BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #397
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Well, this just sucks to read too late after they have my money, and two of my customers money.
i wouldn't sweat it man. a few months ago they admitted some of their faults and have improved over the years. There was a ton of lambos and gtrs with ADV1 at TX2k14 and doing insane speeds at the track.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #398
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Well, this just sucks to read too late after they have my money, and two of my customers money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
i wouldn't sweat it man. a few months ago they admitted some of their faults and have improved over the years. There was a ton of lambos and gtrs with ADV1 at TX2k14 and doing insane speeds at the track.
I know it's a LONG thread, but worth a read if you're trying to defend ADV.

Cripple, this thread will only make you cringe more since they got caught in a BIG LIE!! They jump in this thread on the first page and it just goes down hill from there.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #399
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I know it's a LONG thread, but worth a read if you're trying to defend ADV.

Cripple, this thread will only make you cringe more since they got caught in a BIG LIE!! They jump in this thread on the first page and it just goes down hill from there.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608

I understand but that was 2 years ago, like I said they admitted some faults recently. They had a remaking of their brand earlier this year. I can tell you there were many super cars going 200mph on the track on ADV1's here in Houston area for TX2k earlier this year. That is a pretty good bench mark IMO. I also do have a set of ADV1's which looks fantastic, although I haven't had a chance to put it on the car yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #400
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueler View Post
I admit I didn't read this whole thread, but isn't the issue how the wheels are made, not how they look? They do have some nice styles, but I am not putting any wheels on that could be a liability.

Is that why you haven't mounted them?
I mean fantastic as in the quality of the wheels and you can see it doesn't have the faults of the wheels in the link I quoted. I haven't put it on the car because I have a pretty crazy build which you can see here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943119

The wheels won't fit without my wide body and my car isn't ready yet for that.

But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat. I don't know how these wheels would perform under heavy stress, but I have seen Lambos and GTRs going 200mph on the track with ADV1 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #401
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Doesn't seem to stop - M5 person putting 26" ADV.1s on an escalade

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989605
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #402
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
...But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat...
The thing is not just about the quality of the product. A lot of it has to do with how they have handled it. Completely and totally unprofessionally. And if they have fixed their QC issues, thats great. But their attitudes, blatant deception, and lack of customer service has tainted the brand enough so that any enthusiast that is aware will avoid their brand.

And its unfortunate because I really like the way quite a few of their wheels look. Oh well...
      05-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #403
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
The thing is not just about the quality of the product. A lot of it has to do with how they have handled it. Completely and totally unprofessionally. And if they have fixed their QC issues, thats great. But their attitudes, blatant deception, and lack of customer service has tainted the brand enough so that any enthusiast that is aware will avoid their brand.

And its unfortunate because I really like the way quite a few of their wheels look. Oh well...
well as I said, they have admitted their faults and their customer service has improved tremendously. They recommitted themselves to be a more professional company when they rebranded themselves earlier this year. I received my ADV1 wheels in under 4 weeks and the quality is great. Had no problems with customer service and did it to the specs I wanted.

People are still bringing up threads that was 3 years ago, I don't think it's fair to do so. People letting isolated threads from the past to judge the company now years later. As I said, the quality and customer service has greatly improved, otherwise I don't think I would see so many ADV1's at TX2k this year on high performance exotics.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #404
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
I mean fantastic as in the quality of the wheels and you can see it doesn't have the faults of the wheels in the link I quoted. I haven't put it on the car because I have a pretty crazy build which you can see here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943119

The wheels won't fit without my wide body and my car isn't ready yet for that.

But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat. I don't know how these wheels would perform under heavy stress, but I have seen Lambos and GTRs going 200mph on the track with ADV1 wheels.
Forgestar or any of those companies you listed never lied about being TUV certified in the first place That's the difference.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #405
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
well as I said, they have admitted their faults and their customer service has improved tremendously. They recommitted themselves to be a more professional company when they rebranded themselves earlier this year. I received my ADV1 wheels in under 4 weeks and the quality is great. Had no problems with customer service and did it to the specs I wanted.

People are still bringing up threads that was 3 years ago, I don't think it's fair to do so. People letting isolated threads from the past to judge the company now years later. As I said, the quality and customer service has greatly improved, otherwise I don't think I would see so many ADV1's at TX2k this year on high performance exotics.
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price. Feel welcome to buy ADV.1 all you like, just be forewarned that when it comes time to sell, you'll have to find a sucker to purchase them from you as any thread advertising them at a price above $800/set will call you out for selling cast iron garbage.

Anymore you don't get to run a company in such a fashion and "rebrand" without an change of the entire executive staffing, and we all know nothing of that sort took place at ADV.1. They have only worked to soil the aftermarket industry.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #406
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Forgestar or any of those companies you listed never lied about being TUV certified in the first place That's the difference.
as I said, they admitted their mistake. They listed they are TUV certified now, so if they aren't now, then yea that's pretty f*cked up. flame all you want if that's the case but to keep going back on something that happened 3 years ago is unfair to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price. Feel welcome to buy ADV.1 all you like, just be forewarned that when it comes time to sell, you'll have to find a sucker to purchase them from you as any thread advertising them at a price above $800/set will call you out for selling cast iron garbage.
I'm on the lambo forums and they sell fine, as for my M3, probably will never sell it since not many people will be able to fit 14.5" rears.

anywho, opinions won't change so I'm done in this thread
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #407
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Yeah, even HRE has problem also many years ago.
My ADV1 wheels last time are perfect and they're making a new set for my F430, should be done within 2 weeks

And if they're that bad, howcome their business has been expanding successfully all over the world?
They're making new sets every day, check it out here:
http://www.luxury4play.com/wheels-ti...beyond-44.html
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #408
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
as I said, they admitted their mistake. They listed they are TUV certified now, so if they aren't now, then yea that's pretty f*cked up. flame all you want if that's the case but to keep going back on something that happened 3 years ago is unfair to me

I'm on the lambo forums and they sell fine, as for my M3, probably will never sell it since not many people will be able to fit 14.5" rears.

anywho, opinions won't change so I'm done in this thread
Oh I just recently learned about this stuff, lol.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #409
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price.
Please show proof that ADV1 don't manufacture their own wheels.

http://adv1wheels.com/process/process.php

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #410
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
      05-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #411
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Please show proof that ADV1 don't manufacture their own wheels.

http://adv1wheels.com/process/process.php

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
They are made by MHT in California. They do not have their own facilities.

MHT even now sells a Dub.1 brand, designed by ADV.1.

It is kinda funny because the Dub.1 wheels could basically just be ADV.1 wheels. Designed by the same person made in MHT facilities.

Roll'in on Dubs...lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #412
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
My ADV1 wheels last time are perfect and they're making a new set for my F430, should be done within 2 weeks

And if they're that bad, howcome their business has been expanding successfully all over the world?
Just the fact that you posted a link to luxury4play speaks volumes to me.

ADV most likely do not even engineer their own wheels. Which is probably a good thing in their case.

TUV is great, but not all companies are TUV approved, and that does not mean their wheels are bad.

I don't think Forgeline are TUV, but they design, engineer, and build their own wheels in house. Go to any professional race series in North America and you will see Forgeline products, and they fully support those teams.
      05-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #413
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Just the fact that you posted a link to luxury4play speaks volumes to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #414
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Once you loose the public's trust, it is very hard to gain it back, even if it has be 3 years. Especially when you are playing with public's safety. I don't care that the company has changed and gotten better. It doesn't take long to prove that you are not trust worthy but it takes a very long time to earn back that trust.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #415
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Everyone and every company makes mistakes. Mistakes being honest mistakes, not lies. The key factor is how you handle your mistakes. People and companies with high integrity take ownership for their mistakes and fix them - making things right with their customer because it's the right thing to do even if it costs a lot of money to do so.

The examples of dishonesty and fixing mistakes only after the customer goes public are enough for me to never want to do business with ADV1. These aren't honest, whoops! Sort of mistakes. These are rooted in poor business and moral practices. For example, I would have respect for them if they would have said "we don't have TUV approval but here are some factual reasons why you should still buy our product". Just because something isn't TUV approved that doesn't mean it isn't high quality. Instead they chose to lie about it under pressure... Moral, honest people don't do those sorts of things, why do business with somebody like that? Especially given the owner's history of ripping off a bunch of customers when he was in charge of 360 forged.

There are so many reputable companies out there that I would much rather reward with my business. I have had great experiences with HRE and BBS. I have never had to test Advan or Volk since I haven't had any issues with their products.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #416
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:

Just remember, it's the same A-holes who ran 360 Forged and they were growing at an explosive rate, but they ripped off MANY people and ran with their money. Then people started finding out the wheels are pealing a few years later. Just because a business is growing, doesn't mean they make a quality wheel. The clientele they sell too are not going to spend the time to learn about wheels. They're definitely more about looks and the bling. Yes, it's a generalization, but it does seem to stand up more for the M5 and above crowd than the less expensive cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Doesn't seem to stop - M5 person putting 26" ADV.1s on an escalade

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989605
Tell me about it. I got the ban stick on the M5 forum because I got into it with members there when I was trying to WARN them about the dangers of ADV.
They seem to equate price and doing good business to quality. It's a different mentality up there. They were making personal attacks and I get the ban stick because they can't handle the truth!!???
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #417
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just remember, it's the same A-holes who ran 360 Forged and they were growing at an explosive rate, but they ripped off MANY people and ran with their money. Then people started finding out the wheels are pealing a few years later. Just because a business is growing, doesn't mean they make a quality wheel. The clientele they sell too are not going to spend the time to learn about wheels. They're definitely more about looks and the bling. Yes, it's a generalization, but it does seem to stand up more for the M5 and above crowd than the less expensive cars.

Tell me about it. I got the ban stick on the M5 forum because I got into it with members there when I was trying to WARN them about the dangers of ADV.
They seem to equate price and doing good business to quality. It's a different mentality up there. They were making personal attacks and I get the ban stick because they can't handle the truth!!???
Bashing paid sponsors is a no no most likely.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #418
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

You bought an f430 and went with ADV. Why? You like liars?
Appreciate 0