BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

BPM

06-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Dynojet in Austin, Tx

I've been looking for a place to get dyno'ed for awhile now, and here are the places that don't do dyno runs for the public:

-Cobb
-BoostLogic

I tried for over 6 weeks to get someone from Elite to call/email me back, and had to actually end up going over there in person to be told that their "dyno is done for the next couple months", and that I couldn't get it done.

Finally called UpRev (www.uprev.com) and spoke to Mike. Strap down fee is $50, and then it's $75/3 pulls. I called on a Friday and got in the following Monday. I was the first E9X they've ever dyno'ed, so they asked me a few questions about what to do. I was prepared, as I had visited this post and printed it out. I also removed the engine cover prior to going, so they were very appreciative that I knew where they needed to hook up the sensor, and that I had already removed the cover. I dyno'ed in 4 gear (6MT), and all went well. I told them I'd tell you guys, so if you're wanting to get your baseline, or find out where you stand now, give them a call.

I'll be posting my results shortly.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 06-27-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0