BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

M seats comfortable? Got yours dialed in?

I had a 2008 535i with comfort seats that were phenomenal. I made the mistake of driving the M3 only a few months after picking up my 5. Having broken the 5k mark in my M, I can say that I am still not settled in my seat. I know it is meant to be a tighter fit, which is fine, but I find myself leaning from the lower back up and it is really starting to bother me. After driving, it takes me a little while to get straightened up after I get out of the car (I'm only 37 but did have lower back surgery about a year and a half ago).

They are comfortable seats, no question - I just cant get my seat set correctly.

Anyone else finding it difficult to get the seats dialed in?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
I had a 2008 535i with comfort seats that were phenomenal. I made the mistake of driving the M3 only a few months after picking up my 5. Having broken the 5k mark in my M, I can say that I am still not settled in my seat. I know it is meant to be a tighter fit, which is fine, but I find myself leaning from the lower back up and it is really starting to bother me. After driving, it takes me a little while to get straightened up after I get out of the car (I'm only 37 but did have lower back surgery about a year and a half ago).

They are comfortable seats, no question - I just cant get my seat set correctly.

Without the upper half of the seat contouring like on the Comfort seats, I don't think you will ever be comfortable like you want. Sorry mate.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Mine is getting there..

How do guys that are over 6ft tall find the comfort level & head space??
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKe450 View Post
Mine is getting there..

How do guys that are over 6ft tall find the comfort level & head space??
I'm 6'3" and it isn't a headroom issue. I'm fine with that. It's the hunched over feeling that the seats provide me.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post

Are you aware that the side bolsters can be moved farther apart or closer together? You might want to try movin them in and out and then adjusting the lumbar to compensate if the yare farther apart.