new iDrive and a 8.8" display......
isn't the current model already with the new iDrive and 8.8 display?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #22
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
One question here...Some threads on M3 LCI have mentioned that there will an upgrade on new iDrive and a 8.8" display......
isn't the current model already with the new iDrive and 8.8 display?
The two iDrive upgrades are the new Voice Control and a "DVR"-style Sirius stellite radio feature.

They were supposed to be integrated for MY2010 but delayed until March production.
Appreciate 0