BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
7MAT
Rep
Drives: 04 BMW M3

What's the dumbest thing anyone has ever said to you about your M?

Mine happened this evening. I went to the drive thru at Taco Bell. As I pull up to pick up my food after ordering, this teenage guy pops his head out the window and says, "That is badass!" I look at him and thank him for his comment. He then says, "That body kit is sweet!"......... I start to giggle a bit (by this time like four other guys that work there are all trying to look out the tiny drive thru window at the same time), I go on to tell him it is stock, straight from the factory. He could not believe it, and comments about how fast it must be. I got a kick out of this and wondered if anyone else had any similiar experiences.
      02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
some people just shouldn't speak, Thats pretty funny though.

I had a very attractive lady walk up to me as i was loading some stuff in my mini and ask me in all seriousness if my Mini can go on the highway, i laughed and said yeah, its gone over 120 before. She was floored and asked if i felt safe in it..... i mean cmon, they have been out since 2001 and shes never seen one on the highway?

No she wasnt blonde and didnt have a ring on her finger and had a "William & Marry" college sticker thing on her window.

I would have asked her if she wanted to go for a ride sometime but her retardation made her pretty ugly

I know its not an M but i figured i would tell my story.

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Two weeks ago, BMW of Fairfax. I was looking at an E92 M3 and potentially going to trade the Z4M coupe.

Sales guy asked me which can I was looking to trade. I point to my Z4M about 10-15 feet away (just after I had detailed it, so it was purdy looking). Guy goes... "oh a Z4, ha, we won't give you more than 14k for that car." I tried to explain to him it was an M coupe, but he didn't really understand.

Then he went on to tell me how E92s are more rare than my car.

Must have been fate for me to keep the M coupe.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

i had my neighbor who is into cars, drives a C4 Vette and a 2006 Mustang GT 5sp ask me if my M3 was FWD. hmmmm oh well i guess he's one of those domestic only guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchesbass View Post
Two weeks ago, BMW of Fairfax. I was looking at an E92 M3 and potentially going to trade the Z4M coupe.

Sales guy asked me which can I was looking to trade. I point to my Z4M about 10-15 feet away (just after I had detailed it, so it was purdy looking). Guy goes... "oh a Z4, ha, we won't give you more than 14k for that car." I tried to explain to him it was an M coupe, but he didn't really understand.

Salesmen never cease to amaze me....

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Years ago I once parked my ex E46 M3 in a no parking zone in the centre of my home town for just a minute to deliver a computer or whatever. My bad. I got back and a more or less 18 year old gothic lady shouted at me to gtfoh immediately with my capitalist Mercedes....

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #7
SmartBastard
Stupid as shit
Austria
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

"Is it a diesel?" .. happend to me twice with my Z4M Coupe, once by a policeman and second time by a petrol pump employe :-/
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:

e92 m3 or Z4M.....i dont know....that Z4M look pretty damn good !

many years ago when i had e46 M3, nobody ever said anything dumb.....positive comments almost on daily basis
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3

Quote:

When I was buying my 335i the salesman was talking up his ZCP E46 M3 the entire time. The guy was arrogant to say the least. He preceded to call my E36 M3 a girls car. He also tried to say he was close with one of our partners at my firm. How one of my partners had bought 5 cars from him, a 550i being the most recent. He talked about how the guy played baseball. I just said, oh you know him? Well, he was just married and I didn't see you at the wedding.

I left the dealer and came back a week later and bought the 335i. However, I requested a different salesman because the guy was a prick.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Stopped a red light and a very attractive college girl walks by and says "Love that color on your M3", turns back and smiles at me. I was driving my 135i.

Also, at a Mazda dealership negotiating the price on my girlfriend's Mazda3, somehow the conversation turned to me and the salesperson asked what I drove and I told him I had a 135i. He quickly responded "Should have gotten a 335i, it has a bigger engine and is rear wheel drive." I did not mention the fact that I just traded my previous 2008 335i coupe for my current 2011 135i coupe.

Finally, a few years back at work, a bunch of us guys were at lunch and this one guy is bragging about his new A4 2.0T that he just got tuned. He kept going on about how fast his car was because it was turbocharged and had been tuned to make even more power. He insists that his car is the fastest in the company even though he clearly knows nothing about cars. So my buddy and I egg him on as he continues to boast. So finally I said something along the lines of "Wow, it is amazing that a tune can make so much power on a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, imagine what a tune could do on a twin turbocharged 6 cylinder engine?!?" He responds with "Oh that would make ridiculous power!!! But too bad those engines don't exist other than on Porsches." My buddy and I laugh our asses off and leave. My buddy had a full bolt-on STI and I had my previous Procede-tuned 335i coupe and we were so tempted to smoke his A4 just to shut him up.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
GmoBmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post

I had a very attractive lady walk up to me as i was loading some stuff in my mini and ask me in all seriousness if my Mini can go on the highway, i laughed and said yeah, its gone over 120 before. She was floored and asked if i felt safe in it..... i mean cmon, they have been out since 2001 and shes never seen one on the highway?

No she wasnt blonde and didnt have a ring on her finger and had a "William & Marry" college sticker thing on her window.

I would have asked her if she wanted to go for a ride sometime but her retardation made her pretty ugly

Totally Would have asked her out... Why would you not try to go for a dumb girl? Its not like your going to marry her, And They tend to be an easy lay. Smh.. if only I was there.
      02-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoBmw View Post
Totally Would have asked her out... Why would you not try to go for a dumb girl? Its not like your going to marry her, And They tend to be an easy lay. Smh.. if only I was there.
lol, yeah i do kinda regret not asking her out. She was gorgeous

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Stopped a red light and a very attractive college girl walks by and says "Love that color on your M3", turns back and smiles at me. I was driving my 135i.

Also, at a Mazda dealership negotiating the price on my girlfriend's Mazda3, somehow the conversation turned to me and the salesperson asked what I drove and I told him I had a 135i. He quickly responded "Should have gotten a 335i, it has a bigger engine and is rear wheel drive." I did not mention the fact that I just traded my previous 2008 335i coupe for my current 2011 135i coupe.

Finally, a few years back at work, a bunch of us guys were at lunch and this one guy is bragging about his new A4 2.0T that he just got tuned. He kept going on about how fast his car was because it was turbocharged and had been tuned to make even more power. He insists that his car is the fastest in the company even though he clearly knows nothing about cars. So my buddy and I egg him on as he continues to boast. So finally I said something along the lines of "Wow, it is amazing that a tune can make so much power on a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, imagine what a tune could do on a twin turbocharged 6 cylinder engine?!?" He responds with "Oh that would make ridiculous power!!! But too bad those engines don't exist other than on Porsches." My buddy and I laugh our asses off and leave. My buddy had a full bolt-on STI and I had my previous Procede-tuned 335i coupe and we were so tempted to smoke his A4 just to shut him up.
LOL that was good
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
You guys have some funny ass stories!
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #15
stopper
Person of Interest
United_States
Rep
Drives: A petrol-engine motorcar

Not a "M" story per se, but I figure I'll share anyway...

Just the other day I had just pulled into a parking lot to visit a client and was getting out of the my car when the kid whose car was parked next to mine was returning to his car. He was probably 18 or 19 and had a not-so-tastefully riced out Pontiac something-or-other (G6 coupe?). He peered over and said "Nice car man, is that the turbo charged one? How much boost are you running?". Now the funny thing is, it wasn't even my normal car, it was a loaner 2011 328xi coupe with msport pkg (my 335i was getting new turbos, warranty woo!). So I just mention this, and then just tell him my regular car has the turbos.

At this point I grab my brief case and start walking, but he evidentally took the fact that I acknowledged him as a sign that I wanted to shoot the shit with him, so he excitedly lurches into his car, pops his hood, and then swings around to the front of his car to, well, show me his engine I suppose.

I decided that I'll kindly indulge him for a few seconds before I departed, so I looked at what he eagerly wanted me to see and was greeted with a completely unkept, dirty stock engine bay with a GM 3500 motor and a warm air intake.

He proceeds to tell me that he's done a bunch of stuff to his car, "added a couple chips to it" and is "only at 400 horsepower right now"...

I say "Wow, and with only a couple chips? What kind of times do you run at the track?"

He says "Well, the car's got a governor on it. So I don't know. I'm not sure how to get it removed."

...At this point, I'm facepalming myself on the inside and if I didn't have adult things to do, I might have strung him along for a little longer for my own smug satisfaction, but alas I had to go so I said "Try not to hit 180 with this thing or you'll have to buy a bigger spoiler than the one you already have"...

Seriously, where do these people come from? I can't imagine talking out of my ass so blatantly, especially when there's a good chance the other person might clearly detect that you're being a tool.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

WOW! All of these are hilarious

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

not a M story here either but this was about a year and half ago when i had a 5 series. A neighbor who also had the same exact 5 series comes up to me and says nice car, is that a 3 series? I was so confused and not sure what to say. I wasn't sure if he was joking or for real.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
Just1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post

Are u serious? She try to hit on you
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
T_F30
BMW is just my preference.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i M Sport

this was an entertaining page all the way through haha I dont know which story to comment!

I am enjoying this site already!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Salesmen never cease to amaze me....
There are retards in every business. But I will say, idiots like that is why salesmen have a bad rep.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #21
Hurricane
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 C63 507

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [10.00]
Nice Mercedes!

It literally happens once a month. So BROKE!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Those are all hilarious stories.

I was once washing my X5 and M3 and a passersby stopped to talk about my cars. When he realized both cars had V8 engines he remarked that it was incredible that cars with same engines were so different in size and shape. I felt bad for that guy. That was a good facepalm moment.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0