BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
View Poll Results: Where do you get your news?
CNN 49 35.00%
BBC 42 30.00%
Le Monde Diplomatique 2 1.43%
Los Angeles Times 7 5.00%
New York Times 21 15.00%
Reuters 27 19.29%
Salon.com 5 3.57%
The Washington Post 14 10.00%
Slate Magazine 4 2.86%
World Press Review 3 2.14%
Alter.Net 2 1.43%
Wall Street Journal 28 20.00%
Barron's 4 2.86%
Al Jazeera 10 7.14%
Truthout 3 2.14%
The Nation 3 2.14%
Free Speech TV 2 1.43%
Project Censored 2 1.43%
Media Matters 2 1.43%
The Daily Howler 2 1.43%
Adbusters 2 1.43%
Center for Media and Democracy's PR Watch 2 1.43%
Fox News 57 40.71%
MSNBC 14 10.00%
Local News 23 16.43%
NPR 19 13.57%
PBS News Hour 8 5.71%
Institute for Public Accuracy 2 1.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #111
other_evolved
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acertx View Post
Breitbart, and I cruise just about every major source there is depending on my level of boredom. Smaller blogs are Thisainthell which is fantastic for busting military phonies, theconversativetreehouse since it is excellent at doing research, and duffel blog is great for humor.

CNN is a joke, Al-Jazeera is HUGE Muslim propaganda, MSNBC is HUGE liberal propaganda, and Fox News is middle of the road as far as bias. I find it funny that people consider Fox News biased, because they obviously didn't read it from the beginning since it has done a massive run to the left compared to when it started.

Dailymail.co.uk is also good for showing pictures that the MSM tries to coverup. They are pretty left leaning though being from the UK.
Eh....Breitbart is about the worst of them all as far as bias goes. They operate on the "broken clock is right twice per day" principal.
__________________
Present
2011 BMW 335d - Deep Sea Blue Metallic

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #112
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
A lot more Fox News than I think I anticipated
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
The fact that Faux News is number one is both scary and sad.
I don't know if the higher than expected quantity of Fox News viewers is as disturbing to me as is the lower than expected quantity of viewers of news programs like the PBS News Hour that provide more comprehensive discussions of the stories they cover.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #113
Dalko43
Captain
95
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I don't know if the higher than expected quantity of Fox News viewers is as disturbing to me as is the lower than expected quantity of viewers of news programs like the PBS News Hour that provide more comprehensive discussions of the stories they cover.

All the best.
PBS Newshour, Frontline, and NPR, while they have some half-decent reporting, are definitely more biased towards one political party than the other.

Wasn't it Juan Williams who said the 'hypocrisy of the right is nothing compared to that of the journalists at NPR.' Paraphrasing, but that was the general idea he was expressing.

Also, I think people who criticize Fox news as biased, confuse editorial pieces (O'reilly Factor, Kelly Files, ect.) with their actual news service. Fox News does have a News program that reports contemporary news and is separate from the editorial programs. Not that I really watch Fox (or any news networks) that often, but it is worth pointing that out.

MSNBC, for example, though it has some news reporting, consists almost entirely of editorial programs (Chris Matthews, Maddow, Chris Hayes, ect.). And ABC, NBC, CBS have their own versions. So why Fox gets singled out for this, boggles my mind.

I guess certain political die-hards need a rallying cry.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 01:48 AM   #114
BAMFM3
Private First Class
BAMFM3's Avatar
17
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: 2013 MW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (3)

I'm too lazy to read all 6 pages, so I don't know if this has been covered already but...why isn't Facebook an option on here for news? Lol
__________________
///M Power!
13 Mineral White Metallic E92 M3 DCT
11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 6MT (Sold)
12 Glacier White Metallic B8 S4 DSG (Sold)
09 Jet Black E92 M3 DCT (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #115
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFM3 View Post
I'm too lazy to read all 6 pages, so I don't know if this has been covered already but...why isn't Facebook an option on here for news? Lol
Nobody asked that before that I can recall, but as I opened this thread I'll answer. Facebook isn't listed because I don't and didn't consider including it. Additionally, I didn't and don't care if Facebook is where one gets what one thinks of as news. Lastly, I don't look at my own Facebook account but once or twice a year and I don't even know what one might find there that can be considered news.

In my own experience, the "news" that I've found on Facebook is people whom I know telling me about stuff they did. Among the folks with whom I'm close enough to care about what they are doing, I don't need Facebook to know about it. The telephone is sufficient. LOL

Is Facebook news organized in some rational way? Is the content the sort of thing one might want when seeking facts about all manners of topics? (Please, don't "creatively" read my questions.)

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 02:13 AM   #116
BAMFM3
Private First Class
BAMFM3's Avatar
17
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: 2013 MW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Nobody asked that before that I can recall, but as I opened this thread I'll answer. Facebook isn't listed because I don't and didn't consider including it. Additionally, I didn't and don't care if Facebook is where one gets what one thinks of as news. Lastly, I don't look at my own Facebook account but once or twice a year and I don't even know what one might find there that can be considered news.

In my own experience, the "news" that I've found on Facebook is people whom I know telling me about stuff they did. Among the folks with whom I'm close enough to care about what they are doing, I don't need Facebook to know about it. The telephone is sufficient. LOL

Is Facebook news organized in some rational way? Is the content the sort of thing one might want when seeking facts about all manners of topics? (Please, don't "creatively" read my questions.)

All the best.
I was being sarcastic...however, Facebook actually does sometimes provide the news, in that, I share common interests with friends and they tend to post stuff that am interested in...does that count?

Also, I voted CNN and Fox News, if it matters
__________________
///M Power!
13 Mineral White Metallic E92 M3 DCT
11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 6MT (Sold)
12 Glacier White Metallic B8 S4 DSG (Sold)
09 Jet Black E92 M3 DCT (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #117
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFM3 View Post
I was being sarcastic...however, Facebook actually does sometimes provide the news, in that, I share common interests with friends and they tend to post stuff that am interested in...does that count?

Also, I voted CNN and Fox News, if it matters
My mistake. I see the wink, but at the time, it didn't register. Sorry.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #118
1MOREMOD
2016 Track Days - 0| Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
1379
Rep
15,936
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Tabloids at grocery check out.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #119
BAMFM3
Private First Class
BAMFM3's Avatar
17
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: 2013 MW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
My mistake. I see the wink, but at the time, it didn't register. Sorry.

All the best.
Haha no worries. I just didn't want to be THAT kind of contribution to society.
__________________
///M Power!
13 Mineral White Metallic E92 M3 DCT
11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 6MT (Sold)
12 Glacier White Metallic B8 S4 DSG (Sold)
09 Jet Black E92 M3 DCT (Sold)
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #120
tcpsoft
Private First Class
23
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Nobody asked that before that I can recall, but as I opened this thread I'll answer. Facebook isn't listed because I don't and didn't consider including it. Additionally, I didn't and don't care if Facebook is where one gets what one thinks of as news.
Haha, this is the best ever. I'm starting a new poll.
------
What color F8x looks best?

- Black Sapphire Metallic

Thank you for your participation.
-------

In other news, a recent survey shows 100% of respondents prefer BSM over any other BMW color.

Interesting that this topic came up. I work with quite a few millennials and a few were talking a couple of weeks ago about society and people in general. Then, social media and Facebook came up and one guy said, "The only thing I use Facebook for any more is to get news." Love it or hate it, Facebook is an influencer and still has a huge loyal user base although the demographic of that may be changing.
__________________

2015 M3 DCT
2008 Lotus Exige S240 - too many mods to list (sold)
2007 Lotus Exige S (RIP)
2006 MINI Cooper S (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #121
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpsoft View Post
Haha, this is the best ever. I'm starting a new poll.
------
What color F8x looks best?

- Black Sapphire Metallic

Thank you for your participation.
-------

In other news, a recent survey shows 100% of respondents prefer BSM over any other BMW color.

Interesting that this topic came up. I work with quite a few millennials and a few were talking a couple of weeks ago about society and people in general. Then, social media and Facebook came up and one guy said, "The only thing I use Facebook for any more is to get news." Love it or hate it, Facebook is an influencer and still has a huge loyal user base although the demographic of that may be changing.
That information found on Facebook influences people doesn't bother me; all sorts of things can and do influence people. That the fellow considers that information to be "news" (of the sort this thread addresses -- that is "facts objectively and comprehensively presented") is what bothers me.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #122
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
382
Rep
5,748
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

I get my new mainly from ABC radio. I watch Fox News, but I'm never home to watch TV when the news portion of the programming is on during the day.

That said, it is a documented fact that somewhere around 90% of the media is Liberal, which means there is heavy potential for a liberal bias in the news that is reported regardless of source. But even in the beginnings of the USA the media was biased (pro revolution/pro English rule) and I think the media is not not supposed to be biased.

I watch Fox primarily because their news reporting is bent towards my conservative view of the world, which is people should take responsibility for their actions. But I've lost much respect for Fox News since the 2012 election cycle and Fox's persistence to use the Chevrolet Volt as a political football to discredit President O'Bama. Stuart Varney absolutely told untruths regarding the Volt's development and catching on fire. Varney tried to indicate the O'Bama Administration was the sole reason why Chevrolet developed and produced the Volt because O'Bama wanted a "green" car for the bailout money. Also, Varney then indicated the Volt was an engineered POS that routinely caught fire. This same theme was played on Fox on most programs for weeks and weeks during 2012. Anyone half well-read in the automotive industry knows GM started development of the Volt at least 4 years prior to the auto bailout in 2008 and 2009. And two Volts caught fire both only related to incorrect post-crash testing storage. I found it quite humorous when Fox eventually had to report Pres. George H.W. Bush (Bush 41) bought a Volt for one of his grandkids.

I routinely wrote e-mails at the time to Fox News to suggest they were either incompetent regarding reporting on automotive industry issues, or were manipulating the information for a biased reasons.

The news industry is biased; no new news there...
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #123
vsix
Major
vsix's Avatar
No_Country
166
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

T.M.Z
lol

I know
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #124
direwolfM3
Private
15
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 2008 e92 m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

twitter.

Seriously, best medium to get news through.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #125
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I get my new mainly from ABC radio. I watch Fox News, but I'm never home to watch TV when the news portion of the programming is on during the day.

That said, it is a documented fact that somewhere around 90% of the media is Liberal, which means there is heavy potential for a liberal bias in the news that is reported regardless of source. But even in the beginnings of the USA the media was biased (pro revolution/pro English rule) and I think the media is not not supposed to be biased.

I watch Fox primarily because their news reporting is bent towards my conservative view of the world, which is people should take responsibility for their actions. But I've lost much respect for Fox News since the 2012 election cycle and Fox's persistence to use the Chevrolet Volt as a political football to discredit President O'Bama. Stuart Varney absolutely told untruths regarding the Volt's development and catching on fire. Varney tried to indicate the O'Bama Administration was the sole reason why Chevrolet developed and produced the Volt because O'Bama wanted a "green" car for the bailout money. Also, Varney then indicated the Volt was an engineered POS that routinely caught fire.

This same theme was played on Fox on most programs for weeks and weeks during 2012. Anyone half well-read in the automotive industry knows GM started development of the Volt at least 4 years prior to the auto bailout in 2008 and 2009. And two Volts caught fire both only related to incorrect post-crash testing storage. I found it quite humorous when Fox eventually had to report Pres. George H.W. Bush (Bush 41) bought a Volt for one of his grandkids.

I routinely wrote e-mails at the time to Fox News to suggest they were either incompetent regarding reporting on automotive industry issues, or were manipulating the information for a biased reasons.

The news industry is biased; no new news there...

Green:
I agree. It shouldn't be. There's no good reason to be biased about the telling of facts, which intrinsically are not biased at all, when one claims to be a news/information delivery organization.

Red:
I think people should do the same. I've done it all my life, and so far I'm none the worse off for having done so.

I think many people share that basic philosophy, be they conservative, liberal, or neither. I happen to think of myself as "neither" because while I don't often have the opportunity to choose a "neither" candidate when I'm in the voting booth, I don't have an affinity for candidates of any political bent. For example, I'd have voted for Ron Paul over Obama, Clinton or Bush. I like enough of what I know about Jeb Bush and Martin O'Malley to think I prefer either of them over Clinton even though Ms. Clinton's becoming President, unlike Trump, won't disturb me.

[It doesn't even matter whether I concur with Trump's recently stated sentiments. As someone running for President, I think he could and should have found a less polarizing and more positive/neutral way to articulate those thoughts. I like the integrity of his having been candid, but in a President, candor needs to be presented in a positive/neutral way.]

As goes the principle of "owning one's good and bad acts," I find it unfortunate that so many folks focus on forcing others to do so rather than, when the person in question has erred. I'm more into fixing the problem than I am in figuring out who's to blame when it comes to policy matters. If there's agreement that a mistake was made, then let's effect a correction before we point the finger of blame because I think the correction is more important than the punishment.

I find it to be a dereliction of duty that elected officials manage the political environment with greed, power-hunger, and "I told you so" hubris as their driving principles. The truth is that as a citizen, I don't really care who's to blame for the vast majority of policy mistakes. I don't benefit very much from whatever penalty is imposed on the person at fault. I benefit a lot if the mistake gets corrected or actions are taken to stop the same problem from happening again. Once that's done, go find someone to blame. I believe in putting out the fire before worrying about who started it.

Mind you, I'm not talking about things like Obamacare where it's just a matter that some people think it's a good thing and others think it's a problem, but either way, time will tell and we'll all learn from what it does tell. I am talking about things like the 2008 financial meltdown for which I think from 2013 on was the time to identify and punish the people -- both private and public sector -- who caused that calamity. Then again, I'd have just let AIG fail (because that's my idea of making someone take responsibility for their own actions) and told the world, "Tough times are coming and we're just going to have to deal with it. The U.S. taxpayer is simply not going to bail out private businesses that as a result of their poor management choices have brought ruin upon themselves." I'd have done that rather than bail them out because bailing them out has basically signaled to every financial genius/innovator out there that if they can concoct some whacky scheme that makes them "too big to fail," the U.S. taxpayer will come to their rescue -- to the personal detriment of every one of those taxpayers -- and the huge fortunes they made in the process will not be lost.

[As you probably can tell, I have yet to stop being pissed off over that whole situation!]

Blue:
I don't know Mr. Varney. I do know there's no reason for him, or anyone else, to misrepresent -- directly or by omission and/or obfuscation -- the truth, no matter what the topic be.

Orange:
Kudos. I wish people would be so objective about more matters than just that one. Unfortunately, I think most folks aren't informed enough, and don't bother to become so, on most matters, the majority of which are very complex, more complex than is the Volt matter.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #126
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
382
Rep
5,748
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Green:
I agree. It shouldn't be. There's no good reason to be biased about the telling of facts, which intrinsically are not biased at all, when one claims to be a news/information delivery organization.

Red:
I think people should do the same. I've done it all my life, and so far I'm none the worse off for having done so.

I think many people share that basic philosophy, be they conservative, liberal, or neither. I happen to think of myself as "neither" because while I don't often have the opportunity to choose a "neither" candidate when I'm in the voting booth, I don't have an affinity for candidates of any political bent. For example, I'd have voted for Ron Paul over Obama, Clinton or Bush. I like enough of what I know about Jeb Bush and Martin O'Malley to think I prefer either of them over Clinton even though Ms. Clinton's becoming President, unlike Trump, won't disturb me.

[It doesn't even matter whether I concur with Trump's recently stated sentiments. As someone running for President, I think he could and should have found a less polarizing and more positive/neutral way to articulate those thoughts. I like the integrity of his having been candid, but in a President, candor needs to be presented in a positive/neutral way.]

As goes the principle of "owning one's good and bad acts," I find it unfortunate that so many folks focus on forcing others to do so rather than, when the person in question has erred. I'm more into fixing the problem than I am in figuring out who's to blame when it comes to policy matters. If there's agreement that a mistake was made, then let's effect a correction before we point the finger of blame because I think the correction is more important than the punishment.

I find it to be a dereliction of duty that elected officials manage the political environment with greed, power-hunger, and "I told you so" hubris as their driving principles. The truth is that as a citizen, I don't really care who's to blame for the vast majority of policy mistakes. I don't benefit very much from whatever penalty is imposed on the person at fault. I benefit a lot if the mistake gets corrected or actions are taken to stop the same problem from happening again. Once that's done, go find someone to blame. I believe in putting out the fire before worrying about who started it.

Mind you, I'm not talking about things like Obamacare where it's just a matter that some people think it's a good thing and others think it's a problem, but either way, time will tell and we'll all learn from what it does tell. I am talking about things like the 2008 financial meltdown for which I think from 2013 on was the time to identify and punish the people -- both private and public sector -- who caused that calamity. Then again, I'd have just let AIG fail (because that's my idea of making someone take responsibility for their own actions) and told the world, "Tough times are coming and we're just going to have to deal with it. The U.S. taxpayer is simply not going to bail out private businesses that as a result of their poor management choices have brought ruin upon themselves." I'd have done that rather than bail them out because bailing them out has basically signaled to every financial genius/innovator out there that if they can concoct some whacky scheme that makes them "too big to fail," the U.S. taxpayer will come to their rescue -- to the personal detriment of every one of those taxpayers -- and the huge fortunes they made in the process will not be lost.

[As you probably can tell, I have yet to stop being pissed off over that whole situation!]

Blue:
I don't know Mr. Varney. I do know there's no reason for him, or anyone else, to misrepresent -- directly or by omission and/or obfuscation -- the truth, no matter what the topic be.

Orange:
Kudos. I wish people would be so objective about more matters than just that one. Unfortunately, I think most folks aren't informed enough, and don't bother to become so, on most matters, the majority of which are very complex, more complex than is the Volt matter.

All the best.
Wow, Tony, I think we finally agree on something! I agree with you, while there is some truth to what Trump said, it came across as ignorant and uninformed, neither I think is the case with Trump. I do find his politic'n a bit refreshing. But considering the Liberal bias of the press, Trump will never get a chance to explain what he meant; just like Romney with his 47% comment. Romney was absolutely correct, and as a businessman he was correct to say it is a waste of money to spend time trying to convince the 47% of the potential voters to vote for him when they steadfastly wouldn't. He was merely communicating to the people he was asking to fund his campaign that his strategy was not to spend campaign funds on fruitless exercises.

I wonder if any liberal CNN news consumers ever e-mail CNN when they hear or see something being told as the truth isn't. I doubt it; and there is plenty of opportunity to do so.

What I find interesting is how zealous liberals get over Fox (Faux) News. It's like EVERYTHING Fox reports on is false - LOL. Apparently mirrors reflect only one way... Like all conservatives are racist, bigoted, homofobes (yes I spelled it incorrect since it is not a real word).

And lastly, when a liberal can convince me that providing free clean drug needles to drug addicts as a prevention to contract AIDS is taking responsibility for one's own actions, then I'll start listening.

Peace Brother.
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #127
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

This is why I don't watch Fox or MSNBC: http://aattp.org/politifact-study-fo...-news-network/ .
-- Fox lies 58% of the time
-- MSNBC lies 44% of the time
I don't really care that one is worse than the other. 44% of the time is just as bad as 58% of the time for what is supposed to be a news network.

For an itemized list of the misrepresentations, aka lies: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/ .

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #128
1MOREMOD
2016 Track Days - 0| Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
1379
Rep
15,936
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Sportscenter.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 08-18-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #129
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
596
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
...

And lastly, when a liberal can convince me that providing free clean drug needles to drug addicts as a prevention to contract AIDS is taking responsibility for one's own actions, then I'll start listening.

Peace Brother.
Off Topic:
Would anyone actually try to claim that providing anything for free to another person constitutes the recipient's taking responsibility for their own actions? I don't even think the recipient of the items would try to make that case.

I don't know what it is you would consider listening to, but if doing so is predicated on a cogent case for the cause and effect sequence you noted, you may as well say you won't ever listen to it.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #130
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
382
Rep
5,748
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Off Topic:
Would anyone actually try to claim that providing anything for free to another person constitutes the recipient's taking responsibility for their own actions? I don't even think the recipient of the items would try to make that case.

I don't know what it is you would consider listening to, but if doing so is predicated on a cogent case for the cause and effect sequence you noted, you may as well say you won't ever listen to it.

All the best.
Tony, you've missed the point, but being Liberal it is not surprising. The point is that the idea a giving a drug addict access to a clean needle (regardless if it is free of charge) as a way to prevent aids is asinine. The primary concern of an addict is to inject drugs into his body to get high; not to prevent contact with a distribution device may be contaminated with the AIDS virus. So the first time the addict can’t get a clean needle, he’ll use a dirty needle and the “free” part is moot. The concept of self-responsibility is if the drug addict does not want to contract AIDS then he should stop taking drugs. If he does contract AIDS and dies, then that is on him. Simple.

So when a liberal can take me down a different logic path than that above, I’ll start listening to one.

Peace.
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST