BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
M3ree
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Gruppe M intake + exhaust

Does any1 know from first hand experience how these two combine? sound and performance? specifically with an akrapovic/tubi/eisenmann race exhaust... thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

I have the GruppeM intake, as well as the Tubi Rumore exhaust. WOT sounds ridiculous from the intake, although performance gains are fairly minimal. Some people have reported 10hp increases, and others 2hp, so it is more for looks under hood and sound.

I love the exhaust, as it sounds exotic and unique to the car. I'd say more like a Maserati GT than a Mustang. Plus, it's made across the street from the Ferrari factory, so I was sold.
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunae92 View Post
I have the GruppeM intake, as well as the Tubi Rumore exhaust. WOT sounds ridiculous from the intake, although performance gains are fairly minimal. Some people have reported 10hp increases, and others 2hp, so it is more for looks under hood and sound.

I love the exhaust, as it sounds exotic and unique to the car. I'd say more like a Maserati GT than a Mustang. Plus, it's made across the street from the Ferrari factory, so I was sold.
Where and how much was the exhaust if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
DylanMckay
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Gruppe M or any intake for that matter does not add any sound on this car. It is the high-flow cone filter that gives you extra sound, which you can do with the stock box. The OEM box is already opened through the top of the hood and thus lets all the intake sound out through there, making it quite aggressive! Also the OEM filter size is already HUGE and with a oiled free flow filter you will have all the benefits of any aftermarket intake.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYON View Post
Where and how much was the exhaust if you don't mind me asking?
You can get the from a number of vendors. Around $3K
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

We are a dealer for Tubi. If you need any pricing shoot me a email and I will take care of it

Andrew@IND
info@ind-distribution.com