BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

pure speculation into the future.. a year from now

08s are becoming REALLY hard to find. Dealers are telling me that they'd give me a "killer" deal on convertibles, but I am not feeling convt's that much (no pun intended, just not my preference at the moment).
So fast forward to a year later, do you guys think (I am hoping we have some people who work at BMW dealers here on the forum) similar deal would exist for 09s a year from now?
This is just like predicting the stock market.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

Doubtful. BMW is not sending over as many 09s as 08s. I am sure there will probably be some left over verts that you can get a good deal on, but I woudl guess that most 09 sedan and coupes will be gone before Jan 1.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
^ Yep.

I doubt we will see many 09s on lots. Do a search on autotrader/local dealer for new 09s and there arent many. At least not by me.

Dealers are just not ordering them. Lesson learned i suppose.
      03-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
^ Yep.

I doubt we will see many 09s on lots. Do a search on autotrader/local dealer for new 09s and there arent many. At least not by me.

+1 ... note that the great deals were (and are) on 6MT cars sitting in lots for quite a while (6-8 months ... up to initial launch cars). Most cars that had the DCT .. were not around for too long ... DCT sedans sold out by end of Sept '08. Also inventory backed up mid last year when gas prices skyrocketed with oil speculation ($150+/barrel). Combined with the collapse of credit later in the year and into this year ... we had a kind of "perfect storm" creating some excellent lease and now purchase rates.

First ... I doubt BMW is making as many //Ms ... and second (already mentioned) dealers are not stocking them up ... and if they do they will very likely be DCTs (which opens up the car to wider variety of the population ... giving less reason to heavily discount).

That being said .. the //Ms are now open to ED discount .. so it's still a great .. great deal .. if you can snag one for $500 over ED invoice. Other than my e90+DCT preference ... the ED fantasy of an //M in Europe ... is another reason holding me back from jumping on these insane deals
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
nonsns3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Type R, Wrangler

M3-DCT, Oh man, I am in the same exact position. Trying to negotiate 08s but if you say 09s are open to ED discounts, that might change things... See you on the Autobahn. Maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

yea autobahn will be sweet especially with an m3. last time i was driving on autobahn, i saw a cop and as a habit, i stepped on brakes in the fast lane and the car behind me started honking and high-beaming me all with the cop right next to me!
we need our own autobahn here in the US...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsns3 View Post
M3-DCT, Oh man, I am in the same exact position. Trying to negotiate 08s but if you say 09s are open to ED discounts, that might change things... See you on the Autobahn. Maybe.
Yes .. my friend .. the //Ms are finally open to Euro discounts ... .... do a search on the forum on you'll find out the based ED invoice prices for the cars. The wholesale euro invoice on the e90 //M3 is $46,930 ... so add ED invoice + invoice on options + 1300 GGT + 825 destination + dealer profit .. and yes you are good to go.

Here's a simple piece of advice. Look for a good low mileage <100 (non-dealer demo) .. new '08 (you will prob. only find manuals .. so if that's what you are looking for ... cool) ... else ... '09 with an ED is the way to go ... furthermore ... unless you get 15K+ off ... then again I'd say screw it .. go ED!

Autobahn .. nope not till at least 500 miles on the odo (since if you think you can keep it within 105 mph you are kidding yourself) ... so if and when I grab an //M ... I'm heading straight for the austrian alpenstrasse ... and top it off with a run up stelvio pass ... and then slice up the bahn!!! Well .. unfortunately financial priorities aren't going to let me get into an //M this year (2 kids) .. so .. it's still only a "reachable" dream.

... enjoy .. and make sure you share your excitement with the forum ... !
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
tim3less
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
^ Yep.

My friend has a friend who is a GM of a local BMW dealer and he said that they just ordered 6 or 7 more M3s. many people around buying m3s where i live...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpark22 View Post
My friend has a friend who is a GM of a local BMW dealer and he said that they just ordered 6 or 7 more M3s. many people around buying m3s where i live...
Sorry, i mean to say dealers arent ordering them to have them in their stock inventory.

Of course they will custom order any car if someone wants it.

Build on demand is the way to go for now.
      03-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #10
dizman7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3 Cabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim View Post
08s are becoming REALLY hard to find. Dealers are telling me that they'd give me a "killer" deal on convertibles, but I am not feeling convt's that much (no pun intended, just not my preference at the moment).
So fast forward to a year later, do you guys think (I am hoping we have some people who work at BMW dealers here on the forum) similar deal would exist for 09s a year from now?
This is just like predicting the stock market.
I was looking on autotrader the other day and there was a dealer some where in California (really narrows it down I know) that had 11 M3s and 7 of those were 2008 convertibles! The dealer here in the Des Moines has 4 2008 M3's left as well (two converts, 1 sedan, 1 coupe). I believe I saw some where last week that there are still 258 2008 M3's left in the US.

So there's still quite a few left, and I know the delaer here isn't ordering any 09's till it gets rid the 08's. I should say, they aren't ordering any 09's to sit on the lot, I'm sure they still order them if someone wanted an 09 from the factory.
      03-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #11
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

i just see more M's every day here in miami...
Appreciate 0