BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

BPM

09-16-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

FS 08 S65 with 6MT- rod bearings and bolts replaced

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 15,000.00

Item Interest
FS: 2008 E90 M3 S65 V8 with stock flywheel and 6MT. Under 50k miles on this motor (I forget the exact mileage when i bought it- IIRC 43k miles. Has been in my race car and I have probably put 1k miles on it). Rod bearings replaced with stock bearings with WPC treatment. Rod bolts replaced with ARP bolts. PS system removed.

Also include is the Epic Motorsports modification of the in car wiring harness and reprogramming of stock ECU to get it to run outside an E9x chassis. Dyno'd at 386 RWHP. Needs final tune as it runs a bit rich. Tuned for 93 octane pump gas (not race gas). I have been religious is turning motor over until pressure on mechanical gauge comes up before turning fuel pump on and starting motor to ensure pressure at rod bearings on startup. Includes Epic Motorsports ECI cable to read ECU fault codes. Includes Bimmerworld oil dipstick retrofit, but do have issues with oil coming out (fixed with a bit of racer tape).

Shipping extra...will need to go on a pallet.

Motor still in race car and located near Tyler, Texas (2 hours east of Dallas).

$15k.

Or buy the the whole E30 M3-ish race car for $32k.

I say M3-ish as there is very little M3 left on the car. Let's not talk about the motor- it is what it is. If you don't like it and buy it, you can put whatever lump in there you want- they will ALL fit. Everything the has some semblance to a stock E30 M3 part has been modified. The only things remotely close to stock E30 M3 is the steering column (but the linkage to the rack is different), the rear subframe (but it has camber and toe adjusters welded on), the diff is still a 4.10 but has been rebuilt by diffsonline, and driveshaft (but it has been shortened)...the rest is from something else.

Right now, the car need some cosmetic attention. The wrap that was put on a few years ago needs to be removed. I was planning on removing it and painting it this off season. Right now the colors are Texas flag- Blue on rear half of car, bottom of front is red, top of front and part of roof is white.

Located about 2 hours east of Dallas.

Body

mostly fiberglass or CF. Bumper is FG E36 M3 replica- was cheap and I was going thru a few FiberArtz (and copy) pieces at a significant expense. Fenders and rockers are Competition Concepts CF- bought them used and it appears the previous owner had soemthing put over the CF and then painted black. I have to cut them back some for tire clearance and they have had some run ins with jacks so they need some attention to look pretty. Hood is FiberArtz with a Competition Concepts hood vent and a custom power dome to clear the intake plenum. Doors are FiberArtz. Rear quarters are from Mike Akard. Rear deck lid and rear bumper are both FiberArtz. Rear bumper is very thing and could stand to have some attention in certain areas. Rear decklid has some extra holes from a previous wing, but I have another unused decklid. Firewall modified to accept S54 without modifying the oil pan (have motor arms and headers to do this- will need to shorten a driveshaft if you put and S54 in). Firewall remodified and tranny tunnel modified to fit S65. Lexan rear quarter and rear windows.

Suspension/brakes/wheels/steering

Hanchey Vehicle Technology single adjustable semi active suspension. Front struts are E36 M3, rears are custom to E30 M3 length. Rear shock body is small enough that remote reservoir had to be installed to have enough fluid volume. Both fronts and rears can be easily upgraded to double or triple adjustable (or add remote reservoir for front). Controller allows driver to adjust fron and rear shock compression. It also allows for the shock behavior to change depending on dynamic condition of the car (pitch and roll)- in other words, the shocks behavior will be different depending on if you are on a straight, in a braking zone or in a corner. Camber plates are modified Vorshlag plates. I will replace the plate and the bearing as the last shop that adjusted the camber crossthreaded a number of bolts (don't ask- so changing camber isn't a fun task). Springs are 800 all around. I have another set of softer springs- I forget the rates off the top of my head. Front brakes are Massive AP Racing kit (though about PFC but the consumable costs for the APs were half the PFCs. As stated before the rear subframe has toe and camber adjustment built in. It is the newer serrated type adjuster so an eccentric slipping out of adjustment will not happen. I changed camber at Road Atlanta this weekend on one tire and it wasn't that difficult- but you shouldn't have to really ever do this. Rear brakes are stock Z3 M coupe. Pads are PFC 01 all around. Car has a Tilton pedal box with triple masters. There is a balance bar but it is difficult to adjust and the remote cables will not work. Will include one set of ARC-8 wheels 17x9 ET 41 with a set of 8 heat cycle Hoosier S100 slicks (we brand new last Friday). Brake duct backing plates- getting air from NACA ducts mounted to bottom of splitter (plywood, needs upgrading to better material- just haven't done it yet as I have been dealing with bumpers and didn't want to fab a metal splitter until the bumper issue was sorted). Have a stock front sway bar (not mounted at this time), no rear sway bar. Steering rack is Z3 1.9.

Safety

6 point cage with 1.5x.120 Chromolly cage. 2 bars out to front shock towers (thru firewall). Front shock towers doubled up with a “hat” to prevent shock tower from mushrooming. Cage tied to A and B pillars. Picks up rear subframe mounting points

BMW CCA Club Racing log book

Racetech 4009 WTHR seat (not FIA rated- has IO Port Racing seat back brace)

Scroth belts (expire end of 2016)

Scroth center net (expire within a year)

Window net (expires within a year)

SPA fire system (just recharged this year IIRC)

Coolshirt system (helmet blower and water circulator)- have a intercooler to cool the helmet air. Cooler mounted where passenger seat is. If you want a passenger you'll need to take the mount out and adda seat and belts

ATL fuel cell- cert expires early next year. To race it HAS to be replaced. It is an 18 gallon custom sized cell. For DE, you could leave it as is. Has a fuel level gauge, but is a resistance type probe and it is not accurate. When I replace the cell I was going to get the float type sender. The mounting for the cell can be improved, but the mounting for the wing needs to be addressed at same time. The cell HAS to be dropped out the bottom the way the wing is mounted.

Lonacre convex mirror. Have also replaced the glass in both side mirrors with convex (out of necessity as the stock glass fell out- mounting is inelegant (zip ties) but works. Also have 2 other convex spot mirrors mounted to cage on A pillar.

Driveline

2 setrab oil coolers

1 triple pass roundy round all aluminum radiator (integrated overflow design)

aftermarket fuel pump, SX performance (now Edelbrock) fuel filter, Edelbrock adjustable FPR

4.10 diffsonline diff- don't know the specs as I bought it used.

Misc

Odysssey P680 battery

mechanical oil pressure gauge

Moroso switches with resetable breakers

electric master cut off switch

Electronics

AiM Sports MXG (color) dash with GPS. Has multiple sensors (oil temp in and out of oil coolers, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, steering angle (but having issues with that at present), tranny temp, front and rear brake pressures. Includes 2 harness which gives additional options (more channel inputs, 2nd CAN input, etc).

Smarty Cam HD GP- data overlay from dash

Mercedes A class PS pump

E46 M3 CSL ABS system (pump mounted behind driver headlight)- includes pressure sensors, and yaw sensor- works fantastic. Can be reprogrammed to race ABS. Have emulator that can send signals to AiM dash (including error code to pop up on dash when/if ABS in fail mode)

Laptop that has BMW INPA on it to read ABS fault codes

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
magnetic1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pair E46M3 and F80

level of want is high....
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

I'll take the chassis electronics, DME, CAS and key and sell the motor and tranny for $12.5k.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:03 AM   #4
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuffs
I'll take the chassis electronics, DME, CAS and key and sell the motor and tranny for $12.5k.
That's a very fair price - good luck with your sale.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0