BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #1
firewired
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn

Stuck between 112 and 150

Got an email from my CA 5 days ago (9/11) that my car had begun production. It used to be that you could track the car online for detailed info. It would say if the car was at the body or paint shop, etc...

Well my car has yet to move into the first stage of production. The only thing encouraging is that the completion date hasn't changed. I hope that it is actually being produced and that they just haven't updated their system in the last six days.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

You should be ok man. I worried about the same thing when mine was on order.

HOWEVER, I've heard that the BMW factory in Germany closes for an entire month starting in November, I believe?

Correct me if I've mistaken. If I'm right, you might wanna double check with your CA.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
You should be ok man. I worried about the same thing when mine was on order.

HOWEVER, I've heard that the BMW factory in Germany closes for an entire month starting in November, I believe?

Correct me if I've mistaken. If I'm right, you might wanna double check with your CA.
I've heard about this factory closing a few times recently, but each time the month was different. First I heard September. Then August. Now November. My guess is that if they do close down for a month it would be in August so the factory could retool for any changes that will occur for the new MY. I know they are running right now since my car was built last week.

FYI, my car went into production on Monday, September 7, and was on its way to the port on Saturday, September 12. I got my information from the 800 and not from my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I've heard about this factory closing a few times recently, but each time the month was different. First I heard September. Then August. Now November. My guess is that if they do close down for a month it would be in August so the factory could retool for any changes that will occur for the new MY. I know they are running right now since my car was built last week.

FYI, my car went into production on Monday, September 7, and was on its way to the port on Saturday, September 12. I got my information from the 800 and not from my dealer.
I'm pretty confident that BMW won't leaving you hangin'. I would expect them to finish everything they're workin' on, and then close.

Wouldn't they give some kind of notice in advance?
Appreciate 0