BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
briancl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Out of Warranty: Mileage? Owner History? Extended Warranty?

Hey all,

I've been looking around still familiarizing with the used E92 market. The car I am looking at is a 2010 E92 M3 with 49k miles, but history shows it has had all the routine maintenance done with little to minor issues. If you have an extended warranty that will cover you with any issues, would it still cause you to look at lower mileage options OUT of warranty?

Is the purpose of going with lower mileage so you can get by without an extended warranty? First time owning a BMW, so no real experience with how costly the repairs are. Hence, the warranty. Would like to hear everyone's experience.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I wouldn't be scared of a car with miles on it if I knew it was well maintained.

Some people buy high end cars and skip on the upkeep because they can make the payments but they can't really afford the car if you catch my gist.

I'd go for the car that is the best value that was taken care of. You'll probably pay less if the car has average miles for the year vs super low miles and you can swing for an extended warranty.
Appreciate 0