BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #23
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik06g35 View Post
him pulling over before hand def helped out in not getting a ticket...showing the officers repsect helps out bigtime.

even though they are j/o's.
I doubt he had a clock on him. If he did I think he would have gone lights and sirens. Maybe he was going to match his speed on the highway to get a reading, but he was already pulled over on the side of the road, so he just gave him a warning? I don't know. But to me I don't think the cop had a reading..

Again, just my opinion..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+1, if he had kept on driving, I think the officer would've turn on the siren, pulled him over, and ripped him a new one!

Quote:
him pulling over before hand def helped out in not getting a ticket...showing the officers repsect helps out bigtime.

03-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #25
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
because your seatbelt will save you if you crash at 130 mph O_o

wow is that true? are they afraid your going to speed in a plane or something, thats almost the dumbest thing ive ever heard, how is there any correlation between speeding and air traffic saftey

i would have kept on it and gotten off 2 exits away, theres no way in hell he would have been able to catch you, he would have to be atleast 20 seconds behind you
#1 No, it wont, but at least your reaction time to time of god-knows WHAT to impact and brakes applied, the velocity of the vehicle would have dropped allot and with the seat belts, a safer impact would have been 100% guaranteed,....Physics.....!

#2 YES, it is true, Do you want a pilot who has gotten multiple speeding tickets? how about a D.U.I? it all adds up to what WE call: "Situational awareness", I don't know why it such a weird fact.....it makes perfect sense to the safety of flight

#3 Hmmmmm......Maybe i would've done the same thing, but then again, we got MAP Quest directions, had no geographical orientation, we did the smart thing, it all came down to show the state trooper that we were in fact "SAFE" in most ways and respectful enough to pull over and willing to wait for him......
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #26
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Why did you pull over if there were no lights and he wasn't clearly pursuing you?

That's like wiping before you poop, it just doesn't make sense..

Glad it all worked out though, drive safely..
I dodged a ticket this way one very early morning on the PA Turnpike. Past the cop and then saw him pulling out. So I just pulled over without waiting for the lights and siren. There was no one else on the road and I knew I was toast. He parked behind me for a few minutes then pulled out and left—never even came up to my car. I suspect that he just ran a check on the lic number.

My theory, which I don’t want to test too many times, is that doing what the OP did shows the cop that you are aware of what is going on around you. And at 0-Dark:30, with no traffic, that is what really matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #27
Josh49
Major General
Rep

So how did 130 feel btw??

Solid?

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #28
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
I dodged a ticket this way one very early morning on the PA Turnpike. Past the cop and then saw him pulling out. So I just pulled over without waiting for the lights and siren. There was no one else on the road and I knew I was toast. He parked behind me for a few minutes then pulled out and left—never even came up to my car. I suspect that he just ran a check on the lic number.

My theory, which I don’t want to test too many times, is that doing what the OP did shows the cop that you are aware of what is going on around you. And at 0-Dark:30, with no traffic, that is what really matters.
Good point..

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #29
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
So how did 130 feel btw??

Solid?
Like doing 80 The car is very stable, hence its 3500 lbs
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #30
SiR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 525i, E92 335i

You were less then 10k feet, so 250 indicated or less is legal in my book.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #31
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
#2 YES, it is true, Do you want a pilot who has gotten multiple speeding tickets?
YES YES I DO, than maybe there wouldnt be so many dam delays

Quote:
This might be something we finally agree on. At 130 mph, I definitely would have taken the closest or next closest exit, got last in some backgroads (several miles and turns), and waited for an hour..
well if you get off at the first exit your short changing your chances because you havent put the maximum distance between you and the popo (which would be when he hits 130 i think), can cop cars even go 130?
      03-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #32
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post

the last ticket i got was 93 in a 70, there was no doubt he had me (dam truck was driving slow when i couldnt pass and then speeding up when the right lane was free so i spead up to pass the fucker ignoring a single bar k alert, the second i got out from behind him it went full)

i pulled over just like that, instead of letting me off, he was just real cold, :license reg" takes it goes comes back with a ticket and says good day, thats it, no lecture no why were you speeding
      03-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #33
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
can cop cars even go 130?
Some can..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #34
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer View Post
Speed all you want when you become a pilot
No, the airline will get on his ass for wasting fuel on fast accelerations.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #35
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Some can..
Wouldn't want to try and outrun the cops if that thing was behind me. Better have a Buggati Veyron if it is. Either that or the M5 from that banned rocket car commercial.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #36
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Where are you guys getting off on the post, i clearly stated after i passed him we clearly recognize the "STATE TROOPER" vehicle....... A car jacking of all things????? I can assure you at 6'2'' 225 All muscle Pounds that won't have been much of a case?????

Can you stop a bullet at 6'2" 225?
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #37
Marven
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Sedan

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
That got me out of ticket as well...never argue with the officer..just agree and nod your head..
      03-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #38
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

down with the bacon!
      03-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #39
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Quote:
Where are you guys getting off on the post, i clearly stated after i passed him we clearly recognize the "STATE TROOPER" vehicle....... A car jacking of all things????? I can assure you at 6'2'' 225 All muscle Pounds that won't have been much of a case?????
You indeed are VERY lucky for not getting a speeding ticket.

However I would of never of done that here or wouldnt reccomend it to anyone due to the fact of.

How many cop cars are stollen then pull over people, rob them and shoot them.

Drive a crown vic, buy some lights and siren pull somebody over and as soon as their over just run to the side of their car with a gun and rob them.

Its way to dangerous here to take any chance like that. Even with real cop cars iam sometimes hesitant and always go to a well lit up area (Gas station etc.)

Your a lucky one though. That ticket would of been HELL at your speed.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #40
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

I also have gotten out of a ticket by pulling over and waiting.

I was in my M3 and I hardly every take it out unless the gods have blessed it a perfect day. Regardless, it still had my shoe polished numbers from going to the track the week before.

I came flying around an off ramp to a yield sign which brings you to a 25mph road and then a traffic light about 40 yards ahead. I looked back before the yield sign and saw nobody in my lane so I just kept my speed up to get to the light. Well, halfway through passing the yield sign and into the lane I saw the black and white pulling into my lane from the other merging lane behind me.

He doesnt put any lights on as we cross the road but I just pull into the first parking lot on the right and he follows. He walks up and asks me why I pulled over. I say "Im sure you want to talk to me about something". He laughs at this and starts asking me about my car(noticing the numbers). Then he says "you were going a bit fast through the yield back there". I explain that I hardly ever take the car out and offramps are fun. I never really drive like that except for when Im at the track(hence the numbers) and dont advocate it on the street.

He then says "Ok, how about this. I run your license and if its clear, I give you a warning of some kind. If its not clear, Im giving you a ticket of some kind." I felt confident so I said ok. He comes back about 5 mins later and says, "Ok, youre clear. Now take off the rear license place holder because it blocks the state name and you cant do that. Theres your warning"

He was really cool. Actually come to think of it, all the times Ive been let off they were State troopers. Everytime I got a ticket, they were township cops.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #41
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

I haven't read the entire thread, but FYI, in Massachusetts, you can run from the police on the highways, that is, if you know the proper back roads.

Not that I'd ever do such a thing, but around where I live, there are PLENTY of foresty, twisty roads that are basically all rich neighborhoods that go around in confusing series of loops. The streets are also sparesely populated which makes traffic a non factor. By memorizing these loops, and by the use of a higher performance sports car (a 335i is more than sufficient to dust a cop car, a 330 would even do), one can easily use their knowledge of confusing backroads and the higher performance of a sports car to outrun them.

If I was on the freeway going 130mph and anywhere near one of those "twisty" exits, I'm pretty confident in my ability to outrun them and make my way back to one of many hidden areas around where I live. That is, as long as there isn't a 2nd state trooper who gets the radio call from the initial guy and is by chance in the right spot to join in the pursuit. And also, as long as no one gets your license plate, you're good. If they're close enough to get your plate, just pull over. You're done anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #42
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Mark Walhberg was fvcking awesome in that movie...
Yes, yes he was. he played a perfect typical boston accent "cawksucka" as i like to call them. also, i like the way Boston was portrayed in that movie, with the Common, state house, south station, the red line and everything. hollywood stuff doesn't happen in Boston too much so it's cool to see when it does.

i know there are others
-Blow
-The Perfect Storm
-Departed
-Mystic River

not counting the Red Sox movie
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #43
SP330
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5

That is beyond lucky. You are a blithering idiot to do that speed if your career is on the line due to any driving infractions. Hope you follow his advice.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #44
Bulldog 6
The Logistician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2007 328i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
The Devil...wait the empty road in My BMW made me do it. Your lucky dude if that had Been VA on I95 your butt would be a resident of VA state prison..
True!
Appreciate 0