BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #23
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I will be during the Summer for a project to begin in August (hopefully). If you're a talented artist and still looking around that time, I'm always looking for talented people.
Do you have a website? My brother may need a job once he finishes art school.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #24
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I feel like shit when I'm late to work...doesn't really bother me if other people show up later since the mornings are usually pretty quiet...my dad is always there when I get there though since he's old and gets up super early I don't think he knows what to do other than go to work...official start time is 7:30...lunch is less rigid and can be from 10min if I'm alone taking it at my desk or an hour if there's a bunch of us catching up on various projects etc...
+1 my dad is up before the sun, checks the cameras at the business then drives in, all before i even think about waking up for work honestly.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #25
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
if the start time is at 8...u arrive at 7:30. period. if the doors are locked, u wait in front of the door and let them see u waiting to get in.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
My job includes working nights and weekends by definition. Management knows about it, while other co-workers outside my team either don't know or don't realize it. When I roll in at 9-10-11 its not because I am lazy or not punctual, it's because I was up busting ass working till 3am, while everyone else was sound asleep.

I can't count how many times I got comments behind my back "Ha! Would you look at that? Its 11am and he is just getting here... he will probably leave at 5 too".

On top of that, I work on a university campus. Finding parking here is a bitch and a half! Sometimes it takes 30-40 minutes just to park and walk to the building. Only faculty gets priority parking. Staff is equated to students (even though we have to pay $90/mo for parking) and our parking is often given away to visitors of one of the countless conferences they have here 5 days a week.

Anyway, not even once I got shit from my boss when i'm late without a reason. He knows that I get my shit done and there is no need to micromanage me.
      04-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #27
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
You should be on time until you can answer this question for yourself. If there is ever any doubt it is better to be on time than late.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #28
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

I was always told by my old boss... turn up late to a client and it shows you dont care - and your on the backfoot already.

I hate people who turn up late - 5/10 mins i can forgive, but calling someone whose an hour away to be told 'im just leaving' when they supposed to be arriving - grrrrr
      04-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

My company doesn't micromanage. It's pretty flexible on hours as long as you're managing your time well and getting things done. Partly because we work a lot of extra hours, more than can be given back via comp time. So instead there's less concern over being late, provided you don't have a meeting or something important going on.
      04-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #30
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Monitoring attendance is NOT micromanaging. Micromanaging is looking over your shoulder and making sure aren't making mistakes AS YOU ARE MAKING them. Attendance is vital to the operation of ANY company - if you are not there when your customers (whether internal or external), you are failing.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #31
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

We own the business... but for me, I will always get to work before my employees do.

They can lag a little and I don't mind... but only if they get their work done for the day

Since we downsized, there isn't as much work nor as many employees... I make sure in the morning they're as close to open as possible, but for lunch, it's whatever...

I get extremely ticked off though if I ask for specific work to be done by a certain time and they take their lunch without finishing it...

So.. i feel that a soft start is alright once in a while, but not all the time
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #32
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

I once worked at a job that had a 9 AM start. One of my co-workers showed up 5 minutes late every day. I am very punctual by nature and this pissed me off, so I went to the boss and asked him for a free week off. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him the math of 5 minutes off every day for a year equaled 40 hours and that if douchebag Rich could do it w/o penalty, I wanted the same but all at once. He laughed at me and called DB Rich into the office. I might sound like an ass in this story, but he was a true tool.

That said, I am strictly monitored at work and we have to punch in and everything. 15 early is "on time" and penalties are severe.. I need a new job in a more laid back environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #33
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
I need a new job in a more laid back environment.
this.

My GF works cosmetics retail as a major department store. It boggles my mind how someone can go work those insane work schedule, have to punch in/punch out all the time, have their breaks monitored, get 7 new assholes ripped up for being 5 minutes late from lunch, not being able to take a vacation because of the busy retail holiday schedules, and then have their performance measured by sales per hour, dollars per sale, customers served per day, calls made per day to customers and some other insane none-sense and then smiling and kissing ass all fucking day long. If you don't meet your goal for 2 quarters in a row, you are fired on the spot, no matter if you worked at the same place for 10 years meeting your goals.

This to me, is being treated like noting more than a tool to make money. I don't understand her, but she loves that job... probably because she hasn't worked a normal job before.
      04-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Nothing chaps my hide more than being late all the time. BC (before children) I was always there at least 5 minutes early. I can't STAND it when the wife lags because she doesn't think it's important for me (as the coach) to be on time if the kids aren't going to get there on time.

Last night we had a dinner at 6. I got in the shower at 4:15 and told her to get in the car. I get out of the shower and she's sweeping the floor. I get dressed and she's picking up a room. I go sit in the car and she's picking a coat and brushing her hair. "Oh, and I forgot, we still need to go get some avocados" We got there about 5 after 6. I stood outside for a good 30 minutes and talked to the neighbor.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
Trijicon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

My work there are no check ins so you can come in at anytime, even work from home if you like, but you are expected to complete all your work and projects by it due date and at excellent quality. So its hard to be lazy, even though your at home.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #36
blueshark
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "transportation" for now

Thanks for the many great replies & viewpoints. This thread gives so much perspective to an often misunderstood concept.
Appreciate 0