BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

View Poll Results: Would you own a 2011 Mustang GT
Yes 36 57.14%
No 27 42.86%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

09-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #23
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
So what are you doing on BMW forums? Do you own one? Your post history is negative towards the brand. So please, come sit on my knee and tell us where the big bad BMW touched you.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
So what are you doing on BMW forums? Do you own one? Your post history is negative towards the brand. So please, come sit on my knee and tell us where the big bad BMW touched you.
Relax .
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
ChrisV
7er
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL

Garage List
1998 740iL  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
I prefer quality over quantity.
If I'm buying a luxury car, yea. If I'm buying or building a performance car? Not so much. but then again, I don't feel the pea under 10 mattresses, either, like so many "princesses" who own BMWs do.

Then again, I've spent a lot of time in real race cars, where "quality" means making it to the finish line without breaking.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #26
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
If I'm buying a luxury car, yea. If I'm buying or building a performance car? Not so much. but then again, I don't feel the pea under 10 mattresses, either, like so many "princesses" who own BMWs do.

Then again, I've spent a lot of time in real race cars, where "quality" means making it to the finish line without breaking.
Chris . Wise words. Couldn't agree more
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #27
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Just drove a '10 GT 5 speed with the 19" wheels and 3.55 gears, but no track pack.

Build quality was more than adequate for the price. Everything felt fine. Seats were quite comfortable and easy to get positioned perfectly for my 5'10" height, with good outward visibility.

Nice clutch action, and shifter throws were spot on. Felt a lot like the last 3 series I drove with a manual for throws and feel. The sound was glorious, and it pulled hard everywhere. Brakes were definitely not like Mustang brakes of old: preogressive, predictable, and stopped quickly and smoothly. Wish old musclecars worked that good!

Steering was precise, too. No dead spot in the center like older Fords had. very responsive and easy to flick. And on the rough roads around Baltimore here, it rode as good as my 7, and didn't give any drama from the rear end. I've been in IRS cars that skittered worse over bumps (granted, they were generally set up to pull around 1G laterally, but just goes to show, if you want good grip and no lean, then there won't be much suspension compliance, be it live axle or IRS). I'd like to try a track pack equipped car, as they are supposed to be even better for handling and axle control.

These aren't sports cars. Mustangs never were. The idea was a small musclecar that was competent road racing as well as drag racing. The originals were, and so are the new ones (as multiple road racing victories in the US and Europe against BMWs and Porsches will attest). If you think it's a boat, then you haven't been in many mid size and larger cars.
QFT. Bravo!
      10-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #28
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

I like this thing, I like it a lot. Many BMW fanbois will compare it to well... a BMW. Which isn't fair, why isn't it fair?

1. If you are shopping for a 328i, believe the salesman that the car is the best handling and feeling car ever built and that nothing is greater than German engineering... you probably don't give a shit about facts, what performs better, holds up better or the REAL definition of the word so often thrown around by a badge whore "Quality"...

Quality: does quality mean superior engineering regarding reliability and well built parts? Like... the fuel pumps that BMW hasn't gotten right on the TT I6? Or the cooling issues that have always seemed to have been a huge problem with high performance BMW's? By quality did you mean subframe failures, or was it the window moldings peeling off on a 4 year old car? OH by QUALITY you meant the A/C blows cold in your $70,000 X5 with 60,000 miles or did BMW not find a fix for that one yet?

To me quality is not a word you can use to define something as a whole, but individual attributes such as "BMW's has a quality FEEL"... or "My 335i has quality sound proofing"...

Not BMW has better "quality" than that Ford piece of crap because for needed to be bailed out...

Quality to me is also taking a 20+ year old 5.0L 302ci with 150,000 miles on it, slapping a blower on it, some slicks and running 10's all day long for less than you would pay to repair your VANOS failure in your M3...

I've been to many track events, and I can assure you that the Mustang is a very capable and WELL BUILT performer on the track and off the track.

It may in time, it may be noisy, it may have lots of plastic... but what good is a quality interior when your car goes into limp mode and you're in the emergency lane on the highway because one of those wonderful "SENSORS" got fucked up and shut you down.

People buy Mustangs for the sound, how it makes them feel, and to go fast, look good and for less... The value you will get in one of these new Mustangs is not even closely matched in any way by any new BMW, and it never will be the case. Some people would rather have more go, than show and a LOT of people are perfectly fine with having a plastic interior.

OoOoO THAT SOUND!!!

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #29
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
Relax Beavis.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #30
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
I like this thing, I like it a lot. Many BMW fanbois will compare it to well... a BMW. Which isn't fair, why isn't it fair?

1. If you are shopping for a 328i, believe the salesman that the car is the best handling and feeling car ever built and that nothing is greater than German engineering... you probably don't give a shit about facts, what performs better, holds up better or the REAL definition of the word so often thrown around by a badge whore "Quality"...

Quality: does quality mean superior engineering regarding reliability and well built parts? Like... the fuel pumps that BMW hasn't gotten right on the TT I6? Or the cooling issues that have always seemed to have been a huge problem with high performance BMW's? By quality did you mean subframe failures, or was it the window moldings peeling off on a 4 year old car? OH by QUALITY you meant the A/C blows cold in your $70,000 X5 with 60,000 miles or did BMW not find a fix for that one yet?

To me quality is not a word you can use to define something as a whole, but individual attributes such as "BMW's has a quality FEEL"... or "My 335i has quality sound proofing"...

Not BMW has better "quality" than that Ford piece of crap because for needed to be bailed out...

Quality to me is also taking a 20+ year old 5.0L 302ci with 150,000 miles on it, slapping a blower on it, some slicks and running 10's all day long for less than you would pay to repair your VANOS failure in your M3...

I've been to many track events, and I can assure you that the Mustang is a very capable and WELL BUILT performer on the track and off the track.

It may in time, it may be noisy, it may have lots of plastic... but what good is a quality interior when your car goes into limp mode and you're in the emergency lane on the highway because one of those wonderful "SENSORS" got fucked up and shut you down.

People buy Mustangs for the sound, how it makes them feel, and to go fast, look good and for less... The value you will get in one of these new Mustangs is not even closely matched in any way by any new BMW, and it never will be the case. Some people would rather have more go, than show and a LOT of people are perfectly fine with having a plastic interior.

OoOoO THAT SOUND!!!

EXACTLY, my thoughts!!! I just cant implement my thoughts as accurately onto a piece of paper like u can lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicE90 View Post
Yeah like Ive said before, the older model had plenty of flaws, but after i drove in a new 1, i feel ford fixed a lot of the issues most people had with the older model. Plus, i may get flamed for this but, my 328 don't get me wrong drives beautiful good road feel, good handling for what it is etc. But im sorry its not the kind of car that makes you want to wake up every morning and just go for a drive, its certainly no s2000 on the fun factor scale. Ive also been in friends 335s numerous times and although much faster then a 328 ,and makes cool little turbo sounds , again not a car that id be like ECSTATIC to wake up every morning and drive. The mustang may not be that way either, i just believe most people stereotype all new muscle cars due to the shit the american car companys have produced in the past 15 years. You also have to factor in that a 328 with a few options can cost $40 grand easily, let alone what you would pay for a 335i heavily optioned.

You should have bought a 1 series!!! Just a suggestion. Its way more fun!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicE90 View Post
I have to say i am a bit impressed with the amount of yes votes in this poll, i though a lot more people would simply say no because they would decide to remain naive and just think "American Piece Of Shit", But I'm glad some people are realizing the good moves ford has made with the new mustang

I do agree with the thread. However, people dont just look at American cars and say that they are a piece. Most people that says that have had negative experience, thus lost confidence in American made cars because of their inferiority and unreliability back then. Now, these major corporations realize that they are being slaughtered by their competitors, so they made a bold move to enhance their products and to lower their prices. A lot of people realize that, hence the reason why a lot of people would buy a NEW mustang.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #33
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So here is a question. Those of you said that the mustang is very much improved. Does it still feel like your floating in air when you drive at high speed??? I have a 00 mustang and every time i drive it anywhere near 70 i feel like that car is unstable vs my bmw which i can go 80+ without even noticing.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #34
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1761 View Post
So here is a question. Those of you said that the mustang is very much improved. Does it still feel like your floating in air when you drive at high speed??? I have a 00 mustang and every time i drive it anywhere near 70 i feel like that car is unstable vs my bmw which i can go 80+ without even noticing.
The real question is... Who wouldn't want to be floating in the air if they could????
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #35
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1761 View Post
Your BMW can go 80+ without you noticing? WOW!

If I do this:

and this at the same time:

I can get to 155 mph without knowing when and if I am at it until I hit this:

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #36
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post

OoOoO THAT SOUND!!!

very nicely said!

I would also like to add that i picked up a 66 mustang and it is still kicking it strong.
      10-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #37
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I voted No because right now I wouldn't

But in the future, to add to my collection garage (hey a man has his dreams:P)
I will def get one :P
Appreciate 0