BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

It doesn't sound good IMO. It's pretty though. But no one ever sees it. Not worth it to me at all.
      03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #24
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Titanium is so yesteryears ago. Inconel is what you want!

BMW MPE(///M Performance Exhaust)

THE FACTS:
-Extremely heat-resistant
-Lightweight chrome-nickel alloy Inconel® construction.
-HUGE weight reduction of 40%, or about 20 lbs. compared to the stock exhaust.
-Inconel is very corrosion resistant
-Developed using FEM technology ensuring perfect fit and OEM quality.
-$3,200 is a great buy for the quality of the system

THE OPINIONS
-The sound is subjective and you either love it or you don't. Personally, I love the hollow, resonating sound this exhaust produces, because of the much thinner material thickness, you will not get with other systems. It's unique and your V8 won't sound like every other American muscle car out there.
-The appearance is also subjective, but I do like the perforated inner tubing with the polished outter with the engrqaved M logo. It looks like it belongs on the car and less "aftermarket-ish" IMO.
-For me it was important to have an exhaust I could live with on a daily basis. For commutes, long trips, round town, in my neighborhood, etc. Drone was absolutely unacceptable. I wanted an exhaust that would compliment the awesome induction sound of this car without overpowering it.

*Like some have already mentioned, you have to decide what your goal is. What sound, what mid-pipe are you planning to run(it will change the sound of the muffler and make you hate certain exhausts you would have normally liked), weight reduction, what style tips, cost, etc....
      03-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #25
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post

THE FACTS:
-Lightweight chrome-nickel alloy Inconel® construction.

THE OPINIONS
-The sound is subjective and you either love it or you don't. Personally, I love the hollow, resonating sound this exhaust produces, because of the much thinner material thickness, you will not get with other systems. It's unique and your V8 won't sound like every other American muscle car out there.
-The appearance is also subjective, but I do like the perforated inner tubing with the polished outter with the engrqaved M logo. It looks like it belongs on the car and less "aftermarket-ish" IMO.
-For me it was important to have an exhaust I could live with on a daily basis. For commutes, long trips, round town, in my neighborhood, etc. Drone was absolutely unacceptable. I wanted an exhaust that would compliment the awesome induction sound of this car without overpowering it.

*Like some have already mentioned, you have to decide what your goal is. What sound, what mid-pipe are you planning to run(it will change the sound of the muffler and make you hate certain exhausts you would have normally liked), weight reduction, what style tips, cost, etc....
-___- First of all, this is just as expensive as the akra, and it's heavier. I fail to see how this is better value, aside from your personal opinion about sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
-___- First of all, this is just as expensive as the akra, and it's heavier. I fail to see how this is better value, aside from your personal opinion about sound.
Well, I when I was shopping for an exhaust I was able to get my MPE for $2800, FREE shipping and NO tax(dealership in TX). I couldn't come even close to that with the Akra but it didn't matter I preferred the sound on the MPE. It is slightly heavier than the Akra because the exhaust is a bit larger on the MPE and the Akra uses a 2 can design but the price for the slip on axle back was $1,000 less with the MPE when I was cross shopping. So I guess what one considers a "better value" is relative.
      03-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #27
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Another way to look at it -- it's ~$2k more than many alternative full exhaust options. If you find the akra's characteristics ideal, which I do without exception, that extra $2k doesn't seem too crazy. Especially if you'd spend the $4k and feel like you compromised, or didn't achieve the ideal when it comes to looks, and/or weight reduction, daily drivability, fitment, sound, strength, etc.

Isolate the $6k figure, then yeah, I agree it seems a bit much.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #28
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

You can get it for a lot less than $6,000, but it's still more than any other stainless steel exhaust.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #29
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Another way to look at it -- it's ~$2k more than many alternative full exhaust options. If you find the akra's characteristics ideal, which I do without exception, that extra $2k doesn't seem too crazy. Especially if you'd spend the $4k and feel like you compromised, or didn't achieve the ideal when it comes to looks, and/or weight reduction, daily drivability, fitment, sound, strength, etc.

Isolate the $6k figure, then yeah, I agree it seems a bit much.
good breakdown of the logic

Another financial perspective is that the system holds it's value more than any other system. With resale numbers being high and the market for used systems so strong, the depreciated cost of the unit over the time of ownership is lower than other systems. This in fact lowers cost of ownership, essentially mitigating some up of the up front cost
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #30
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
I love it especially paired with my ESS supercharger. Perfect amount of bass!!!
Booo!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 05:07 AM   #31
Titan_br
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 with AA Stage 3 SC

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I love it with my AA Supercharge Stage 3.

It has a nice sound and it is not too loud when running slowly.
On track, everybody loves the sound, mainly when I shift down.

Check this video to hear the sound from inside.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #32
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Talking Do I like it?

Freakin' love it!
Freshly off the camera just now

03-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #33
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
No, I don't think it's worth it for the whole system. The Akra Evo is pretty tame in terms of sound and I can't justify the money for weight savings on the X-Pipe. That's why I ended up just getting the rear section and a catless X-Pipe of my choice. Got the sound, look and power I was after with saving a lot of money. I couldn't be happier.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #34
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

By-pass the EVO and get the full GT4 Akra set up

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #35
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
By-pass the EVO and get the full GT4 Akra set up
+1 on this! The straight mid pipe is awesome! You can actually pair that with any rear section you want depending on the sound that you are after. I ran the eisenmann inconel rear section and the two together sounded like pure race car! Love it!

Best of luck!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #36
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you

THE FACTS:
-Lightweight chrome-nickel alloy Inconel construction.

THE OPINIONS

I like inconel but the main benefit heat-resistance, which is why it is used in many Porsches (or mid-engine cars) because most of the exhaust is next to the motor. In our M3's, besides the headers, no part of the exhaust system is near a heat source and therefore inconel provides no benefits, and is much heavier than titanium.

No exhaust is the "best" to everyone, that's why it's nice to have so many choices with our car, which sounds great with so many exhaust combinations.

I just love hearing M3's come down the straight of any track WOT. At spring mountain I just chilled on the overpass over the long straight and listened to all the cars drive by. While I personally like the louder/higher pitch produced by a fully catless (unraspy) system, and there was a m3 with an Akra Evo. The sound it produced is very unique at high rpms....much more bass than any other exhaust I could actually "feel" it as it wizzed by.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0