BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #111
swifty
Colonel
127
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Levante & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3 View Post
There is no right or wrong answer but I did hear great feedback on B&G and how they have aggressive height and yet they still maintain OEM ride in all modes.
I highly doubt some one with Swifts switched to B&G cuz that's the only way they would be able to discern B&G is better. Or extended time with cars equipped with both.

Also I believe EAS owns B&G so if they said it's better I would check with few owners. Again I had H&R owners say those were amazing until the sat in my car and realized the "bounce" and constantly riding the bump stop wasn't normal.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #112
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I highly doubt some one with Swifts switched to B&G cuz that's the only way they would be able to discern B&G is better. Or extended time with cars equipped with both.

Also I believe EAS owns B&G so if they said it's better I would check with few owners. Again I had H&R owners say those were amazing until the sat in my car and realized the "bounce" and constantly riding the bump stop wasn't normal.
Well I may doing such in the near future. The Swifts drive nicely but I'd really just like to be a tad lower in the front.

I've never heard EAS owning B&G.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #113
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
1789
Rep
14,397
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I highly doubt some one with Swifts switched to B&G cuz that's the only way they would be able to discern B&G is better. Or extended time with cars equipped with both.

Also I believe EAS owns B&G so if they said it's better I would check with few owners. Again I had H&R owners say those were amazing until the sat in my car and realized the "bounce" and constantly riding the bump stop wasn't normal.
We do not own B&G springs, but they do offer a fantastic product.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #114
swifty
Colonel
127
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Levante & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We do not own B&G springs, but they do offer a fantastic product.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #115
swifty
Colonel
127
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Levante & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
Well I may doing such in the near future. The Swifts drive nicely but I'd really just like to be a tad lower in the front.

I've never heard EAS owning B&G.
Try out both and see what suits you. If it's comfort you are after, B&G being progressive might be the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 06:47 PM   #116
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Try out both and see what suits you. If it's comfort you are after, B&G being progressive might be the way to go.
The linear nature of the Swifts really appeal to me but I'm just so anal about the drop and doing all I can to avoid coilovers. The car will see 2-3 track days a year so sheer performance isn't important as I'll have fun either way but would love to keep linear.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #117
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

What are you guys debating here?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #118
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
What are you guys debating here?
I wasn't aware that anyone was debating anything...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #119
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

I got the impression that you were comparing/debating BG vs. Swift. I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
I wasn't aware that anyone was debating anything...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #120
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
I got the impression that you were comparing/debating BG vs. Swift. I stand corrected.
More trying to decide what to buy. They're both good for what they're designed for, just trying to determine for myself whether or not to switch to B&G from the Swift's.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #121
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

Understood. I have a brand new set of Swift in my trunk. Haven't had time to get them installed. I did a lot of research before deciding on Swift. I'm sure you read everything I read. I didn't find any negative reviews or comments and that was shocking to me. I am currently in the middle of reading your thread where this is also being discussed. In my opinion, I can't imagine it being worth it to go through the hassle of replacing Swift with B&G. I highly doubt the improvement would anything more than negligible. If you're DIY, can't be worth the time or hassle and if you're paying to have it done, definitely not worth the money. If you were deciding on which to buy I can see the merit in the discussion, but you not only already own the Swift, but you also have them installed. With the said, unless you truly hate them and can't stand the DD, may not be worth the time/hassle or money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
More trying to decide what to buy. They're both good for what they're designed for, just trying to determine for myself whether or not to switch to B&G from the Swift's.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #122
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
Understood. I have a brand new set of Swift in my trunk. Haven't had time to get them installed. I did a lot of research before deciding on Swift. I'm sure you read everything I read. I didn't find any negative reviews or comments and that was shocking to me. I am currently in the middle of reading your thread where this is also being discussed. In my opinion, I can't imagine it being worth it to go through the hassle of replacing Swift with B&G. I highly doubt the improvement would anything more than negligible. If you're DIY, can't be worth the time or hassle and if you're paying to have it done, definitely not worth the money. If you were deciding on which to buy I can see the merit in the discussion, but you not only already own the Swift, but you also have them installed. With the said, unless you truly hate them and can't stand the DD, may not be worth the time/hassle or money.
I see your point. I would do it myself, we installed a lift here at work so we can do this kind of stuff to our cars. Took me maybe 2 hours to swap them before, no big deal. I'm just super anal about how things look aesthetically. They drive great (Swift's). Just want the front to be slightly lower as the front appears to have not even dropped much at all. Haven't decided yet on what to do. The good part would be that the Swift's can be sold for what I bought them for.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #123
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

That's interesting and concerning to me. I too really only bought these to kill some of that front gap. I've seen pictures and they appeared to meet that objective. Curious as to why they didn't make a difference on your car. Do you have pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
I see your point. I would do it myself, we installed a lift here at work so we can do this kind of stuff to our cars. Took me maybe 2 hours to swap them before, no big deal. I'm just super anal about how things look aesthetically. They drive great (Swift's). Just want the front to be slightly lower as the front appears to have not even dropped much at all. Haven't decided yet on what to do. The good part would be that the Swift's can be sold for what I bought them for.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #124
Shredicus
Captain
Shredicus's Avatar
United_States
212
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: WA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
That's interesting and concerning to me. I too really only bought these to kill some of that front gap. I've seen pictures and they appeared to meet that objective. Curious as to why they didn't make a difference on your car. Do you have pics?
Just went out and grabbed a shot of my E92 on swifts front drop.
265/35/19, shaved guide supports, e36 bump stops, Dinan camber plates, -1.5 camber


Last edited by Shredicus; 02-10-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #125
swifty
Colonel
127
Rep
2,051
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Levante & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (7)

On 18s with 265/35 the gap in the front is a bit more than 255/35/19s. 19 inch wheel closed the gap significantly better than my 18s.

Problem is the car rides way better with 18s for me.

If you want to go lower than B&G and swifts I rather go with RD sports with e36 bump stops.

Based on pics I don't see much difference aesthetically speaking with B&G and Swifts.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #126
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

That looks plenty in my opinion. Did the shaving the guide support make a difference in the drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Just went out and grabbed a shot of my E92 on swifts front drop.
265/35/19, shaved guide supports, Dinan camber plates, -1.5 camber

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #127
Shredicus
Captain
Shredicus's Avatar
United_States
212
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: WA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
That looks plenty in my opinion. Did the shaving the guide support make a difference in the drop?
Yes, but the dinan camber plates pretty much negate the difference since they add a little thickness. Also edited my original post after reading swifty's. Forgot to note I am also running the e36 bumpstops although that should make no difference in ride height, just rebound.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #128
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Here is my drop with the springs installed:




Sorry for the really crappy photos. They were taken on my iPhone in shorts when I was trying to run back inside because it was so cold. I sent these pictures to Swift and they said it appears normal for the springs. I just don't believe it based on other pictures, like the one above, of others with these springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #129
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

Gotcha. I bought those too, just for peace of mind since it was debated by many and probably subjective like many mods comments/opinions. Even if I got a .75 drop I would be happy. The stock height is unbearably unattractive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Yes, but the dinan camber plates pretty much negate the difference since they add a little thickness. Also edited my original post after reading swifty's. Forgot to note I am also running the e36 bumpstops although that should make no difference in ride height, just rebound.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #130
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

His is noticeably lower than yours, but I'm looking more for what you have...or maybe a tab bit lower. My stock is so bad, that I guess anything lower looks good to me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
Here is my drop with the springs installed:



Sorry for the really crappy photos. They were taken on my iPhone in shorts when I was trying to run back inside because it was so cold. I sent these pictures to Swift and they said it appears normal for the springs. I just don't believe it based on other pictures, like the one above, of others with these springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #131
duvinclunk
Captain
duvinclunk's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
849
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
His is noticeably lower than yours, but I'm looking more for what you have...or maybe a tab bit lower. My stock is so bad, that I guess anything lower looks good to me. lol
Mine is a ZCP car and seriously doesn't appear any lower than the factory springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #132
simpleM3
Captain
31
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 00' E39 M5|17' F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (8)

He is also running 265s in the front so that might make a difference in terms of helping with filling in the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvinclunk View Post
Mine is a ZCP car and seriously doesn't appear any lower than the factory springs.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
spec-r, springs, suspension, swift, track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST