BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

C63......Forget about it.........

I'm a big fan of the new Mercedes AMG "S" and "CL" class.

No doubt, they are a great combo of killer looks, interior luxury and brute power that makes me wish I had an athlete's salary.

The new "C" class is a whole different story.

Naturally, with all the new M3 naysayers that have begun camping out here on M3 Post...... all their bashing and blistering remarks and now their almost instantaneous love affair with the new C63 I just had to make a local trip down to my nearest Benz dealer and see what at least it's lesser sibling is like.

Well, apparently Chrysler's departure from Benz hasn't been fast enough because the interior of the new "C" is straight from a Dodge parts bin and is then made in black so hopefully you won't notice it's the cheapest interior Stuttgart has ever made.

Sad really.

Cheap plastic is EVERYWHERE.

Now you may be saying, "dude, that's just a C350 sport- the C63 will be on a whole different level."

Well, one of the joys of being a human and having conscious thought is that I can imagine............and if I just imagine it had a 450HP plus motor and smooth leather seats then "bingo"- I now have a C63. Still has the cheapest most plasticky interior out there and Benz is wanting at least 66k or higher for it......

Basically if I wanted an ultra-cheap interior, gobs of power, and the ability to SLIGHTLY beat a new M3 I'd be looking elsewhere.

One positive note- the new C350 comes with a black headliner as standard- I wish all 335/535/550 etc did as well..........it looked very good....
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

perhaps you imagination is not sufficient? This looks pretty good to me
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_04.html

Especially compared to the pics I've seen of the c350.

As for the price, have you seen anything official? or is 66 a guess?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT

The interior of the C63 looks generations more modern and of a much higher quality than any photograph of the M3 interior that I've seen to date. In fact, interior styling and materials quality is an area that the M doesn't appear to be able to hold a candle to the AMG.

If you had said the M3 will beat the AMG in driving dynamics DESPITE nearly equivalent straight line acceleration numbers and the Benz's vastly superior interior, I would have considered your argument a little more closely. However, I just think you're out of your mind with ///M badge blindness to say that the M3 has the superior interior make-up.

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Fifth gear thought highly of the built quality for new C class.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
The interior of the C63 looks generations more modern and of a much higher quality than any photograph of the M3 interior that I've seen to date. In fact, interior styling and materials quality is an area that the M doesn't appear to be able to hold a candle to the AMG.

If you had said the M3 will beat the AMG in driving dynamics DESPITE nearly equivalent straight line acceleration numbers and the Benz's vastly superior interior, I would have considered your argument a little more closely. However, I just think you're out of your mind with ///M badge blindness to say that the M3 has the superior interior make-up.
It sounds to me like his opinion is based on actually sitting in a C350 and looking at design and the materials used. I think that is more reliable by far than looking at pictures on line or in a magazine to reach sweeping conclusions that one interior is "vastly superior" to another.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
It sounds to me like his opinion is based on actually sitting in a C350 and looking at design and the materials used. I think that is more reliable by far than looking at pictures on line or in a magazine to reach sweeping conclusions that one interior is "vastly superior" to another.
Yes you are correct- I have spent time with it......

It amazes me that posters like "aerisolphaln" and others will make comments about "badge blindness" when they have more than likely never even gone to look at the new "C" but take a magazines word for it.

Do I like the new M3? Yes. But I also like some of Mercedes' products as well.
My point is- the feel, texture and quality of the cheap interior will NOT change in the C63. Sure, it will get upgrades as I mentioned earlier in my post- Smooth, rich leather seats.......But the dash plastic/console- the door plastic, the control knobs, etc. will all be the SAME........Cheap.

I am no BMW whore and never will be- I own an Audi S4 for pete's sake!
(Ooops, did I just say that?) Anyways, if you read my very first sentence in the post I heap praises on AMG- so it has nothing to do with an overaffection for certain cars from Munich.

So for you C63 lovers out there go down to your local Benz dealer and check the C350 out. If you love it, then great- you will love the C63 and you obviously have a fetish for cheap plastic.

Also, is it possible I may not like the new M3 once I check out? Sure.

But.....

I have spent a considerable amount of time in both the E90/E92 335i and like them both and feel the new "M" will just be an extension of their good qualities. Whereas unfortunately for the new C63- if it takes a lot from the C350 then I know people who are shopping for this kind of vehicle will be dissapointed.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

I have sat in a new C class and yes, it does feel cheap inside.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
I am going to the C drive next weekend. I will take some photos for you folks.

Here's an interesting side note:

http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/01/cx_...0&boxes=custom

No flame please. I am BMW fan myself.

Last edited by Robert; 08-13-2007 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
jpm3
Private
Rep
Drives: (sold) 02 E46 M3 Avus Blau

Quote:
This is good to know, 1 BIG DOWN for my 2nd choice (C63 AMG). Hate plastic feel int...

bobbo --- that would be great to see some pics and your comment would be much appreciated.
      08-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #10
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
If you had said the M3 will beat the AMG in driving dynamics DESPITE nearly equivalent straight line acceleration numbers and the Benz's vastly superior interior,
Interior affects driving dynamics? WTF are you smoking?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
I am going to the C drive next weekend. I will take some photos for you folks.

Here's an interesting side note:

http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/01/cx_...0&boxes=custom

No flame please. I am BMW fan myself.
Electronic reliability and quality of materials are two totally different things.

I wasn't surprised at all by what forbes said about the 5, I thought it was common knowledge the BMWs are plagued with small annoying electronic problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #12
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Interior affects driving dynamics? WTF are you smoking?

Where does it say that, you moron?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 06:39 AM   #13
dakulov
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 AW

Hello, everyone. I am also considering these two cars: M3 and C63. And exterior is a question of taste here I think. Both are ok (though I prefer the bimmer), but the interior is a different story. I did sat in a new c350 and dind't like the plastik of the front console either. It was a C350 with AMG styling and white/black front console. It looks and feels very cheap compared to 335's. After that I saw a C350 classic with beigh console and interior and it looked horrible to me. Really.
In fact it's strange we get such a big gap in the quality of materials between c-clase and e-klasse. It' would be great if MB changed the plastik. But It seems very unlikely. Unless it will be possible to order a leather front console.
(Like in M5 for example).

BTW, here in Russia a reliable guy from MB dealer told me I can order c63 in october for january production. M3 m-dct will be produced only in spring and dealers can not confirm the production month... However two manual M3 has already been sold to the lucky bastards. May be they were intended for promo use, but dealer didn't care about that. Sorry off-topick flood.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #14
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Where does it say that, you moron?
The quote clearly associates interior with driving dynamics. Learn to read.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #15
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
The quote clearly associates interior with driving dynamics. Learn to read.
Yes it does. I apologise. You are not a moran, and ironically I am infact the moron. I'm just used to people on here being a bit stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #16
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes it does. I apologise. You are not a moran, and ironically I am infact the moron. I'm just used to people on here being a bit stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
That is hilarious Tob!!
      08-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:

I have no idea how similar or dissimilar the C63 interior quality will be compared with the C350, but I can tell you that the C350 has a poor quality interior relative to other cars in the same price range. If you don't believe me all you need to do is get out from behind your computer screen and go to the MB dealer and sit in the car. It will be quite apparent do you at that point.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #20
Mikeyyyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 Hamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
I have no idea how similar or dissimilar the C63 interior quality will be compared with the C350, but I can tell you that the C350 has a poor quality interior relative to other cars in the same price range. If you don't believe me all you need to do is get out from behind your computer screen and go to the MB dealer and sit in the car. It will be quite apparent do you at that point.

-Adam
agree totally
Sat in a C320 last month, full of cheap plastic
Go and see for yourself
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #21
heyimsexy
Private
Rep
Drives: e36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Do I like the new M3? Yes. But I also like some of Mercedes' products as well.
My point is- the feel, texture and quality of the cheap interior will NOT change in the C63. Sure, it will get upgrades as I mentioned earlier in my post- Smooth, rich leather seats.......But the dash plastic/console- the door plastic, the control knobs, etc. will all be the SAME........Cheap.

im an MB tech, i work with all these cars everyday...i can tell you with great certainty that there is a big difference in paneling on ALL the AMG models.....go sit in an e350, and then hop into an e63....its almost like a whole different car.

66k is more than double the price of a c300, that price gap wouldnt just be for the engine.

expect suede and leather everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimsexy View Post
im an MB tech, i work with all these cars everyday...i can tell you with great certainty that there is a big difference in paneling on ALL the AMG models.....go sit in an e350, and then hop into an e63....its almost like a whole different car.

66k is more than double the price of a c300, that price gap wouldnt just be for the engine.

expect suede and leather everywhere.
Heyyoursexy, or something like that.
I nominate you for the creative and confident name award. I'ts obvious you have spent a few too many hours working with Benzs.
Appreciate 0