BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

BPM

06-25-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 bro

FS: Evolve X-Pipe - Bolt-On Primary Cat Delete

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Time to move on from my Evolve X-Pipe. This thing is outstanding. Bolts on, deletes the primary cats, and sounds godly. I ran this with my OEM muffler and still turned heads every day. You don’t see these available often.

This has been on my car for 5000 miles. I am the second owner. Originally purchased and installed by a bloke in London. This has been removed from my car and is boxed and ready for delivery/shipping.

Retail Price: $2500
Link: http://www.evolveautomotive.com/evol...x-pipe_508.php
Stock Image: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8194/8...a6849af9_z.jpg
Unbiased M3Post-er’s Review: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=891096

Performance - Wow. Such fast. Very gains. I didn’t dyno so you will have to rely on Evolve’s stated claims. I believe them. The car pulls so hard at redline that you are happy to shift to avoid losing control.
Sound - I had this paired with an unmodded OEM muffler and it sounded amazing. Stock-quiet when you when you want it to be, screaming V8 when you’re on it. No drone. Downshifts just rip. This is the perfect middle ground. And in my opinion, this sounds better than any one single rear section.
Quality - Supersprint manufactures this exhaust in their facility in Italy. Nuff said. The welds and quality are top notch.
Fitment - This bolts on using OEM hardware. No adapters, weird clamps, or welding necessary. Moving on.
Condition - 9/10. No bends, kinks, dents, rust, scratches, scrapes, or damage whatsoever. I can’t give it a 10/10 because it’s not “new”.

Price - $SOLD. Let's call shipping $150, anywhere in the continental US.
If it costs less than $150, I'll refund you the difference. If it costs more than $150, I'll cover the difference.

FAQS:
  1. Q. Is this catless? A. No. This simply removes the primary cats. The Evolve X-Pipe has 200cell secondary cats and resonators.
  2. Q. Will this cause a CEL or SES? A. Yes. No primary cats will do this every time. You will need a tune or an Akrapovic Delete-R to eliminate the light.
  3. Q. Is this the same thing as "Test Pipes"? A. Not quite. This flows better than the OEM x-pipe as the design is better streamlined. The added bonus is that you get to keep your OEM X-Pipe in tact.
  4. Q. Will my car pass SMOG/Inspection with this on my car? A. If your state simply does an OBDII check for "Readiness", you will pass provided you have a tune or the Delete-R (mentioned above). If your state does a "sniff test", it is very unlikely that you will pass. This is where keeping your OEM X-Pipe in tact will come in handy.

Last edited by Emm Tree; 06-28-2015 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep

And now ... the good part. MEDIA.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Evolve Automotive
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 . E90 M3

bump for you
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I thought they were 200cpi cats?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #5
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I thought they were 200cpi cats?
Right you are. Post has been corrected.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
thgem72
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I own this as well and would echo above. Caveat, I do not have experience with other after market exhaust options on the M3. I do have experience with after market on an RS4 and this exhaust DOES NOT DRONE AT ALL (not even a little bit). Factory exhaust on an RS4 can drone at idle when open for reference if you have experience.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
dlaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

This is how all sales posts should be done.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thgem72 View Post
I own this as well and would echo above. Caveat, I do not have experience with other after market exhaust options on the M3. I do have experience with after market on an RS4 and this exhaust DOES NOT DRONE AT ALL (not even a little bit). Factory exhaust on an RS4 can drone at idle when open for reference if you have experience.
Thanks for the support. This piece really is awesome. I was bummed to take it off the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaw View Post
This is how all sales posts should be done.
Thanks for noticing. Detailed posts lead to informed buyers. Informed buyers are usually the happiest.

Last edited by Emm Tree; 06-26-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 01:09 AM   #9
Emm Tree
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sold.
Appreciate 0