BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

05-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
M3Power55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 alpine White

Zymol ?

what do you think of Zymol products guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

If you use the products correctly the waxes work very well. They smell good too

20% code off zymol.com right now- Dad2011
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
M3Power55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

cool thanks alot, what products do you use everyone says zymol is the best
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Zymol is the best readily available off the shelf wax, but there are better.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

It's overpriced for what it is... There are better products that last much longer. For a pure carnauba, i suppose it's good, but still pricey!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

I use the leather cleaner and conditioner. I've been using them for many years with great results.........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
M3Power55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So if you think it is over priced, what do you recomend? and whats better than zymbol thas some what fesible?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #8
Nima PARVIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

zymol is the best i use it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power55 View Post
So if you think it is over priced, what do you recomend? and whats better than zymbol thas some what fesible?
If you're looking to order online there are a lot of products that are just as good or better then zymol for less money. Depending on color and what type of finish you like (reflective, wet look etc) a sealant like powerlock or Black Fire wet diamond, are great and more durable. P21S is imho a better wax then most of the Zymol products, so is the poorboys, chemical guys and adam's product lines. Checkout some of our site sponsors websites.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
Ridonculous
1 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

My two cents:

Zymol makes great products, but for waxes I personally prefer Dodo Juice Supernatural for my 1er. Swissvax Blau Weiss is quite good as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Lax View Post
If you're looking to order online there are a lot of products that are just as good or better then zymol for less money. Depending on color and what type of finish you like (reflective, wet look etc) a sealant like powerlock or Black Fire wet diamond, are great and more durable. P21S is imho a better wax then most of the Zymol products, so is the poorboys, chemical guys and adam's product lines. Checkout some of our site sponsors websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridonculous View Post
My two cents:

Zymol makes great products, but for waxes I personally prefer Dodo Juice Supernatural for my 1er. Swissvax Blau Weiss is quite good as well.
What these two guys said. Zymol's top end waxes are known to be good waxes, but they're very pricey. Most people say that it's not worth buying unless you're going to get Concours or better. Think or their products like high-end hand bags: won't perform any better, but certainly cost 2x-10x more than other good quality products.
If your car isn't polished out to be swirl free, you're wasting your time looking into any high end product: you'll get A LOT more out of Turtle Wax laid over a properly prepped surface than Zymol on non-prepped car.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
What these two guys said. Zymol's top end waxes are known to be good waxes, but they're very pricey. Most people say that it's not worth buying unless you're going to get Concours or better. Think or their products like high-end hand bags: won't perform any better, but certainly cost 2x-10x more than other good quality products.
If your car isn't polished out to be swirl free, you're wasting your time looking into any high end product: you'll get A LOT more out of Turtle Wax laid over a properly prepped surface than Zymol on non-prepped car.
no daily driven car will ever be 100% swirl free.
now, given that, and given that the car has been recently lightly detailed, (new car detail = foam bath, wash, clay, wax, seal etc), what do you recommend the best way to protect the paint??
      06-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
no daily driven car will ever be 100% swirl free.
now, given that, and given that the car has been recently lightly detailed, (new car detail = foam bath, wash, clay, wax, seal etc), what do you recommend the best way to protect the paint??
Not really true - it's just extremely rare and most of us already have our minds made up that if our cars are basically swirl free, we can live with them. I'm spending some time on my gf's car today and it is 100% swirl free and has been since the Fall. Of course only I have washed it, and it's only been washed 4 times, so it's kind of cheating the system by remaining dirty for so long :P

My point isn't that you can't use Zymol on a car with swirls, my point is that on a swirl-free car, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is going to look good. Much like using X-brand of make-up on Halle Berry: she'll look beautiful in anything. Revlon, Cover-girl, and whatever other brands there are.

I recommend you use whatever you'd like. I have no problem having an "expensive" wax on my car as the wax is still only a fraction the vehicle's cost. High-end waxes are something I like to play devil's advocate with, so whatever side seems to be the popular opinion in a discussion: I take the opposing view.

When it comes down to making finacial choices, "wasting" $100+ on some wax makes a lot more sense than "wasting" the money you likely did on buying an M3. High-end waxes and nice cars are both luxury items that aren't needed, but a high end wax won't eat up your money as quick as a car does. You'll spend more money in unnecessarily grippy high performance tires and unecessarily high octane fuel for your unnecessary high performance car over the next few years than you ever will on wax.
High octane fuel, high performance tires, high performance cars and high-end wax sure is nice though

Buy whatever you want. Only you have to be happy with the purchase. As long as you know the pros and cons of the purchase decision prior to handing over your money, you'll be happy in the long run with whatever you choose: from a quality sealant to a mid-priced wax, to a high end wax, to the most expensive wax (per oz) on the market in Swissvax Divine.
Appreciate 0