BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #529
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
So I see you used to have an Evo. You didn't like the way it sounded?
Nop, I "have" an Evo, it's my daily/winter beater, it has AMS test pipe, Perrin cat-back and K&N intake, it boost 26psi and I really like the way it sounds!! Just like I loved the way my A4 1.8t with GT28RS(24psi), Neuspeed exhaust and intake sounded, and also my TT225 with Neuspeed full exhaust and intake, as well as my 09 STI with Perrin intake, downpipe and catback, they are all great sounding turbo cars in my ears. I also really like the sound of the B5 S4/RS4 2.7t engine and the one from the 5cyl 2.5t from the TT RS, also any of the german V8t sound good to my ears, heck I even like the way the N54/N55 sounds, there is just something that feels cheap with the way the S55 makes its noise and no exhaust to date has been able to change that, thus why so many people compare it to a lawn moer!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  863.8 KB

Last edited by Alex07M3; 01-10-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #530
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Hateful words removed

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:21 AM   #531
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Nop, not at all, but if it makes you happy, I'm confortable with 95%(but I still think it's closer to 99, maybe even 100)!
I promised myself that I am going to buy me another E92 M3. I miss mine badly. I simply can't get over the sound of the S65 with MPE. It handily beats my Speciale all day long when it comes to sound. The only thing on the F8x platform I prefer is the suspension, but I can improve the E92 with some top grade KWs. These days, i enjoy my cars quite differently from how I used to. I don't give 2 shit about straight line speed. I care only about how entertaining the car is to drive. Feel, sound, and handling are top on my list. I will probably give the F8x another chance come LCI when they release the inevitable competition package...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:29 AM   #532
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Yea the M4's sound... Pretty terrible, like what they did with the car "mostly" but I would never be able to enjoy it simply because of the way it sounds. Especially when your use to driving a high reving v8 with aftermarket exhaust.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #533
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
Yea the M4's sound... Pretty terrible, like what they did with the car "mostly" but I would never be able to enjoy it simply because of the way it sounds. Especially when your use to driving a high reving v8 with aftermarket exhaust.
Ever driven one? They sound completely different in the inside. I guess if your enjoyment stems from what others hear outside your car....
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #534
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
You mean from the fake exhaust piped in over the speakers? Not my cup of tea, call me old fashion but I like real sound that I can hear with my window down.
I have heard them cranked up and driven off in person, also high rpm going down HWY and the sound makes me cringe. Do I care how it sounds on the outside? Of course, same as caring how your car looks which is part of buying a luxury sports car.
Its not just one thing that makes a car great, its many things added together. This new M is missing a few to many of those things to be considered great or special. Hopefully the M division will read the writing on the wall and put out a better product next year.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #535
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I promised myself that I am going to buy me another E92 M3. I miss mine badly. I simply can't get over the sound of the S65 with MPE. It handily beats my Speciale all day long when it comes to sound. The only thing on the F8x platform I prefer is the suspension, but I can improve the E92 with some top grade KWs. These days, i enjoy my cars quite differently from how I used to. I don't give 2 shit about straight line speed. I care only about how entertaining the car is to drive. Feel, sound, and handling are top on my list. I will probably give the F8x another chance come LCI when they release the inevitable competition package...
Wow, coming from someone with a garage like yours, it says a lot!! My M3 with a blower is probably the closest thing I'll ever get to owning an exotic and earing what you just said confirms even more that I should not let it got for a long while!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #536
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
You mean from the fake exhaust piped in over the speakers? Not my cup of tea, call me old fashion but I like real sound that I can hear with my window down.
I have heard them cranked up and driven off in person, also high rpm going down HWY and the sound makes me cringe. Do I care how it sounds on the outside? Of course, same as caring how your car looks which is part of buying a luxury sports car.
Its not just one thing that makes a car great, its many things added together. This new M is missing a few to many of those things to be considered great or special. Hopefully the M division will read the writing on the wall and put out a better product next year.
What is the writing on the wall? The national back order?

It's actually fake intake noise. If no one told you it was there you would have never known.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #537
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ever driven one? They sound completely different in the inside. I guess if your enjoyment stems from what others hear outside your car....
Kind of disturbing to think that on one side there is you who dislike the sound of MPE on the E9x while at the same time there is this 458 Speciale owner who absolutly praise the sound of the S65 with MPE and even dare to say he likes it more then its own Ferrari, probably the most appreciated exhaust note in the world of exotic cars.

Says a lot about the subjectivity of people's appreciation for exhaust notes! Or it could simply makes us wonder if some people are'nt just being of bad faith, specially when you see that there are two consensus(S65 = one of the best sound, S55 = one of the worst sound) and that this same person goes against both, and even more so when you know which car this person owns, just a thought!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #538
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Kind of disturbing to think that on one side there is you who dislike the sound of MPE on the E9x while at the same time there is this 458 Speciale owner who absolutly praise the sound of the S65 with MPE and even dare to say he likes it more then its own Ferrari, probably the most appreciated exhaust note in the world of exotic cars.

Says a lot about the subjectivity of people's appreciation for exhaust notes! Or it could simply makes us wonder if some people are'nt just being of bad faith, specially when you see that there are two consensus(S65 = one of the best sound, S55 = one of the worst sound) and that this same person goes against both, and even more so when you know which car this person owns, just a thought!
I never said the S65 sounded bad. I said I didn't like the MPE. I like the way both cars sound. Goodness you like to twist shit.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #539
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
IMO the E92 m3 sounds good in youtube videos, sounds good inside the cabin, sounds good with windows down.

the F80 sounds terrible on youtube videos, sounds better with windows up inside the cabin where most of the sound enhancement is going on, sounds little better than the youtube videos from the outside, when you hear it in person. overall nothing to talk about though.

Face it, the F80 may be better in single every category. but its never going to match a N/A V8 in sound. IDK why you cant just let that go.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #540
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
IMO the E92 m3 sounds good in youtube videos, sounds good inside the cabin, sounds good with windows down.

the F80 sounds terrible on youtube videos, sounds better with windows up inside the cabin where most of the sound enhancement is going on, sounds little better than the youtube videos from the outside, when you hear it in person. overall nothing to talk about though.

Face it, the F80 may be better in single every category. but its never going to match a N/A V8 in sound. IDK why you cant just let that go.
Because exhaust sound is subjective and guys like Alex discount the entire car because of the exhaust note. I can 100% understand how someone likes the E9x exhaust note. But to say the F8x is a failed car because of the exhaust note is silly.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #541
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post

I know why, because he just bough a 5k exhaust that only enhanced the lawn moer sound of his 75k car, hard pill to swallow!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #542
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Because exhaust sound is subjective and guys like Alex discount the entire car because of the exhaust note. I can 100% understand how someone likes the E9x exhaust note. But to say the F8x is a failed car because of the exhaust note is silly.
i wont say the car is a fail. I mean lets face it. Many people are not bothered by the fact the engine was downsized. All they want is the power. BMW made a car that a lot of people like and will buy.

for me i think the F80 sounds like shit, and cant buy a car that sounds like shit. no matter how fast it is. Thats Just ME though.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #543
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know why, because he just bough a 5k exhaust that only enhanced the lawn moer sound of his 75k car, hard pill to swallow!
I didn't pay anywhere close to 5k for my MPE first off. Second as I've said before. I had driven the car many times with and without MPE before I bought it. I knew what I was buying and I'm very happy with it.

Enjoy your car and my old KW V3 . I'm going to retire from this side of the house now that all my parts are sold.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #544
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't discount the entire car only because of the sound, but sound is one of the main problem for sure, then there's the look of the front end that is not slick at all which I don't like, and finally there's the philosophie of having a high torque turbo car with the engine on the front and only the rear wheels to give it traction that I find not so appealing.

And finally, I have a blown E92, what you want me to do with an F8x!?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #545
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't discount the entire car only because of the sound, but sound is one of the main problem for sure, then there's the look of the front end that is not slick at all which I don't like, and finally there's the philosophie of having a high torque turbo car with the engine on the front and only the rear wheels to give it traction that I find not so appealing.

And finally, I have a blown E92, what you want me to do with an F8x!?
JB4 S55 should handle your VT1 no? I really don't know but I thought so. Now that real tunes are coming out who knows what will happen...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #546
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
JB4 S55 should handle your VT1 no? I really don't know but I thought so. Now that real tunes are coming out who knows what will happen...
Could go like this?
Attached Images

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #547
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Could go like this?
Yeah cause no one has ever wrecked an E92 being a moron.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #548
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I didn't pay anywhere close to 5k for my MPE first off. Second as I've said before. I had driven the car many times with and without MPE before I bought it. I knew what I was buying and I'm very happy with it.

Enjoy your car and my old KW V3 . I'm going to retire from this side of the house now that all my parts are sold.
Curious to know how much you paid for your MPE with tips, I though they were selling between 4500 and 5000 depending on the choice of tips, I know that's what I paid.

And thanks, I really enjoy the V3s, , the car looks even better with the lower drop and is much more composed with them, exactly what I needed, now let's upgrade to VT2-625 and keep this car for life!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #549
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
My VT1 should be about equal with a stg1 F8x, but I'm manual, a DCT would have no problem beating it! But power is nothing without traction and a tuned F8x really suffer in that department!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #550
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My VT1 should be about equal with a stg1 F8x, but I'm manual, a DCT would have no problem beating it! But power is nothing without traction and a tuned F8x really suffer in that department!
I drove Aznboi E92 GPOWER kit for over 500 miles(500rwhp). It had plenty of traction problems itself... lol.
Appreciate 0