BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #2157
DealerRefresh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 Imola M3 Coupe

Hello everyone. You all have done an amazing job of showing the power of the Internet! It looks like an article from DealerRefresh was linked here quite a few pages back, so we thought you all should know we have posted a statement on DealerRefresh from Husker BMW. It can be found here: http://www.dealerrefresh.com/my_webl...ment-from.html

For the record, Dealer Refresh is a site for dealers to learn from one another in various areas of our business. Even though we have used this incident to show other dealers how important it is to keep an eye on their online reputation, we must admit quite a few of us have professional relationships with the parent company of Husker BMW. Until recently, we did not know Husker BMW had a parent company. In our eyes, this does not excuse any of the mistakes Husker BMW may have made, but it does give them a forum on our site to voice their side of things.

We invite you to view the statement, repost it, and/or comment on it at Dealer Refresh. If you do decide to comment on things on our site, please be cognizant of our site rules - they're very much like the ones on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #2158
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J_Tepper View Post
I’d like to post just to bring everyone up to date so that we can all have a good weekend.

First, as I originally posted, this is not some elaborate plot to kick off a new season of Punk’d on April 1st. Ken is serious about consummating the eBay auction transaction.

Second, the hold up has been Ken’s leasing company. It needs the paperwork back from Ken (it sent it to him on Thursday, he received it yesterday, and he sent it back by FedEx yesterday afternoon). We have been told the transaction will fund on Monday – by the leasing company. Ken understands that BMW of Lincoln can't deliver the car until the funds are received. As to how much time Ken has to complete the deal, in one place on the auction site 72 hours is mentioned. In two other places 7 days is mentioned. While I believe Ken has 7 days to consummate the deal from the date we finally agreed to the conditions of sale, Ken wants the deal to be consummated Monday so that this can be over and he can enjoy his car. (By "the conditions," I mean a sale price of $60,000 plus the stated fee of $399 and no restrictions.)

Third, while Ken had originally lined up a new car loan, and posted the screenshot here, when he spoke with Mr. Catania on Monday, Mr. Catania asked him if he would be buying the car outright or leasing it. That got Ken thinking that maybe he should do a lease, and he thought of all the business justifications for leasing. Looking back Ken should have just bought the car outright, but hindsight is always 20-20.

Fourth, Ken is very appreciative of those here who have posted him their support. But he also wishes to acknowledge that the Husker Auto Group ownership and Michael Maledon have been working very hard behind the scenes to make this all happen. In fact, Husker Auto Group offered to fly Ken to Nebraska to pick up his car but Ken had to decline because he is a family man who has a full time job. So, Husker Auto Group has agreed to ship the car to Ken free of charge. And Ken has absolutely no doubt that the car will be in perfect condition when it arrives.

Fifth, people should reflect on Mr. Zimmerman’s letter. While I believe Ken has acted maturely about this and has nothing to worry about, some of the posters here and the Board itself should look at many of the offensive posts that have gone up, particularly those using copyrighted photos from the Husker Auto Group site. Perhaps, in reflection, the operators of the Board will realize that those photos and Youtube links should be taken down, as well as the avatars two posters here have taken from the Husker Auto Group website. Those photographs are the copyrighted property of Husker Auto Group. The same is true for the posts that contain defamatory material.

Sixth, sometimes people should take things at face value. Ken simply wants his car and to complete the transaction. He is not receiving any compensation or consideration for my making this post. We simply want to set things right. We request that people act responsibly, and if they want to support Ken in a constructive way, that’s great. But anything else is counter productive.

Have a good weekend. Neither Ken or I won’t be posting again until we have something to report, which won't be until Monday. I’m going to watch the NCAA basketball tourney and enjoy myself (but only if the Bruins win).

Flame On !! Sounds like Husker Auto Group (and Fil Catania) have been very accomodating.

Hope everything goes well, and Ken's car is on it's way to CA next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #2159
Mfive
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfive View Post
Here's my take after a week of this forum.
Dooma (ken) works as a sales assistant for Husker Auto. To generate a bidding frenzy he decides to post a low starting bid for the new M3 on e-bay at Fil's direction. The TV dealership's lawyers are hungry and smell potential libel blood in the water. Laszlo also works for Husker and dumps aditional gas on the fire through his postings. After a week of forum and blog chatter Husker auto has in fact increased sales activity on new M3's and places a hundred new orders(north america sales record). The TV dealership's legal team has enough libel suits to keep them employed for the remainder of their careers. As a sidebar, Ken's son in the eighth grade is completing a social studies paper on mob internet mentality and receives an A++ and an immediate PhD. The contract is delayed until April 1 when the greatest hoax of alltime is revealed, rivaling the Sports Illustrated Sidd Finch 168 mph fastballer. Finally, Fil cuts his hair and declares his candidacy for president as an Independent and edges out McCain and Obama for the Whitehouse. His limo turns out to be a version of an extended M3.

I guess that I need to return to the grassy knoll to develop a new theory.
Great work Scott!!!
Sounds like Ken's ordeal is almost over.
Congrats on the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #2160
beamerlover12
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne1977 View Post
I registered just to respond to this comment- which is the most clever damn thing I've read in this whole friggin mess....makes sense....but if they are going on air with this shit I have a buddy who works at husker and says fil's wife is FINE.
YEAHHHH, BOY!!! I am down with that! all this crap is getting a little boring...I'd like to to see the BABE of DR 90210 (or is it fil catania) really...i just hope dooma buys the f%%**&n m3 and everyone is happy
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #2161
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

While I don't agree with the tone of the message sent to you, YOU opened the door when you decided to post not once, but 14 times. While doing so you chose to prominently display your company logo and web address as a part of both your signature and avatar. YOU ADVERTISED YOURSELF WITHIN THIS FORUM. What your motives were for doing so rests with you, but please refrain from what is considered yelling within a forum via your all caps, sizeable text, and bold coloring.

Partaking in a well-publicized forum, offering some potentially polarizing viewpoints considering the target audience, then offering an implied innocent victim response may not garner many sympathizers. If you offer a venue for contact, you should be prepared to be contacted. However, if you feel as though the poster "...should have his (her?) internet privileges revoked", and feel you have a legitimate grievence, my suggestion would be to use the IP address recorded and contact the Internet Service Provider (ISP) of the user and state your case, as that is the proper venue that can address your stated demand.

-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NOT READ OR WRITE IN THIS FORUM, BUT SOMEBODY SHIFTED THEIR HERRASEMENT FROM THE BMW DEALER TO ME. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY:

contact_name: Internet User

dealer_name: None

tel: N/A

comments: Why the hell did you post on m3post -- You're idiots!

Sender IP: 69.245.184.70

THE IP TRACE SHOWS THE SENDER RESIDING IN FT WAYNE INDIANA.

THIS CHILD SHOULD SHOULD HAVE HIS INTERNET PRIVILEGES REVOKED!!!!

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-29-2008 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: quotation correction
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #2162
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NOT READ OR WRITE IN THIS FORUM, BUT SOMEBODY SHIFTED THEIR HERRASEMENT FROM THE BMW DEALER TO ME. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY:

You are planning on making a living giving internet advise and marketing and something this simple provokes such a response. Good luck making money at what you plan to do, you have a lot to learn about the online community.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #2163
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #2164
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:

Oh please.

If this thread has demonstrated one thing it's that you shouldn't give it unless you can take it!

Respond to the point constructively...

...or just get over it!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #2165
chakalakasp
Registered
Rep
Drives: Impala

Quote:
Sender IP: 69.245.184.70[/U]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Not really. It actually resolves to Pine Valley, Indiana. Or at least that's the last exit node before it hits the private block of their network.

BTW, if you could maybe scale your font size down a bit, that'd be great.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #2166
Ral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '92 Lexus SC300 5-speed

Quote:
(By "the conditions," I mean a sale price of $60,000 plus the stated fee of $399 and no restrictions.)
Okay, that answers the question I had in my mind about what the actual agreed deal was.

Quote:
Perhaps, in reflection, the operators of the Board will realize that those photos and Youtube links should be taken down, as well as the avatars two posters here have taken from the Husker Auto Group website. Those photographs are the copyrighted property of Husker Auto Group. The same is true for the posts that contain defamatory material.
I run a blog that generates a decent number of hits, and I have attempted to be objective in my reporting and analysis of this situation (and suspended my updates on it on 3/26 to allow interested parties to resolve their dispute quietly).

Two of the images I used in my blog post contained a photograph of the car that is the copyrighted property of Husker Auto Group. I believe that my use of them as a reference for commentary is within the bounds of fair use laws. But in the interests of a peaceful resolution to this dispute, and since Scott has requested it here, I have removed those images from my blog and they are no longer available.

Good to know that both sides appear to be reaching a satisfactory conclusion.
      03-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #2167
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
I'm in the car business, I respect and help fellow dealers. I entered this forum after one of my dealers brought it to my attention. At no point during my 14 postings did I personally attack or harass anyone. Sorry if my font was too big.
This public forum, eventhough opened by Dooma, should reflect ALL opinions.
If you have a problem with my point of view please email me at blog@triplenetautomotive.com so we can talk, and please, don't hide behind your computer.
You need to thicken your skin a bit. Do you bark at small children that make faces at you in the grocery store? Seriously, we all know you're here for the publicity. Have at it, but expect some unwanted attention WHEN YOU POST IN ALL CAPS IN A HUGE FONT WITH A CONTRASTING COLOR. No disrespect intended...just pointing out the simple fact that you're asking for it. I would expect that you'll likely be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing thanks to this little tirade.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #2168
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
.......Third, while Ken had originally lined up a new car loan, and posted the screenshot here, when he spoke with Mr. Catania on Monday, Mr. Catania asked him if he would be buying the car outright or leasing it. That got Ken thinking that maybe he should do a lease, and he thought of all the business justifications for leasing. Looking back Ken should have just bought the car outright, but hindsight is always 20-20......
I told Ken he would be much better off in this situation if he just bought the car outright. I'm so smart!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2169
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

This whole story is quite amazing. The lesson for me is, if I see something that seems too good to be true, it probably is, and the hassle that one has to go through at the end of the event just seems quite a lot.

This is a good case for everyone to study.
      03-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #2170
88M3SanDiego
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3

I would be trully amazed if you do not see this event tought in business schools in the near future. It is good to see it being worked out by all parties. Knock on wood Husker will not make the same mistake again. I hope that some of the other dealers selling on e-bay are taking notice that consumers are smart and there is an avenue to join together and make change.

I look forward to seeing pictures fo Dooma in his new car!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #2171
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88M3SanDiego View Post
I would be trully amazed if you do not see this event tought in business schools in the near future. It is good to see it being worked out by all parties. Knock on wood Husker will not make the same mistake again. I hope that some of the other dealers selling on e-bay are taking notice that consumers are smart and there is an avenue to join together and make change.

I look forward to seeing pictures fo Dooma in his new car!
+1 on all points.....esp. the last!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #2172
robzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
If you have a problem with my point of view please email me at blog@triplenetautomotive.com so we can talk, and please, don't hide behind your computer.
Did you just post someone's IP address on a public forum?!

Dude. Bad bad bad. If I found out that a company did not keep my IP confidential, regardless of the circumstances, I would be fuming.

Do NOT post peoples IP addresses on public forums. Just don't.

I'm sorry to get all high and mighty, but if I were you 'd remove it from your post and PM all those that quoted it asking them to remove that part of the quote.

You keep credit card numbers confidential I assume? You should also keep IP addresses confidential.

The correct course of action would have been to just delete/ignore the silly person that decided to send you that message.

Getting back on topic, glad to hear it's all working out for you dooma. Really glad.

Rob.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #2173
Ral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '92 Lexus SC300 5-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...t=98489&page=1

beleive thats it,though i have yet to read it yeah it is it gets good near the bottom
I'm still on the first page and it's comedy gold. "I hope that's not your name because when you google that name it comes up on the S.C. Sexual Preditor list." Yikes! LOL.
      03-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #2174
Avenger
Rep
Drives: Drift Car

...and the saga STILL continues. I seriously can't wait for Ken to have the M3 in his hands. Internet FTW indeed. That M3 is sweet. I just read my May 03 copy of Car and Driver and the M3 was featured. But my heart belongs to the Nissan GT-R. I would buy that beast (GT-R) in a heartbeat...if I can find one after it is released.

Well, Ken, good luck and we're all here waiting for what will become an epic saga.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #2175
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
I'm in the car business, I respect and help fellow dealers. I entered this forum after one of my dealers brought it to my attention. At no point during my 14 postings did I personally attack or harass anyone. Sorry if my font was too big.

Why hasnt anyone called him out for what he is? A troll just plastering his website up to get hits.

Plain and simple the site is garbage, it looks like it was slapped together AFTER this thing broke out and it looks to me as if this man is just trying to ride the site hit wave so be it.

It may not be my position (ok its not) but this acct should be closed for trolling IMHO.

BTW im glad to see that hopefully everything will be settled on monday, ive been away for 4 days and first thing i did when i got home was check this forum to see what was going on... 40 pages later im here lol
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #2176
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Shipping Pictures Wanted??

Looks like things will go fwd Monday and glad Mr. Teppers post seems to confirm this. Really happy for Ken, and BMW of Lincoln. I agree, both parties, hell everyone, has learned a lot here. I wish we would all get this spun up about issues like gas prices, healthcare costs, world hunger or the "no longer available" status of many parts for my 91' M5!!!!

Seriously, since I saw the M3 shortly after its arrival, and have some crappy indoor iphone pics, I will see if the dealership will call me when the shipper arrives and take some better pics of the "load up" before it heads West. This might be a nice photo for Kens scrapbook. Of course, a pic of the VIN would be required, and provided.

Everyone, enjoy your weekend.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:24 AM   #2177
xelle
Registered
Rep
Drives: chanel reissue 228<3

dude ken you are awesome
i spent ...hours reading through the posts
good luck .

( any tpf'ers? )
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #2178
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

While I will agree that all relevant points of view should be engaged, your rant regarding an e-mail received and decision to publicly post an IP address is in extremely poor taste. The tone and font selection certainly didn't help your grievance. There are 2 points I'd also like to make you privy to.

The first is as follows. Though this forum resides within a public webspace, participation within the forums requires actively agreeing to a TOS, and actively creating a profile. Though the site owners chose not to charge for this, the registration requirements make this a private forum.

Again, posting your e-mail, web site address, and the like may expose you to potentially unflattering, though legal, responses. It is the computer that binds all here - unless an alternative means of contact is offered outside of this realm.

Again, while I don't agree with anyone acting in a juvenile way, public postings of private information isn't the proper way to express one's displeasure.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread