BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

08-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
m3jdlorl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Comp Package

Are Autocarbon side grilles low quality?

Bought a pair of CF side grilles from Bimmian. Had them maybe a month and I see the passenger side grille is hanging this a.m. Checked all of the tabs and they are fine. It will not stay in. I reinstalled the OEM grilles and they fit fine. No prob. I had a set of the CF front grilles on my old M5 which had some major quality issues. I am starting to think that perhaps they just don't make high quality stuff. Am I the only one?

I was contemplating just buying matte black since I have a space grey E93. Then I thought about having them wrapped when I do the black out on my Vert ugly silver trim so they match. Anyone had their side grilles wrapped?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

I have a SG Vert. Just do matte black sidegrills from Mod Bargains or EAS. Definitely do the chrome trim wrap. Its the tits. I get more compliments on that than anything.
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
cpdp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiciliano
I have a SG Vert. Just do matte black sidegrills from Mod Bargains or EAS. Definitely do the chrome trim wrap. Its the tits. I get more compliments on that than anything.
pic?
Appreciate 0