BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

M3 e92. My M3. What a dream....

M3 e 92….
What a fabolous dream…"for me"… A dream that took me for years. Many. And now I am driving her…It is a little bit strange. Today, first day of the new year I feel everything more clear in my earth. I got the car in mid-November…..I was unluky since I exported her in the Country where I have my business and they didn’t accept some documents issued by the original Country of provenience….I lost more than 20 days. I lost some hairs and some kg before to be able to show to those burocratic people, that the car was new and not stolen!!! I lost also after five years of dreams, waiting her, day by day…some of my enthusiasm…..Too involved in those problems without end...They simply didn't want to register the car. I putted her in a garage, abroad and not insured in any way. You can imagine.....
Finally I received the license plate….ten days ago....
I was able to drive her again….for some days, because an Hospital was planned in my next future
For a surgical operation….So as you can see my last 45 days were a little complicated
Last Saturday finally I was able to drive her again in Italy, where I live my dream….
But what is the M3 now for me? Which is the risk to have such a big dream coming or came true?
Today I needed sometime for me…Alone. No parents, girlfriend, friends….around me.No telephone. No stupid sms with always the same wishes, copied and every year
the same.... Only me and my car. I went on the mountains just around my city. Me and Her…I needed to establish a new
Feeling with her… Too much I was involved in this dream for years and expecially in the last months. I went to Ginevra in March to see her. I started to write in this Forum . I started to learn from other friends writing here many many things….I shared my passion as much as was possible. Some of you will remember probably my first visit and report from Garching when the car was notyet presented to the press. And so on… In other ways I putted many many of my psichical resources in this dream. Like most of you I am a dreamer…My first love were the planes. Then now that the aviation is my life, I needed to substitude the original dream with something else. In the last ten years this passion has a name : M3! But why I tell you all this things? I don’t want to take your time…I want only to post a different point of “view” of what could be an M3… I see many similar simpthoms in most of you, reading daily, your posts. I see that many of you are in the same condition I was…Simply captured and anxious about datas, price, delivery, costs, pics, stories ect. Only waiting for what that will be the final step of this beautiful and human adventure : to put your hands on Your Car!!!... This happened to me at the moment and to some other luky friends here in this Forum…. But what else happened? What are the risks when you will receive your toy???
Which will be the implications if you are too involved in this dream? I don’t know…What I know is what happened to me…. The tension accumulated expecially in the last months created a sort of dependance from the dream itself. When the dream was trasformed in reality…….I felt the missing of the dream!!!!incredible…I would say also stupid…because I had the dream in my garage. In my hands. In my life. It was true. I was driving her…but it was not enought….I still felt for many weeks that something in my life was now missing. My dream!!!!You are smiling ...I am sure.Do I need a doctor?
Someone very important, told in the past, that there is nothing more dangerous than a dream. Because you can loose it….!!!!And in some ways I lost it with the arrival of the dream itself ….
I know that this Forum is more tecnichal oriented and that a similar letter will be considered stupid or a not sense from someone. But I wanted to share my emotions.
Why today?
Because like probably for all the humans the end of the year is always a moment of recapitulation of all aspects of the personal life. I made my personal recapitulation too.I have sure more important aspects of my life that are not important to be told here….But regarding the M3, this dream, today I needed "a meeting" with her as told before…to understand if I upevaluated her
or not... if I still love her, now that she is in the meantime"responsible"of the lost of that good tension that I had for months before she arrived and that I am honest to say, helped me to live my life in the last period( I am not crazy…friends, only probably too sensitive). I had a meeting with her and I mean that I drove her for pleasure in a long trip. I had a videocamera. I had time. I was free and alone. Far from family. Far from the phone. I drove her and finally what I can say is…..what a car, my friends. What a dream
From today I accepted to have lost in my soul that dream, and to live the dream….in reality ....Funny, not??crazy too??
If there are some psycologists reading my letter….pls don’t smile too much. All the process is much more clear in my mind than in my letter written with the English that I am able to use, since it is not my mother language.
What is really important is that now I feel ok. I was worried to have lost the dream, simply because I needed to switch in my mind a special button..
I needed to definitively understand that what is in my garage is exactly what
kept my mind for so long. I needed to accept that it is really mine...and that
when I open the garage, I put the key inside the slot....I am not dreaming any
more...I am living the dream!!!!!...Living that special dream!!!!
And it was not easy to swicth on it. Because I had many obstacles that seemed to disconnet me from her. Imagine to have her in a garage at 900 km of distance (abroad)notyet insured and not licensed and after that you drove her only some days after her arrival. Very frustrating...I was also very worried.
Now that I have more than 5.000 km,I am out from the running period, with
no bugs, not any strange vibration, not a fault, not a anomalie, not anomal
consumption of oil , and now that really I tested her in the first day of the year in my preferred roads….I can say :"the dream is going on"and the problem was only a decrease of tension and probably the lost of that adrenalin accumulated in the last months.
Tanks for your patience…

Savage
(which will be now my next dream???)

( I uploaded a video on Youtube named "M3 e92 downhill fun", showing a part of my trip. It will be on air soon.
I bought a new videocamera...and I am not expert..So the quality is not the best. That film doesn't want to show anything more than my passion. Not my driving abilities. I was not racing. I made only one recording on that road and not many tests. I was not looking for the record time, since it was an open road!!So nothing special. Sure I will learn step by step to use better the car and the videocamera...In one pic you can see where I started to record that little film and the zig-zag road. In another pic you can see the camera system.)
Attached Images

Last edited by savage.ulm1; 01-02-2008 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

some technical and less personal thoughts:

No fading in 7-8 minutes at high speed downhill. The brake power was absolutely the same at the end of the film. No different pressure on the pedal.
The road was in some parts almost wet. No problems with traction during U turns. I used MDSC and I had only two oversteers. Max rpm in 2th gear 7.500. The 3th arrived at about 7.000 in some points since the road was narrow and with poor visibility because there were lots of turns. The average % of descend is more than 15% on that road. The understeer was never in evidence. The wheel is firm, and give you a nice feedback. You can do whatever you need and I didn't see any troubles in the feeling.
Last thing.....put the full power on the second or third gear going down very fast in a narrow road and see the speed increasing so fast just before the next turn, or U turn, and you will love this car and her reactions forever!!!
In two times from 3th to 2th I have seen the blocking of both the rear wheels for a fraction of a second. Somethime I would say you could use this reaction
of your back to enter better in a turn...But this is another story....
bye bye now
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Your passion and enthusiasm comes through so well Salvage. For that I thank you for posting in this forum. Sounds like you have had about an as eventful 2007 as I have....

Enjoy this most amazing car, keep posting and keep going - Life is what YOU make it!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Thanks for the write-up... I share your passions
      01-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Love your posts Savage. Keep them coming. I can relate to part of that tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
...The tension accumulated expecially in the last months created a sort of dependance from the dream itself. When the dream was trasformed in reality…….I felt the missing of the dream!!!!incredible…I would say also stupid…because I had the dream in my garage. In my hands. In my life. It was true. I was driving her…but it was not enought….I still felt for many weeks that something in my life was now missing. My dream!!!!...
See, I told everyone about anticipation - how sometimes it is the best part.
I am sure I will have to come to terms with the fact the car is in my garage as well.
If it ever gets here...
      01-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Nice post Savage. I enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I couldn't agree more with this. I love the feeling of anticipation. Sometimes there is a lot to live up to once the dream finally becomes reality. I'm looking forward to bonding with my car, and that will happen in good time.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT

You always do a great job bringing out the blue hues in the silver interior.

I am always left wanting more and more pictures of the inside of your car!

Thanks for everything.

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...

Last edited by aerisolphaln; 01-01-2008 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
M3 passion

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. After several trips to Italy I can sense the passion for living that so many Italians have.

I am getting more excited now that I have an idea of my production date.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 01-01-2008 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
ArtPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

live the dream brother!

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Thanks for sharing Savage - love the post and the passion!

Also, I am highly envious of the roads where you get to "live the dream"!!

Can't find the video "M3 e92 downhill fun", yet (link pls)??

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 01-01-2008 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: link query
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Can't find the video "M3 e92 downhill fun", yet (link pls)??
It is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxoONkY2ziM

Savage: Good job! Now you make us all jealous

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Hey Savage: taken your car 'round Lago di Garda yet? (too many tourists!)

@AZ-BMW - thx for the url.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #13
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Nice video

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #14
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Great video!!
      01-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #15
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Savage:

I enjoyed reading your write-up and empathize with much of what you wrote. As others have written; keep on living the dream! and don't stop posting! (with more pics of course!)

P.S. passing seemed effortless, even on that narrow 2-way road

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #16
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken bimmer View Post
nice pic...but resize
Get a bigger monitor!

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Bigger is better

Quote:
I guess so just for these pics huh...

I guess the stereotype is really true
Not sure what sterotype that is, but seriously, big monitors make everything look better and easier to see. I've got a 24" and love it. The prices are getting really reasonable, with 24-inchers in the $400 range and 22s under $300.

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #18
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Thanks for the post Savage. Your posts are making it a little easier to get through the Winter with no new news coming our way about the U.S. release.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #19
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I am sure I will have to come to terms with the fact the car is in my garage as well.
If it ever gets here...
I'm sure we all will have to come to terms with that part of us.
      01-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #20
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
What's so great about it? he is driving slow in that video
Actually the camera really takes away alot of the speed you feel while driving. I've taken some amatuer mountain driving footage myself (its currently being edited and i'll post it up soon).

While your driving your just having fun, but not pushing the limit since you ARE on a mountain with a cliff by your side. Another aspect is that you can't really get a sense of the slope of the hill you are going down or up. It just looks flat in all the places that are not hairpins. I can guarantee you he wasn't going 'slow' he just also wasn't driving with a deathwish. His video was awesome for anyone that has been there and done what he has done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
Today I needed sometime for me…Alone. No parents, girlfriend, friends….around me.No telephone. No stupid sms with always the same wishes, copied and every year the same.... Only me and my car.
I had a meeting with her and I mean that I drove her for pleasure in a long trip. I had a videocamera. I had time. I was free and alone. Far from family. Far from the phone. I drove her and finally what I can say is…..what a car, my friends. What a dream…
I've done the same thing. Quite often actually during my last year at school up in NY. I had a nice mountain pass about 30 min east of my school I use to frequent.

I loved the video. You add so much to these forums we are lucky to have ya around. I look forward to seeing more videos from you!!! By the way, what are the specifics on the camera you got?
      01-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #21
Lil. Lucas
Interlagos FTW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: 86 E30 M3

Quote:
What's so great about it? he is driving slow in that video
nice pic...but resize
LOL, savage is driving anything but slow. Its not a race track where you've learned practice braking points for every corner and have the confidence of knowing nothing it coming the other way...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #22
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
By the way, what are the specifics on the camera you got?

here you can see some examples of the application of this camera.
http://www.suvcam.it/video/rally-cina.html
http://www.suvcam.it/prestazioni/prestazioni.html
max resolution max. 704x480),

sorry for the language of that w.site..
bye
Appreciate 0