BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

03-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Aaron Lewis Unplugged

I was completely blown away last night. Now, I haven't been to that many concerts, but this will always be my #1 concert of all time! If not it'll be tied for 1st.

Aaron Lewis is one amazing singer. I've always liked Staind, but never really considered myself a fan. I have always been a fan of his vocals though. I really don't think anyone could argue about that.

The show started at 8:15 and last until around 10:35. Just he and his guitar(s). After the first 4 or 5 songs he brought out his friend Chris. He said that they were long time friends and that the two of them played in the small bars before his success.

He played everything from Staind songs, cover songs, and unreleased (some) untitled songs. To name a few:
-Patience - GNR cover (played with Chris) - Simply amazing, I can't think of another band that I've heard cover this but it was just perfect.
-Rooster - Alice In Chains cover (played with Chris) - Many people have covered AIC songs, but to match the emotion that Layne Staley sung with is very hard. They combined vocals, a la Layne and Jerry, and NAILED IT. Terrific!
-Creep - STP cover - Tremendous job! It was very good. Can't think I've heard this covered before (I'm sure it has).
-Sober - Tool cover - Again, he nailed it. It was a great rendition.
River of Deceit - Mad Season cover - We all know the Mad Season (I believe written by Layne) version is flawless, now Seether decided to do it and FUCKED IT UP, sings the song with NO EMOTION!!! Aaron Lewis corrected it. It was a great version and one of the few guys who could pull off an emotion-filled sound to do the song justice. Nothing could top Mad Season's version of course.

Those are the only cover songs I can remember right now, I'm almost positive there was at least one or two others. Maybe not.

He actually left the stage at the end and of course everyones making tons of noise knowing he's gonna do an encore. He comes out and belts out 3 more songs. He finished the show with Sober.

One song he played, he mentioned he wrote for his wife, was awesome. I believe it was untitled and not set for an album yet. I really hope it makes it, a great song.

I can't recommend going to check Aaron out enough. If he's coming near you GO! I can't stress it enough. You'll thank me later.

Tour Dates:
http://www.gotickets.com/concert/aar...is_tickets.php

Found a video on YouTube of 'Sober' from last nights show:

Probably the best video of his accoustic shows I found.

If more videos worth posting pop up I'll post them.

Here's a few pics. Sorry they're so small, my friends camera phone is better than mine. He just didn't have them on the best setting. I should have done that for him.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
hotsand5
hotsand5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6spd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I actually just saw him a few weeks ago at The House of Blues!! and it was an amazing concet, as you stated. He also did songs that the audience requested from other artists. I have some vids on my camera phone, but I doubt that the video quality would be worth posting, the sound was great though.

-2005 Yamaha Warrior 1700 102cu"
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5 View Post
I actually just saw him a few weeks ago at The House of Blues!! and it was an amazing concet, as you stated. He also did songs that the audience requested from other artists. I have some vids on my camera phone, but I doubt that the video quality would be worth posting, the sound was great though.
Yea, it's pretty difficult to capture it in there. The one I posted from Houston came out way better than any others I found.

Everyone kept yelling out Nutshell (me included), but instead he played Rooster. Although Nutshell is one of my favorite AIC songs, he covered Rooster so flawlessly that it more than made up for it.

Guess no one likes acoustic music.
Appreciate 0