BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

12-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
zapptiger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
advice of e46 m3

Hi guys,

I am looking on a 2003.5 e46 m3 convertible. It is on 47k miles currently. Has AA supercharged kit for 17k miles. And from pic I am sure it has Borla exhaust. He is the 3rd owner. Clean title, no accident history and also claimed mechanically perfect. He just changed new brakes, rotors, spark plugs, oil change, conservation tune( what is this?) and rear tires.

He is asking for 22k.

Question 1: I am pretty worried about supercharged e46. Hows it after using of 17k miles? If its not that reliable, Imma ask him part out sc; but hows everything mechanically after parting out sc? Will it still run perfect as before supercharged?

Question 2: Is 2003 e46 supercharged too old? I plan to track it and daily drive as well.

Question 3: Fair price for it with and without sc kit?

Thanks for reading. Any advice will be appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

I have never owned a car with aftermarket supercharger but I will give you my opinion. When you install supercharger on a non-supercharged engine you increase the wear and tear on the engine. Problems starts raising faster and voids all warranties if it had.

To answer your question, when you add aftermarket parts, engine becomes less reliable. If you are planning to keep the car for long time, consider another one that didn't have any tunes or supercharger on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
zapptiger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3
I have never owned a car with aftermarket supercharger but I will give you my opinion. When you install supercharger on a non-supercharged engine you increase the wear and tear on the engine. Problems starts raising faster and voids all warranties if it had.

To answer your question, when you add aftermarket parts, engine becomes less reliable. If you are planning to keep the car for long time, consider another one that didn't have any tunes or supercharger on it.
Thanks for your advice. A 17k mileage old supercharged e46 really making me doubt the reliability. But what if I ask him part out the kit? Would be better? Or I'm still taking risk?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapptiger View Post
Thanks for your advice. A 17k mileage old supercharged e46 really making me doubt the reliability. But what if I ask him part out the kit? Would be better? Or I'm still taking risk?
If he is asking 22k with supercharger, you can buy the car with SC and then sell SC separately and save money if repairs is needed in long term. 17k with supercharger (if he is honest) is not too bad but still a concern.
Appreciate 0