BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
I think this is very much a non-essential feature and I can't understand why it is named as such since it will only improve comfort for a small number of owners - most people really ought to use the conventional method of entering and leaving the car...
LOL, you know the windows go down when you keep pressing the open button, so you can enter it your way...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #24
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupé

Why do people not read my posts? http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...24&postcount=3

#3!!

The window is suppose to go down when pressed twice or something.
Read quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
Because of it being a coupé the doors are longer, which in a tight parking space could be a problem getting in and out of your car. Try this:

when you get back to your car, pres the unload button repeatedly 3 (times I believe, I just press it like I'm mad because of that idiot parking too close :P ) and then in the next 2 seconds you have to open the door. What will happen then is exactly what you describe, the window will go down halfway, allowing you to kind of open your door less and lean over the window while getting in.

Now, if this is happening when you're getting out of your car rather instead of while entering, I have to ask you if you've folded your mirrors in. That could be a combined function that whenever you fold your mirrors in it assumes that you're in a tight parking space and then winds your window down as well (have no idea).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #25
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Yes, I have navigation. But only recently did I insert the DVD in the dash mounted DVD player. But this noise has been coming from the time I picked up the car. It sounds like a CD changer ... sounds like something is constantly adjusting itself ... it can be even heard from outside the car. I might go in and have it checked out.

Voltigeur: Hope you get to own and enjoy this car one day ... it is simply awesome ... a car for every mood.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #26
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Why do people not read my posts?

The window is suppose to go down when pressed twice or something.
Read quote below.
Quote:
when you get back to your car, pres the unload button repeatedly 3 (times I believe, I just press it like I'm mad because of that idiot parking too close :P ) and then in the next 2 seconds you have to open the door. What will happen then is exactly what you describe, the window will go down halfway, allowing you to kind of open your door less and lean over the window while getting in.
Look, read your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Think it's called Comfort Open of the Central Locking. If you press the open button twice the window goes down halfway (doesn't need to be within 2 seconds). Can be deactivated in the referring IDrive menu, though.
Cool that you read mine, too...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #27
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Yes, I have navigation. But only recently did I insert the DVD in the dash mounted DVD player. But this noise has been coming from the time I picked up the car. It sounds like a CD changer ... sounds like something is constantly adjusting itself ... it can be even heard from outside the car. I might go in and have it checked out.
I think I know what you're talking about now. My car does it right when I turn the key so it powers up the accessories, but I have to be outside the car to hear it. My parents' range rovers do it too, but a whole lot louder; you can hear it inside the car without listening for it. I have no clue what it is, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 03:47 AM   #28
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Look, read your post:

Cool that you read mine, too...

Best regards, south
I did read yours as well
I explained that (although with a couple of faulty errors) in the third post and the like 15 posts afterwards they where still discussing it! Just started to feel ignored haha.

But thanks South! You actually explained this to me fully! Mind explaining the tire-pressure function as well since I really don't understand it? haha

I know it's suppose to be important, because right beside the centrallocking button there's a quickbutton for it.

What I do is that I go into I-Drive, settings, wheel and tires(or what it's called) and it says I have to be stationary with the ignition on. I stop for a moment, and choice confirm it does something but doesn't give me a confirmation message that the pressure is fine. It says status active as well. Is it just like a function that can be activated/deactivated and should only be a warning system? My dealer said something about checking it frequently when I picked my baby up.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 05:10 AM   #29
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I think I know what you're talking about now. My car does it right when I turn the key so it powers up the accessories, but I have to be outside the car to hear it. My parents' range rovers do it too, but a whole lot louder; you can hear it inside the car without listening for it. I have no clue what it is, though.
Thanks for the info. Will try and figure out and let you know too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #30
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Mind explaining the tire-pressure function as well since I really don't understand it? haha

I know it's suppose to be important, because right beside the centrallocking button there's a quickbutton for it.

What I do is that I go into I-Drive, settings, wheel and tires(or what it's called) and it says I have to be stationary with the ignition on. I stop for a moment, and choice confirm it does something but doesn't give me a confirmation message that the pressure is fine. It says status active as well. Is it just like a function that can be activated/deactivated and should only be a warning system? My dealer said something about checking it frequently when I picked my baby up.
The button is only to (re-)calibrate the system. You don't have to press it to check the tire pressure, it's doing that automatically and tells you when an fall of pressure occures. So the button is only needed after tire change (dealer should do that for you) or if you're changing pressure. Said your dealer you should check the pressure manually? Maybe he thinks that one shouldn't completely rely on such a system (seems to make sense, just read the PDC thread).

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #31
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Tire pressures

Quote:
The button is only to (re-)calibrate the system. Said your dealer you should check the pressure manually? Maybe he thinks that one shouldn't completely rely on such a system (seems to make sense, just read the PDC thread).
Yes, pressures should be checked manually every couple months, at least. I don't know the exact specs of the TPM system, but it takes a fall of several pounds in one tire before it will give a warning. I try to keep my tires within a pound or two of my desired settings. The Winter colder weather we have here in much of the Northern hemisphere now requires readjusting pressures by itself.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #32
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I took a closer look last evening and figures out it happens only when you initially start the car ... it is like a check test ... or something loading. Given the car has a lot of presets programmed to the key, I think it is simly adjusting those settings as per key memory. That's the only thing I can think of.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

After reading a couple of more posts and have taken a look (out of maaany maaany haha) under my hood, I started to think it's the engine fan that might have a fen (?) in the wrong angle. Thought about that? If you open up the hood you should hear it loudly from the front of the car.
Appreciate 0