BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 335i

I just pull the e brake that way they have no clue whats coming
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #24
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

I just pull the quick release handle on the trunk and the trunk monkey leaps from trunk....smashes the windshield of the tailgater.....jumps back in to my trunk and on I go....
Ok really I've cut people off.....usually not on purpose...I try to give them a sign Im sorry then press on. If it happens to me I try to calm my jets and let it go. Brake checkin is not a good idea in any circumstances. Easy to think your just waking someone up but what if they crash and kill some poor kid behind them? Easiest to just move over get outta their way and hope they don't cause an accident in front of you sticking you in traffic for 3 hours.
      07-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
hailpersia
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailpersia
I ride a motorcycle and no way in hell would I ever break check a car, that's a losing battle. I do however carry 6 gauge BBs in my back pocket and if someone is being a super dick--i just throw a couple over my shoulder, down shift and I'm gone; leaving the person with a shattered windshield. I have yet to do this to anyone though, rather avoid drama.
It's so evil, it's beautiful (';
its my life or their car, I chose my life
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #26
hailpersia
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailpersia View Post
I ride a motorcycle and no way in hell would I ever break check a car, that's a losing battle. I do however carry 6 gauge BBs in my back pocket and if someone is being a super dick--i just throw a couple over my shoulder, down shift and I'm gone; leaving the person with a shattered windshield. I have yet to do this to anyone though, rather avoid drama.
Wouldn't that affect other innocent drivers as well? Or are these some remotely detonated BB's that can dissolve after they do their intended job?

I know if you were on a bike and tried to drop BB's at some car and they end up hitting/damaging my m5, I'm coming for you like the grim reaper.

/fighting words
you are assuming that I'm using METAL BBs. These are porcelain BBs, and yes, they do disappear on impact. MAGIC.

as long as you're not riding the ass of the car riding my ass, you will be safe. however, in an event that you do get hit--i am truly sorry but do you really think you can keep up with a Sportbike?

All in all, I've never actually done this but its fun to know you have the option.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

lolololololol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #28
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

If someone behind me is being a total touchhole (and I have few opportunities to just move over as I'm on two-lane roads 90% of the time) I like to drop it a couple gears but then wait a second before giving it gas. My car slows suddenly without brake lights but then takes back off. Gives them something to think about and often works to back them off (while giving me the benefit of the doubt that I was actually "brake checking" anyone)

my 2c
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #29
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I know if you were on a bike and tried to drop BB's at some car and they end up hitting/damaging my m5, I'm coming for you like the grim reaper.
I am with FwdFtl
Throw anything at me, don't expect I will not plough your ass into the next century.

Quote:
as long as you're not riding the ass of the car riding my ass, you will be safe. however, in an event that you do get hit--i am truly sorry but do you really think you can keep up with a Sportbike?
I may find you 10% of the time. But you will be dead that 10% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
hailpersia
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I am with FwdFtl
Throw anything at me, don't expect I will not plough your ass into the next century.

Quote:
I may find you 10% of the time. But you will be dead that 10% of the time.
it's good to be ambitious... but that would never happen.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

This appears to have been filmed in the states as vehicles are being passed on the left. Car driver was a left lane hog and motorcyclist was calling him out. Unfortunately, not in the correct way.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Only brake check if you driving a dump truck anything less and you risk damage to your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

^
I was waiting at a light and this mid-size goods truck cuts right into me, I honk and inch forward a bit and the guy procedes to ram his way in - flipping and scratching my side mirror in the process.
I was ferrying my parents so I couldn't flag him down, although I got his plate I am not going to go to the police station for this.
It just proves some people's lives are worthless (their own evalution), when you on the road you could be driving next to a billionaire, a criminal, or the dalai lama.
When you value your life higher than the idiot that is doing shit, you just have to swallow it and let someone else with a lower life value take him off the road for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Why brake check? ...do the right thing and move over for a faster car behind you instead of possibly causing an accident. Not worth the risk imo.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #35
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Only brake-check if you accidently back into something and want to get a new rear bumper.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I usually turn on the rear fog light to give the appearance that I'm braking. This seems to do the trick since those lights are bright.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

Quote:
that's a felony dude. it's like saying "i'm gonna carry around a gun and if someone pisses me off, I'm gonna shoot his leg and run away." and if your BB manages to cause an accident and people die from it, that could be a 1st deg murder. Nowadays everyone has the capacity to take a quick pic/vid. and even if you're joking, it's not even funny.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #38
hailpersia
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

yeah I got you. that's probably why I never have and most likely never will do this. its really one of those things that would require a perfect scenario. its just so much easier to just hit the throttle or lean to another lane.
Appreciate 0