BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

07-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

If some on this post believe its a stereotype that 17 yr old drivers aren't as mature or experienced to drive a 400 hp car on public roads, lets go look at the business facts.

Anyone who has car insurance knows that the car premium on the same car for an 17 yr old driver will be much higher then for say a 37 yr old driver. Is it due to a stereotype or for the fact that insurance companies look at the stats and the averages and they know that the odds are much higher that the 17 yr old will be in an accident sooner or later. And when its a car with sporty traits like a cayman s or an m3, the premium for an 17 yr old driver will be sky high.

Yes, we all know that any car, with any driver behind the wheel can be in a serious accident. But lets all be honest on this board and say what is the truth, when you drive a car with that much hp, years of experience in driving motor vehicles and maturity are the two greatest factors needed for safe motoring. Giving a 17yr old (which I presume will be his/her first car) a car with that much power is just a really really bad idea.

As someone else wrote on this post, a 17 yr old will have many years to get into an M3 or Cayman s later on. Its definitely more sensible to drive a less powerful car now and first get some years of experience on the road. My two cents.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
Safarii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
If you dont drive fast you dont need a fast car. If you do drive fast your too young too and you dont need a car that will kill you.
okay you know what, i dont care what you guys think of my maturity. I am going to get one either way. Like i said i just wanted to see opinions so i have an idea before i go drive one. YOu guys saying that i should get a certain car over this is not going to change my mind. I will go fast if i want, i will go slow if i want. I am not an idiot when i drive. Yes i understand that i need to be responsible. I JUST WANT OPINIONS ON THE CARS, NOT MY MATURITY. I STILL DO NOT GET HOW YOU GUYS CANT GET THIS IS YOUR HEAD.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #25
Safarii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: nice

whatever. this is an immature post anyways. and i knew from what i just wrote someone would put what you just did gator. BEcause I DONT CARE what people think of me is immature. AM i supposed to be Mature and care what people think about. that is what your saying Gator by making those words big.
and what is so immature about saying i am getting one either way. I have been giving a life where my parents can afford and want to buy me this car. I even have asked them why they want to buy me this car and they just say because. I never asked for them, I was offered and why should i turn it down?

i know this is goign to be picked apart also...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #26
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safarii View Post
sorry i have blessed life haha
Jesus says to get a Porsche blessed one.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #27
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

The thing is that upgrading can be a thrill. Honestly after getting an M3 you will need to get a F430, GT-R,911 to be happy. Rich people will never understand nor get that feeling of trading in your beater for a decent car than for something better and so on. Go with a (normal car) and go buy an ATV or Watercraft have fun with them for a while. If I was a rich kid I would go buy a Ridgeline and an ATV or dirt bike. In a few years buy a 335I and after that get the M3. No matter how rich I am in the future my kids won't be spoonfed. I can already feel my heart pumping when I think about the day that I will pick up my M3(this coming winter)!!!I will sport a kool aid smile all the way back to me place. I can't wait(5 months to go).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #28
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

This has got to be a troll. Nobody could be so blatantly self-centered.
Quote:
okay you know what, i dont care what you guys think of my maturity. I am going to get one either way.
If the OP was seriously interested in learning the difference between the two cars, they would not have posted it this way from the beginning. Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I have been giving a life where my parents can afford and want to buy me this car. I even have asked them why they want to buy me this car and they just say because. I never asked for them, I was offered and why should i turn it down?
Why don't you ask them? What kind of relationship do you have with them?

Okay, on a more positive note, a local kid here just returned Thursday from sailing around the world solo. He's only 17. The youngest to ever do it so far. His parents were very supportive (and nervous about the trip) but thought it would be a really positive experience. And to learn to depend on nobody but yourself (and he bought the boat with his own money.)

The kid did a press conference and he sounds like a solid person for a 17 year-old. He said it's changed his whole view of life and the world. It took him 13 months.

Kid's name is Zac Sunderland (from Thousand Oaks, CA) Very cool.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3460856.story
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread