BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

05-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Samsung S4 issues/questions

Not sure if this has been discussed but here it goes. I have a 2013 car. I had an IPhone 5 and it paired great through bluetooth. I could hit the media button on the steering wheel and start playing my music. All the song information would come right up on the screen.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy S4. No issues syncing up via bluetooth. Can make calls no problem.

Now when I go and hit the media button the music plays and that is great. Issue is I do not have any music/artist information.

As a side note I am playing my Itunes music library that I have loaded/synced to my Samsung S4 via an app called double twist. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is your music on an SD card or on-board storage? I stream Spotify Pro via bluetooth on my '13 but it never gives me any details on what I'm playing. The phone is the portal that displays artist info/song etc. not the Nav screen....BMW is configured for a wired iOS device, not wireless Android. I have the Nexus and I stream fine, getting the S4 next week, I expect the same but better connectivity.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Is your music on an SD card or on-board storage? I stream Spotify Pro via bluetooth on my '13 but it never gives me any details on what I'm playing. The phone is the portal that displays artist info/song etc. not the Nav screen....BMW is configured for a wired iOS device, not wireless Android. I have the Nexus and I stream fine, getting the S4 next week, I expect the same but better connectivity.
No SD, only the phone memory. My IPhone would display the song info while connected wirelessly without the USB cord. It was very nice. Yes the song info is on the phone and it does play fine but it was nice to have the info on the Nav screen.

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

I have the same problem, try a different music app. I haven't tried this yet, but when I had my nexus S i had the same "unknown artist" etc problem using n7 player. Using the stock google player or apollo player solved the problem.