BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

04-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Photoshop help

Now, I don't have an M3, since I'm far from affording one at this time, but am always a big fan. Ever since the E92 M3 concept was displayed, there were arguments about the looks coming from both sides. On one hand, it looks so aggressive and amazing, and the other side, there were certain elements that didn't flow right.

Among the items in question, obviously the mirrors which look like dumbo ears, and the rear bumper, which some people have said looks almost like an afterthought, and shows in clear view the mufflers. Now, don't get me wrong, I think the new M3 looks amazing, and have seen it in person already. However, as beautiful as it looks, IMO, there are a few things that could have enhanced it to make it flow just a bit better. So I was thinking, what if the front bumper was modified so it's more in line with the front bumper of the M6 and the M-sport bumper for the non-M coupe? Instead of the lines for the front air-intake dam meeting the lines from the hood creating an "X", have the 2 sets of lines flowing almost parallel to each other, like 2 "V"s on top of each other? Catch my drift? I've searched around and haven't found any p-shops that tried this. Does anybody have a few minutes to spare to give that a shot? Just wanted to see what that would look like.

Thanks!
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Gimme a sec...
      04-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick and rough chop, but I think you mean like this:

04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Too similar to the M-sport. I like the way the M-sport turned out and if I'm honest the M3 has REALLY grown on me.

The only things I have issues with are the mirrors (dumbo ears, as you stated), the rear diffuser looks fussy/complicated from a distance, and the powerdome is a little big and isnt parallel to the hood.

Oh yeah and I also have an issue with the sidevents on certain colours. They look weird and tacky on dark colours but look great on Alpine white, SSII etc.

Overall, as I said the M3 has really grown on me. CF roof isnt tacky in real life. Infact it makes the car look better and compliments the smooth roofline. I also love the front bumper and 19s.
      04-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

WOW!!

That was a fast turnaround! Thanks!

Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind.

But looking at it now, yeah, doesn't look as good, actually tones the aggressiveness down a bit. And actually after seeing it, I do realize the shape of the front bumper has grown on me a lot. The M6/M-sport style doesn't give off the aggressiveness on the M3. On the M6 it's pure sex, but just doesn't work quite as well here though.

Thanks for the pchop tho...that was great!
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah....the orange reflectors in the US version definitely has to go!

Lucky for you european owners, don't have to deal with that ugly disaster.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

No probs I agree and +1 on the reflectors!