BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

10-20-2010, 04:14 AM   #45
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
cool post! now turn up the boost in that Alpina B3
Alpina has already maxed out the stock turbo in the present iteration of their B3 Biturbo. They're running at 17.5 psi - if you use more boost, they'll be even further out of their efficiency range and will melt in a short period of time.

You can however optimize the exhaust system (catless downpipes) and install a meth injection - then you'll be probably at around 450hp (crank). Or you put in bigger turbos, then 500hp is easy to reach.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      10-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #46
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

IS-F
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #47
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
Sit in two cars to decide which performs better? Hmm

I'm willing to bet the Mustang 5.0 would make the Lexus IS-F look silly on the track...
And I'm willing to bet it won't. I spent three days in a 5.0 and while it is a great bang for the buck, it isn't going to be swaying a bunch of buyers in the luxury sedan market.

It had considerable body roll and did not inspire the confidence that the F (or of course C63/M3) does when pushed hard in a corner. The interior, while a step up for the 'Stang, is nowhere near luxurious. Sure, the stitching on the seats looks cool, but they have zero bolstering and support.

Great car for $30K less than the luxury sedans but not a car I would ever buy.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #48
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Jahre Edition

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Jahre  [9.50]
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
Sit in two cars to decide which performs better? Hmm

I'm willing to bet the Mustang 5.0 would make the Lexus IS-F look silly on the track...
I do not think so. Battle of Supercars M3 versus IS-F, the Lexus won the track segment against the DCT version of the M3. FYI, they tested the 2010 model which has a real LSD.
BTW, the 2011 IS-F just came out with a recalibrated suspension/sterring and 2 seconds faster than its predecessor ( Fuji testing probably).

The Mustang 5.0 lost to a manual M3 which is slower than the DCT. The Lexus hang and won against the DCT..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #49
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexura1414 View Post
I do not think so. Battle of Supercars M3 versus IS-F, the Lexus won the track segment against the DCT version of the M3. FYI, they tested the 2010 model which has a real LSD.
BTW, the 2011 IS-F just came out with a recalibrated suspension/sterring and 2 seconds faster than its predecessor ( Fuji testing probably).

The Mustang 5.0 lost to a manual M3 which is slower than the DCT. The Lexus hang and won against the DCT..
Ya...ummm...maybe referencing a "made for tv" race that didn't actually tell you jack about both cars might not have been best for your first post.

Tanner blocked Paul all the way around....that was more about driver's than the cars. The M3 would still be faster on an empty track, just as there is no way the F would lose in a straight line as badly as it did in real life.

The new F is marginally faster and it is good to see some track improvements. The M3, F and 5.0 are very different cars for people with different priorities.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #50
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Ya...ummm...maybe referencing a "made for tv" race that didn't actually tell you jack about both cars might not have been best for your first post.

Tanner blocked Paul all the way around....that was more about driver's than the cars. The M3 would still be faster on an empty track, just as there is no way the F would lose in a straight line as badly as it did in real life.

The new F is marginally faster and it is good to see some track improvements. The M3, F and 5.0 are very different cars for people with different priorities.
I apologize. I was not referring to your post. I was quoting the guy who said that the F would look silly on the track with a Mustang 5.0
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #51
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
And I agree that the M3 DCT would be faster on an open track. But the manual M3 would have a hard time against the updated IS-F. It would boil down to driver skill..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #52
gregarious
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

335i relegated to daily beater. The new toy with P31 and LSD. FTW.
Attached Images

e90 - 335i - Prem - Sport - Cold - 6mt - Jet Black - Black Leather - Al Trim
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #53
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

Why can't people accept the fact that M is the best race division of all luxury brands.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #54
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

This hard concurence gives to people better and better cars M3 with comp package is a real example
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #55
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe

Test drove the C63 2 weeks ago, awesome feel, the power the thing has and the exhaust note is to die for. Oh yeah, and the price is way better than an M3.
      10-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #56
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
Test drove the C63 2 weeks ago, awesome feel, the power the thing has and the exhaust note is to die for. Oh yeah, and the price is way better than an M3.
go for it man. you only live once.

personally if i'm in market for a sedan, i will take the c63 amg over e90 m3 or isf.

but if i'm market for a coupe/vert, m3 it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #57
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
go for it man. you only live once.

personally if i'm in market for a sedan, i will take the c63 amg over e90 m3 or isf.

but if i'm market for a coupe/vert, m3 it is.
I partially agree with you.

I tried to purchase the C63 first but it wasn't available so I chose the F.

If I wanted a vert the M3 would have been a no brainer over a MB or Z for myself.

However, if you bring a coupe into the conversation I don't think the M3 is actually an option....even though I think it is dead sexy. If 2 doors is an option the Z06, GT R or any number of P cars would be my first choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #58
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I partially agree with you.

I tried to purchase the C63 first but it wasn't available so I chose the F.

If I wanted a vert the M3 would have been a no brainer over a MB or Z for myself.

However, if you bring a coupe into the conversation I don't think the M3 is actually an option....even though I think it is dead sexy. If 2 doors is an option the Z06, GT R or any number of P cars would be my first choice.
couple of reasons why i would take the m3 over the gtr or z06 or any p cars and I know I would be very happy with this choice. proper rear seats, NA high revving experience, refinement in both look and interior, cheaper, huge aftermarket/mod options, and huge fan base (I found this this as a huge plus as whenever I have issue or looking to improve my m3, there is always something available on the forum).

gtr and z06 will demolish the m3 in performance for sure, but I don't think i can use their full potential on the street. even the e46 m3 is too fast for me on the street and i found myself fighting hard inside to keep it at speed limit. however, I would buy a black c6 z06 as a second car down the road because it is good looking, huge power, fun as a second car. you know how hopeless the z06 is for our crazy winter.

Last edited by graider; 10-29-2010 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #59
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
couple of reasons why i would take the m3 over the gtr or z06 and I know I would be very with this choice. proper rear seats, NA high revving experience, refinement in both look and interior, huge aftermarket/mod options, and huge fan base (I found this this as a huge plus as whenever I have issue or looking to improve my m3, there is always something available on the forum).

gtr and z06 will demolish the m3 in performance for sure, but I don't think i can use their full potential on the street. even the e46 m3 is too fast for me on the street and i found myself fighting hard inside to keep it at speed limit. however, I would buy a black c6 z06 as a second car down the road because it is good looking, huge power, fun as a second car. you know how hopeless the z06 is for our crazy winter.
I agree with you mostly again, but I wouldn't exactly call the M3 coupe rear seats "proper". Of course, the refinement and luxury is greater in the M3. The 8000 rpm redline is a huge factor for some and something that the M3 definitely offers that others don't.

I would disagree with you on the tuning options and fan base, especially with the Chev. The Corvette will have a much larger fan base due to it's relative accessibility. Both cars are capable of 600+ hp with very little effort or investment and both are also capable of well over 800+.

Any of these cars that we're discussing have too much power for the street in reality. To each his own....it's just great that we have so many choices for true "fun" cars in this day and age.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #60
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you mostly again, but I wouldn't exactly call the M3 coupe rear seats "proper". Of course, the refinement and luxury is greater in the M3. The 8000 rpm redline is a huge factor for some and something that the M3 definitely offers that others don't.

I would disagree with you on the tuning options and fan base, especially with the Chev. The Corvette will have a much larger fan base due to it's relative accessibility. Both cars are capable of 600+ hp with very little effort or investment and both are also capable of well over 800+.

Any of these cars that we're discussing have too much power for the street in reality. To each his own....it's just great that we have so many choices for true "fun" cars in this day and age.
my e46 m3 rear seats fit real adults just fine everytime i take my colleagues out for lunch, both leg room head room are good. I can imagine the e92 m3 is atleast on par with mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #61
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
my e46 m3 rear seats fit real adults just fine everytime i take my colleagues out for lunch, both leg room head room are good. I can imagine the e92 m3 is atleast on par with mine.
I can fit people comfortably in the back for short trips like that too....but I wouldn't wish it upon any of them to travel on any extended road trip in them....lol.
Appreciate 0