BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Block all muslims from getting access to the US?
yes 53 45.69%
no 63 54.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

12-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #67
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
For right now, yes. It's not permanent but it's an idea until we can get a grip on this whole ordeal.
What happens to PoP if he finds himself outside of the country for a family emergency?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #68
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

The split in poll is pretty equal.....just saying!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #69
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
States have absolutely zero legal authority to do that. Besides, it's all political gesturing anyway. What good would it do if they're all in the state next to you?

It's a moot point anyway, to do what Trump is suggesting would violate the First Amendment most likely anyway.

I also answered "No" to the poll, as an American I'm better than that, but I guess to the uneducated or ignorant it's easier to hate an entire group of people versus understanding the intricacies of the problem.
1 if they were all in a state saying come here, they'd be killing democrats because only Democrat leaning states have said OK.
2 constitutional rights apply to US citizens, not foreign citizens in other countries who are trying to come here.
3 I don't hate an entire group unless Islamic radicals count. And since there is no way to separate them out, or vette those trying to come here, there's no reason to let them come. There's plenty of others patiently waiting in line from any number of friendly countries. Why do I all of a sudden need to give a risky group preferential or even equal treatment? When did taking the high road overtake common sense?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #70
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It's true there's no real benefit. I'm just not an asshole. Well I guess I am, but not when it comes to excluding an entire religion...second largest in the world at that.
I'm not either. I like the good ones. But until they sort their house and get rid of the bad ones, so be it. Since 51% of the ones here in the US already want sharia law instead of us laws, 38% feel violence in the US is justified for jihad, aND 12% want the death penalty for insulting faggy muhammad, and that's US Muslims, why keep bringing more that hate us? Like I said, to feel good about ourselves?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #71
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
What happens to PoP if he finds himself outside of the country for a family emergency?
So be it.

#murica
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #72
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1 if they were all in a state saying come here, they'd be killing democrats because only Democrat leaning states have said OK.
Ah I see, so the state of Virginia has exactly 0 republicans in it and Maryland has exactly 0 democrats in it? Got it.

Quote:
2 constitutional rights apply to US citizens, not foreign citizens in other countries who are trying to come here.
This would be true if it weren't wrong. Plus it has nothing to do with states having no legal authority to not allow refugees in. Matters related to immigration and refugees is a federal government responsibility, not a state government one. This was ruled by the USSC in Hines v. Davidowitz. Once the Federal Government wants to open it's doors to x number of refugees, states have no legal authority to do otherwise. Pretty cut and dry.

Quote:
3 I don't hate an entire group unless Islamic radicals count. And since there is no way to separate them out, or vette those trying to come here, there's no reason to let them come. There's plenty of others patiently waiting in line from any number of friendly countries. Why do I all of a sudden need to give a risky group preferential or even equal treatment? When did taking the high road overtake common sense?
Syrian refugees actually go through more security screenings than any other refugee due to the additional risk.

I'm more worried about those becoming radicalized who are already US citizens. Like I said, no one in their right mind would wait 12-24 months for the hope of being allowed into the US (because even if you apply, the odds are still slim you'd actually be allowed in) just to say "finally, now I can hatch my plan". Do you think they sit there and give updates like "Hey boss, sorry, the timetable to blow myself up in a restaurant got push back 6 months...the FBI wants to interview me....again and the DHS lost my forms.....again".

I'm far more worried about those who travel via visas to nearby countries like central America and try to sneak into the US that way. They've already arrested 4 in Honduras trying to do exactly that. Some have also been arrested in Texas who hopped the border.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #73
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

This goes back to a macro version of 30 years ago with white neighborhoodsand not wanting people of color. That was wrong. But it's translated to this. In this case we aren't shutting the door on a black doctor or Indian dentist. We are saying we don't want a bunch of low income housing and a couple Crack houses in the neighborhood just to feel good about ourselves.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #74
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not either. I like the good ones. But until they sort their house and get rid of the bad ones, so be it. Since 51% of the ones here in the US already want sharia law instead of us laws, 38% feel violence in the US is justified for jihad, aND 12% want the death penalty for insulting faggy muhammad, and that's US Muslims, why keep bringing more that hate us? Like I said, to feel good about ourselves?
I'm part black, am I responsible for the crimes going on in urban areas? Shit isn't my problem to deal with. I don't know why it should be theirs to "sort their house". It's crazy people who follow some fringe, bastardized form of religion for their own personal gain. Not the first time someone's warped religion to push their own personal agenda. Hell, someone made up a religion to gain money and power (L. Ron Hubbard).

But since you brought it up, Muslims did raise over $100,000 so far for the victims families of the shooting in California, http://fox40.com/2015/12/09/muslim-a...rdino-victims/

These individuals were Muslim Americans, and just like most any other American, they're good people who step up to help those in need.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #75
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ah I see, so the state of Virginia has exactly 0 republicans in it and Maryland has exactly 0 democrats in it? Got it.

This would be true if it weren't wrong. Plus it has nothing to do with states having no legal authority to not allow refugees in. Matters related to immigration and refugees is a federal government responsibility, not a state government one. This was ruled by the USSC in Hines v. Davidowitz. Once the Federal Government wants to open it's doors to x number of refugees, states have no legal authority to do otherwise. Pretty cut and dry.

Syrian refugees actually go through more security screenings than any other refugee due to the additional risk.

I'm more worried about those becoming radicalized who are already US citizens. Like I said, no one in their right mind would wait 12-24 months for the hope of being allowed into the US (because even if you apply, the odds are still slim you'd actually be allowed in) just to say "finally, now I can hatch my plan". Do you think they sit there and give updates like "Hey boss, sorry, the timetable to blow myself up in a restaurant got push back 6 months...the FBI wants to interview me....again and the DHS lost my forms.....again".

I'm far more worried about those who travel via visas to nearby countries like central America and try to sneak into the US that way. They've already arrested 4 in Honduras trying to do exactly that. Some have also been arrested in Texas who hopped the border.
1. That doesn't matter. They only track them for 6 months and there is no screening process. It doesn't exist if you aren't on the grid or here with fake documents
2 I am too. Why are we worried? Cause we aren't there kicking the their teeth in. People wouldn't be drawn to a cause domestically if they knew they'd be dead by dawn.
3. So seal the border and stop the illegals from coming here. Not hard to do physically. Just politically.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #76
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChat View Post
(the Barbary states) he found that they would say one thing and then do another. So in order to understand their beliefs, he had the Qu'ran translated. Once he understood what he was dealing with, he sent in the Marines to take care of the problem ("to the shores of Tripoli"). By reading the Qu'ran Jefferson quickly figured out what we are so willingly ignorant of today: You cannot deal or negotiate with someone who believes it is their divine right to lie to you, to cheat you, to steal from you and to ultimately murder you. The only outcome of such fanaticism is complete and utter defeat/destruction: yours or theirs, the only question is who is going to make the decision: you or them?
I respectfully ask you to find in the Quran where it says that muslims have a divine right to lie, cheat, steal and/or murder anyone or any creation of God. As you stated above brother the pirates did not practice what they preached (Quran) because if they did the Marines would not have been deployed to protect international trade routes from them. The decision to deploy Marines was actually more islamic and divine than those pirates and their actions lol. Which is why they won that 'battle'. Semper Fidelis

What you are seeing in the middle east are cultures using religion as a reason to legitimize their psychotic behavior. If you dig into all this you'll see they'd rather be called a Saudi, Libian, Iranian, Israeli instead of a Muslim, Christian or a Jew. Why aren't there any priests, rabbis or imams beheading one another in the name of their religion?

I just hope Americans don't fall prey to fear mongering psychopath politicians spewing filth about something they know nothing about for a political seat. The fact that someone would say they would give up a few of their liberties for security is scarier than any bearded terrorist with a knife lol
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #77
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This goes back to a macro version of 30 years ago with white neighborhoodsand not wanting people of color. That was wrong. But it's translated to this. In this case we aren't shutting the door on a black doctor or Indian dentist. We are saying we don't want a bunch of low income housing and a couple Crack houses in the neighborhood just to feel good about ourselves.
Before Syria went to shit, they did have things like schools and what not there. A lot of them are educated people who've lost their homes in civil war. That civil war that pits Muslims against ISIS. In reading some of the comments here, you'd think that there were no Muslims actively fighting a ground war with ISIS.

That said, yeah I don't really want any unskilled refugees here either, if we let them in I'd rather them have some marketable skill.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #78
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm part black, am I responsible for the crimes going on in urban areas? Shit isn't my problem to deal with. I don't know why it should be theirs to "sort their house". It's crazy people who follow some fringe, bastardized form of religion for their own personal gain. Not the first time someone's warped religion to push their own personal agenda. Hell, someone made up a religion to gain money and power (L. Ron Hubbard).

But since you brought it up, Muslims did raise over $100,000 so far for the victims families of the shooting in California, http://fox40.com/2015/12/09/muslim-a...rdino-victims/

These individuals were Muslim Americans, and just like most any other American, they're good people who step up to help those in need.
No you aren't. My kids half black. Is he? No. Sort their house means the ones not violent need to step up against the ones who are.

Btw, L. Ron Hubbard wrote dianetics as a self help book and the dumb scientology people who adopted it as a religion were scorned and ridiculed by Hubbard. He didn't profit from it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #79
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. That doesn't matter. They only track them for 6 months and there is no screening process. It doesn't exist if you aren't on the grid or here with fake documents
2 I am too. Why are we worried? Cause we aren't there kicking the their teeth in. People wouldn't be drawn to a cause domestically if they knew they'd be dead by dawn.
3. So seal the border and stop the illegals from coming here. Not hard to do physically. Just politically.
Point three is just hard to do period. The stuff determined people who have nothing to lose come up with is incredible.

Have you seen the tunnel networks some illegals have used to smuggle in drugs and the like? It's insane.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #80
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No you aren't. My kids half black. Is he? No. Sort their house means the ones not violent need to step up against the ones who are.

Btw, L. Ron Hubbard wrote dianetics as a self help book and the dumb scientology people who adopted it as a religion were scorned and ridiculed by Hubbard. He didn't profit from it.
So why do Muslims have to do it yet blacks are ok to not do it?

Most all urban crime and homicides are done by young black people.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #81
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Before Syria went to shit, they did have things like schools and what not there. A lot of them are educated people who've lost their homes in civil war. That civil war that pits Muslims against ISIS. In reading some of the comments here, you'd think that there were no Muslims actively fighting a ground war with ISIS.

That said, yeah I don't really want any unskilled refugees here either, if we let them in I'd rather them have some marketable skill.
First part... And?
Second part. The only ones fighting them are kurds mostly. Some other countries too that Obama won't give weapons too like Jordan.
Third part We aren't bringing in skilled labor. This is uneducated rabble that doesn't want to come and we are forcing them here.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #82
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First part... And?
Second part. The only ones fighting them are kurds mostly. Some other countries too that Obama won't give weapons too like Jordan.
Third part We aren't bringing in skilled labor. This is uneducated rabble that doesn't want to come and we are forcing them here.
I don't like the idea of giving them weapons. Didn't work out too well in the long run in Afghanistan.

We aren't forcing them. That's not how the process works. They have to apply here. They don't want to come here, then don't apply. Pretty easy.

Plus I have no statistics on who they're letting in, and I'm certain you don't either so you have no idea as to their educational background or their skill set. With that said, I'm sure some of these people will be complete disrespecting asshole low lives while others will assimilate into society and become productive members.

Ideally, if it were up to me, you'd have to be educated and if you're someone who's 16-30, you're not getting in. Older people and children only.

And I certainly wouldn't shut the country off to the family in the UK who wants to take a vacation here just because they're Muslim.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #83
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So why do Muslims have to do it yet blacks are ok to not do it?

Most all urban crime and homicides are done by young black people.
They aren't. They should get rid of their Crack houses too but they don't. The difference is a good neighborhood has an effective screening process called high price. So only educated blacks come in. But your argument for me is to racist. I only used the example from the 79s to show a point. It's not a color thing. Urban blight includes all colors, just people of color disproportionately. To fix the urban problem is a whole different discussion that starts with family values, respect for authority and law, cultural, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #84
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
How do we accurately check to see if one is a Muslim?
Come from behind and whisper "allahu akhbar" and see what their response is before they see your white face?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #85
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I don't like the idea of giving them weapons. Didn't work out too well in the long run in Afghanistan.

We aren't forcing them. That's not how the process works. They have to apply here. They don't want to come here, then don't apply. Pretty easy.

Plus I have no statistics on who they're letting in, and I'm certain you don't either so you have no idea as to their educational background or their skill set.
Giving the kurds m16s to fight isis? They've always been pro western and not caused any terrorist incidents. Giving the Jordanian government f16s? We have been for years till now and they are western.

Forcing them? Yes we are. They just want to stay there and have safe zones to live in. They want to return to their homes after. They don't want to come here. But there's no other choice.

They aren't letting in Syrian or Iraqi Christianso. Those are banned. They have to be Muslim. That we do know.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #86
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Come from behind and whisper "allahu akhbar" and see what their response is before they see your white face?
You have a passport from a country with isis presence, iranian, etc. That's what he meant. Why do people need a 5000 page explanation for something so obvious then they try to pick it apart when they don't get one?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #87
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
You have a passport from a country with isis presence, iranian, etc. That's what he meant. Why do people need a 5000 page explanation for something so obvious then they try to pick it apart when they don't get one?
Banning muslims is far, far different than banning people from certain countries.

The former is unreasonable, the latter is reasonable. It is not that difficult. Trump implied banning Muslims, not banning people from certain countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #88
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Forcing them? Yes we are. They just want to stay there and have safe zones to live in. They want to return to their homes after. They don't want to come here. But there's no other choice.

They aren't letting in Syrian or Iraqi Christianso. Those are banned. They have to be Muslim. That we do know.
All of that is false. They're referred to here by the UN and even then only 1% of refugees who apply are referred to the US.

About 70% of the refugees from Syria are women and children. And while 3% of all of them ended up being Christian, that doesn't mean they're "banned".

I will never understand why those who drink the partisan kool aid will blindly believe anything that someone with a specific letter behind their name says and will just think everything someone with the opposing letter behind their name says is some massive conspiracy to trick people.

Politicians lie regardless of party and people like you just that shit up.

If I had to guess, the kool aid you're drinking this time is from Ted Cruz. While he's right 3% of them are Christians, the conclusion he draws from that, and that you apparently believe is so mindbogglingly stupid.

The UN evaluates and provides the State Department a list of recommended people to potentially take in, they don't make decisions based on what religion you are, hell they probably have no idea what religion you are.

And the 3% figure shouldn't surprise anyone, Syria is largely Muslim. It's like randomly selecting 10 Americans and acting surprised when only 1 out of the 10 are Asian.

When you realize that Syrian Sunni Muslims are the ones specifically being targeted in this war, then it really is no surprise that most of them seeking refuge would be...Syrian Sunni.

This shit isn't rocket science nor does one need to have some "liberal news" source tell you this, it's simple common sense and math.
Appreciate 1