BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #89
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

All this talk makes me want to get back into my IS-F. My fiance and I took her VW Beetle on this particular business trip I'm on and haven't driven the car in a week and half. AHHHH. I should convince her to get an M3 and I have my F. heheh
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #90
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

I can't wait to see the comparison between M3 equipped with DCT vs. IS-F. IS-F's transmission is one of the best automatics in the world and I respect them for it.
      06-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #91
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Thanks papa Freud.

Perhaps to be more informed of my way of thinking you could peruse the multitude of posts I have made critical to BMW and critical of the M3. Oh, whoops, that would ruin your convenient little crutch where you get to label folks generally complimentary to a particular brand as blinded or as a fan boy or simply as not as much of an entuhusiast as folks like yourself.

Sorry Bruce, keep trying. As well your credibility will only increase if you simply cease from such grossly exaggerated attacks.
I must say that, as a fanboy, you really still are a paradigm of informed logic.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #92
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSanaii View Post
I can't wait to see the comparison between M3 equipped with DCT vs. IS-F. IS-F's transmission is one of the best automatics in the world and I respect them for it.

quite a few mags have critisized the 7 speed in the ISF.
      06-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #93
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
You mean 8 speed?

I think it's one too many gears. That was one of my gripes about the car. But, I think it's SUPERIOR to MB's crappy AMG Speedshift 7G-Tronic that's on the C63. I haven't driven a DCT M3 yet, so who knows...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 04:53 AM   #94
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
You mean 8 speed?

I think it's one too many gears. That was one of my gripes about the car. But, I think it's SUPERIOR to MB's crappy AMG Speedshift 7G-Tronic that's on the C63. I haven't driven a DCT M3 yet, so who knows...
LOL, please. I can tell you haven't driven either.

C63 7-speed is superior, no need for an 8th gear on a performance car.

Car & Driver quote:

C63 AMG "Highs: Shocking performance, heroic engine wail, the world's best automatic, excellent seats."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s_benz_c63_amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSanaii View Post
The M3 sedan already toasted the IS-F by 4.4 seconds a lap, in the Motor Trend comparo.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_16.html
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #95
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
He obviously doesn't do his homework before posting. The IS-F has an 8 Speed and if you didn't know that by now you post on what you think you know which isn't too much.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #96
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The C63's shifts are supposedly not as fast as the IS-F's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post

Car & Driver quote:

C63 AMG "Highs: Shocking performance, heroic engine wail, the world's best automatic, excellent seats."

The M3 sedan already toasted the IS-F by 4.4 seconds a lap, in the Motor Trend comparo.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #97
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Dont forget this is the first go around for the Lexus,,, and I think its damn nice. Hanvt driven one,,, I do have an offer to thou.

And also in that magazine race, they stated the rs4 was launched,, redline and then drop the clutch. FUN FUN FUN,,, until shits breaks with such hard abuse.

As for which I would choose......... $ > than M3 or IS-F. Which is less is the one I would have. Buying used of course. When they take a huge first year hit.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #98
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:

Car & Driver quote:

LOL, please. Do you want pics?

I've driven the IS-F on a track, smartass (AAA Speedway in Fontana to be exact).

I've test driven the C63 at South Bay Mercedes in Torrance. Do you want to talk to my sales rep? I've purchased MB's from him in the past. I test drove it the day after they received it.

You can totally quote magazine articles, but what I'm saying is based off of experience. It sounds like you're magazine racing rather than actually driving.

Have you driven any of these cars? I think not, go back to Borders and keep on reading those magazines.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #99
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:

Car & Driver quote:

let me post some pics for you, magazine racer.

want some more? asshole.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #100
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

lucky you! I wish I could have attended the Lexus driving event. Which did you like? C63 or IS-F?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #101
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl1145 View Post
lucky you! I wish I could have attended the Lexus driving event. Which did you like? C63 or IS-F?
The driving event was great. Contrary to our resident magazine racer who believes everything he reads on Motor Trend and Road & Track, if it weren't for looks, I would get the IS-F over the C63.

When I test drove the C63, less than 30 minutes later, I test drove a 2008 911 C2S. Sure, the C63 had the edge in raw power and great brakes, but the 911 blew it out of the water in terms of fun and handling. I'm a Mercedes guy, I'm even a mod at MBWorld, I wasn't as impressed with the C63 compared to how I was impressed by the IS-F.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #102
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Trust me there is more than one magazine racer on this thread. Its funny how they think they know it all after reading an article. So much information in magazines are subjective. By the way congrats on your C63!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #103
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

I like the 8 speeds. Besides, who even uses gears 6-8 on a track? If you do a comparison between M3's 6 speed manual and speeds at redline, vs. IS-F's first 6 gears, they're pretty close. The 7th and 8th are simply fuel saving gears for commutes.

Yesterday, I drove on the highway for 40 miles cruising along at 60 or so mph (due to traffic) and with the AC on, I averaged over 31 mpg - thanks to gear #8. No, it wasn't downhill or with a tailwind.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #104
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I haven't gotten 31 mpg.. but I was able to get around 26 mpg using 8th gear. Yes you're right, I only use 6-8 on the highway. For really aggressive driving I keep it in gears below that range. It's not hard to keep track of like one would think. By the top of 4th gear you're already over 100. I believe 8th gear at 110 mph is around 2600 rpm.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #105
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

what ? did I accidently log in to Lexus.net?
      06-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #106
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
You can totally quote magazine articles, but what I'm saying is based off of experience. It sounds like you're magazine racing rather than actually driving.

Have you driven any of these cars? I think not, go back to Borders and keep on reading those magazines.
Nope, driven new M3 only.

I doubt they would just say it has the "best auto in the world" for no reason.

Quote:
When I test drove the C63, less than 30 minutes later, I test drove a 2008 911 C2S. Sure, the C63 had the edge in raw power and great brakes, but the 911 blew it out of the water in terms of fun and handling. I'm a Mercedes guy, I'm even a mod at MBWorld, I wasn't as impressed with the C63 compared to how I was impressed by the IS-F.
No sh*t Sherlock, the 997 handles better than a C63. Oooo what a surprise.

The IS-F is a wannabe C63.

And the IS-F is not even in the same league as the M3.

All proven by people who drive for a living, not some guy who attends driving events.

Quote:
what ? did I accidently log in to Lexus.net?
LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #107
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

IS-F = German Sports Sedan? NOT!!!!!!!
      06-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #108
ngl1145
Second Lieutenant
Rep

What's your problem? I don't think this thread has bashed the M3 at all. Personally I like both cars but with the way some of you talk sounds ridiculous. Sounds like insecurity to me. You're right, the IS-F is not in the same league as the M3. The M3 is in the same league with modified 335i's that you'll have to keep up with... Heard there are issues with DCT as well from other posts on this board.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #109
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:
Nope, driven new M3 only.

I doubt they would just say it has the "best auto in the world" for no reason.

No sh*t Sherlock, the 997 handles better than a C63. Oooo what a surprise.

The IS-F is a wannabe C63.

And the IS-F is not even in the same league as the M3.

All proven by people who drive for a living, not some guy who attends driving events.

LOL
please smart ass, I love how you think you're the definitive resource for all these cars when you've only driven one. but, but you've read everything they've said on Road & Track and Motortrend! omg, you even believe that they chose the M3 over the 997TT and GT-R b/c the M3 was cheaper and had more cargo space! ZOMG, those magazine people are the greatest, smartest ever!

you can keep reading your magazines, but until you drive either the C63 or IS-F, you should keep your mouth shut. do you drive for a living? I think not.

you want to talk about people that drive for a living? the last time around the track in the IS-F, I hopped in shotgun with a professional race car driver. I asked him if he's driven the M3 or C63. he only drove the C63 and he liked the IS-F over the C63, sure you could say that it's obviously biased since he works for Lexus, but shit, I'll take his opinion over yours any day.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #110
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl1145 View Post
What's your problem? I don't think this thread has bashed the M3 at all. Personally I like both cars but with the way some of you talk sounds ridiculous. Sounds like insecurity to me. You're right, the IS-F is not in the same league as the M3. The M3 is in the same league with modified 335i's that you'll have to keep up with... Heard there are issues with DCT as well from other posts on this board.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with saying that you like a competing car. Shit, it may be an M3 forum, but come on, can't you give credit where it's due?

I liked the IS-F, but I'm still going to get an M3 or 911, I'm not going to bash the IS-F just b/c I'm not going to get one or don't own one.
Appreciate 0