BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

05-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

m3 vs ...

since im a dude and dont keep a daily journal of my life... ill use the forum as my way to document my life:

driving down the road in my e90 m3 the other day i pull up next to a guy in a honda s2000. he had just purchased it and had the optional hard top on it and exhaust. we were merging to the highway. as we get to the on ramp he continues at normal speed and waits until we are side by side on the highway already doing 55mph when he honks 3 times to indicate he is ready to race me with no prior acknowledgement from me that i was interested in racing his car. we're doing 55 mph... my immediate thoughts were to hold up a sign saying 'youre doing it wrong'... as he finished his 3rd honk he floors it and guaranteed he didnt break 75 miles per hour after another few seconds. maybe he should have invested in an intercooler to help his hoover vacuum make it in the arizona heat!

second rant:

driving down a 45mph residential road I get revved at by none other than a ford focus hatch back. not a modded out rally version, but a bone stock manual transmission one. I smiled at him and rolled my window up to avoid the dreadful sound of his car. he drove a dirt devil rather than a hoover.

3rd rant:

fella driving an orange c63 with gold chrome letters saying 'QTR' (qatar?) on its trunk was behind me and as I had to turn in to my neighborhood he decides to floor it past me using the method of "im going to wait until you have your signal on and are braking before i floor it at your bumper and try to clip your drivers side by barely moving into the other lane" which so many other similar cars to ours tend to do.

maybe i should have bought a more subtle color? i have lemans blue... vibrant in the day, dark and mysterious at night. getting tired of people driving like donkeys behind and around me!

at any rate... i suppose it is nice to have people recognize that our cars are a step above in class, quality, engineering, and speed.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

LOL i know exactly how you feel. here is my story sorry not trying to jack this thread since this happened years ago never thought of posting it until reading your thread.

anyways here's what happened.

3 years ago i was driving my S2000 (no that wasnt me) at 70-75MPH on FWY. Then all of a sudden i see a Integra with Turbo trying to pass everyone just to be on my left side. At this point ok first of all i just saw a Sheriff less than a minute ago and this guy is trying to race me? OK

so he looked at me and says well hes doing gestures and pressing the horn and with fingers 3 counts. So i said ok

1st honk put my gear into 5th 4th and 3rd.
2nd honk ready to press the gas
3rd honk this bitch just gunned it. with turbo spooling like crazy

Me: did not do shit i put it back to 6th gear and stayed at 70mph He didnt realized that i saw the cop. I was cracking up so bad when the cop pulled him over.

I cant blame him though my car was DD and a track car.

05-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Some idiot in an RX-8 was trying to mess around with me, he had about 4 people in his car. When I didn't take the bait he tried to "dip out" on me, the car barely moved and sounded like crap. My girl and I just laughed.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Lowest_Frequency
Audiophile
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
3rd rant:

fella driving an orange c63 with gold chrome letters saying 'QTR' (qatar?) on its trunk was behind me and as I had to turn in to my neighborhood he decides to floor it past me using the method of "im going to wait until you have your signal on and are braking before i floor it at your bumper and try to clip your drivers side by barely moving into the other lane" which so many other similar cars to ours tend to do.

maybe i should have bought a more subtle color? i have lemans blue... vibrant in the day, dark and mysterious at night. getting tired of people driving like donkeys behind and around me!

at any rate... i suppose it is nice to have people recognize that our cars are a step above in class, quality, engineering, and speed.
I see this fella quite a bit down at ASU. Every time I look at it I kinda get a queasy feeling... About the most unsubtle looking car I've ever had the dis-privilege to view in person.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Hate to say it but you sound like a bit of a snob.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
since im a dude and dont keep a daily journal of my life... ill use the forum as my way to document my life:

driving down the road in my e90 m3 the other day i pull up next to a guy in a honda s2000. he had just purchased it and had the optional hard top on it and exhaust. we were merging to the highway. as we get to the on ramp he continues at normal speed and waits until we are side by side on the highway already doing 55mph when he honks 3 times to indicate he is ready to race me with no prior acknowledgement from me that i was interested in racing his car. we're doing 55 mph... my immediate thoughts were to hold up a sign saying 'youre doing it wrong'... as he finished his 3rd honk he floors it and guaranteed he didnt break 75 miles per hour after another few seconds. maybe he should have invested in an intercooler to help his hoover vacuum make it in the arizona heat!

second rant:

driving down a 45mph residential road I get revved at by none other than a ford focus hatch back. not a modded out rally version, but a bone stock manual transmission one. I smiled at him and rolled my window up to avoid the dreadful sound of his car. he drove a dirt devil rather than a hoover.

3rd rant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
for sure. but I think that's partly his sense of humor as well. I enjoyed reading the "journal entries." I see plenty of this shit every week too, so I think most of us can relate.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

I know what you mean. When I borrowed my father's 993 Carrera S I noticed people would do the same thing. But that doesnt mean they all have some kind of complex (maybe the orange C63).

They probably just admire your car and want to see it in action.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
I know what you mean. When I borrowed my father's 993 Carrera S I noticed people would do the same thing. But that doesnt mean they all have some kind of complex (maybe the orange C63).

They probably just admire your car and want to see it in action.

LOL, if you have an orange C63 then you are probably sporting a book's worth of neuroses.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

well... I own a spaceship because i have to be able to fly to my condo on the moon... I'm the life of parties I have not attended... Sharks watch a tv show for one week out of the year dedicated to me... police question me whenever possible, mainly because im interesting... my personality is so magnetic that I am not able to carry personal electronics... i speak perfect bushman, in english.

I think I am allowed to be a snob

ha. but in all reality im just a dude working hard to play hard and enjoy a car that ive wanted to own since I can remember.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowest_Frequency View Post
I see this fella quite a bit down at ASU. Every time I look at it I kinda get a queasy feeling... About the most unsubtle looking car I've ever had the dis-privilege to view in person.
yeah man! i live on mill and see him daily on my way to work! I believe he has the front window tinted out and the side windows are for sure 20% or darker tint so I can't ever see inside... theres another dude who was from qatar that had a tuned out (overfinch kit, exhaust, satellite tv, wheels, lowered, etc) range rover sport supercharged that was the same color so I wonder if its the same guy who changed it up...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
LOL i know exactly how you feel. here is my story sorry not trying to jack this thread since this happened years ago never thought of posting it until reading your thread.

anyways here's what happened.

3 years ago i was driving my S2000 (no that wasnt me) at 70-75MPH on FWY. Then all of a sudden i see a Integra with Turbo trying to pass everyone just to be on my left side. At this point ok first of all i just saw a Sheriff less than a minute ago and this guy is trying to race me? OK

so he looked at me and says well hes doing gestures and pressing the horn and with fingers 3 counts. So i said ok

1st honk put my gear into 5th 4th and 3rd.
2nd honk ready to press the gas
3rd honk this bitch just gunned it. with turbo spooling like crazy

Me: did not do shit i put it back to 6th gear and stayed at 70mph He didnt realized that i saw the cop. I was cracking up so bad when the cop pulled him over.

s2000 looks nice man! hate to see the receipts for how much money you invested!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

So....is the C63 a Dyson?

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
With KMA367 plate frames.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0