BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

rear bumper oddity

hey guys,

just curious if anyone has seen the rear bumper sag downward on the oem bumper w/out diffuser between the exhaust tips.

I had exhaust installed over the weekend and when it was finished up there was no sagging problem, however, this morning as i was getting out to the car i noticed it looked like it was sagging. To best describe it, think if you have a piece of plastic and squeeze on each side it pushes the piece downward in a ͜͜
type of shape.

wondering if maybe the exhaust settling in has put more pressure on the mounting brackets that are right behind the bumper or if the heat from the exhaust is softening the body panel so it appears to sag?

anyone with any thoughts?
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I've just recently noticed this on mine as well only mine does it more to the side towards one tip. Looks kind of bad and unsure how to fix. Did mess with the mounting point for the bumper and didn't help much.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
I've just recently noticed this on mine as well only mine does it more to the side towards one tip. Looks kind of bad and unsure how to fix. Did mess with the mounting point for the bumper and didn't help much.
hmm. hopefully someone will help us out here! i think mine is shifted slightly to the right side. the car is in the garage already but tomorrow ill snap a quick photo and put it up for comparison.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I was thinking I would let the dealer fix it next time I'm in under warranty. I was thinking maybe I did it moving the exhaust around on a recent install of an xpipe.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was thinking I would let the dealer fix it next time I'm in under warranty. I was thinking maybe I did it moving the exhaust around on a recent install of an xpipe.
do you think they will? my worry is that they will say it was caused by the install (even if it wasnt) and not fix it under warranty
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Probably because I did the center section not the axle back which is still stock. I will just say I didn't even touch that how could it be related.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

gotcha. i did axle back so theyd be more likely to tell me sorry. but let me know what happens if nobody puts a fix up here....
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I think if we monkey around with the lower brackets enough should be able to fix it on our own. Or we could use this as an excuse to get a diffuser!

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

you guys got a pic of what your talking about? i have exhaust and x-pipe and haven't noticed this

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think if we monkey around with the lower brackets enough should be able to fix it on our own. Or we could use this as an excuse to get a diffuser!
very first thing i did upon noticing was go online and look at getting a challenge diffuser paint matched. but my worry is that it would push the diffuser off the bumper if its a strong enough pressure!

i think this weekend ill be doing the message around with parts things to see if it helps anything.

@1sikbmr yeah i can take a pic but will do it tomorrow, car is in the garage already and i dont have a good light out there at present. ill get one and post it up tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
whats with people midifying their cars and then wanting things fixed under warranty? its real easy, was the sag there before the new exhaust? if not, then you have no claim. man-up to it being something you may have done.
if you read my original post you would have realized that i noted already it was NOT like this after the install was complete initially. it now has become that way.

whats with people feeling self righteous on forums these days? if you dont have something worthwhile to contribute, move along you little wanker.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

just went and laid under the car and looked for a few things - i think the exhaust having settled in has helped a few of the bolts to loosen allowing movement of the rear mounting bracket for the bumper. i moved a few things around and tightened the bolts as best i could without the car being on a jack and it seemed to help fix the "sag".

i will wait and see if it shifts again tomorrow and if it does ill get it up on a jack and see if i can tighten things down more tightly.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
if you read my original post you would have realized that i noted already it was NOT like this after the install was complete initially. it now has become that way.

whats with people feeling self righteous on forums these days? if you dont have something worthwhile to contribute, move along you little wanker.

second that hulk

Appreciate 0