BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-15-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Newbie questions from jdm to euro kinda??

Hey guys well im new to the community and plan on purchasing a 2009 m3 within a week or two. I have some questions you guys might be able to answer. First of all im kinda bored of driving my truck as a daily driver so i want a fast, fun , and reliable dd thats why im looking into a used m3. My evo has been built for the track so its uncomfortable as a mofo on the streets so its rarely driven . My main questions for you guys are these.

1- What is the m3 in the real world for DD, i plan on getting a 6 speed cause i cant stand the automated manuals. Hows the clutch pedal feel, suspension feel etc?

2- What defects are most common on this car, what should i look for when buying a used m3?

3- Is 50 grand too much for a 2009 m3 sedan with 20000 miles with navigation?

4- Does the car have hill start assist? Just wondering it makes things easier for dd.

Cheers,

Polo

Last edited by track_warrior; 10-15-2010 at 03:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bump, anyone??
      10-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep

76 views and no answer ? im buying the car next week and need some input guys? come on. I need to know what to look for in the car etc.
      10-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e90

bumping you up op. I have a DCT so I'll try to help as much as I can.

1. Clutch is lighter and not as stiff as other cars from what I've read. Suspension is the same for all M3s. Just look up youtube reviews from Top Gear/Fifth Gear for an overview of that.

2. Don't know since I'm buying new.

3. You can get lower mileage cars for 50k. Check this thread for pricing http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346708

4. DCT on my M3 does and SMG on our M6 has a hill stop feature. I'm not sure about the 6-speed though.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
bumping you up op. I have a DCT so I'll try to help as much as I can.

1. Clutch is lighter and not as stiff as other cars from what I've read. Suspension is the same for all M3s. Just look up youtube reviews from Top Gear/Fifth Gear for an overview of that.

2. Don't know since I'm buying new.

3. You can get lower mileage cars for 50k. Check this thread for pricing http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346708

4. DCT on my M3 does and SMG on our M6 has a hill stop feature. I'm not sure about the 6-speed though.
Thanks for the input, hopefully someone chimes in on the defects to look for. Im getting the car inspected by the dealership though but still i want to know what should i be looking for.
      10-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just payed it off today, im picking her up tomorrow after a third party does an inspection on her. 2009 Alpine White E90 M3 with black leather interior with carbon fiber trim + nav
      10-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e90

Congrats! Enjoy!

Appreciate 0