BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

11-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
JPatrick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
I do read read binary.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #24
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick View Post
A few slightly off topic questions for TTG and 1MORELAP (and any other Seattle area car owners).

How do you feel about ZCP or, more specifically, the 19 inch wheel package now that you have been running around the Seattle area for a while? In the city of Seattle, where I live, the roads are pretty crappy. The Eastside (where I work), the roads generally are much better. But Seattle (now with its anti-car mayor) is a concern.

TTG, you did not get the premium sound system? Also, I see you got the power rear sunshade. Has it been useful?

Thanks!
I live in Seattle and the 19 inch wheels are just fine around town. To be honest I feel a very small ride quality difference between the 189's my 335 had and the ZCP wheels.

I listened to both sound systems and could not really feel a $1900.00 worth of difference. One thing I can tell you for sure that the optional sound system is nothing like the Logic 7 I had on my previous car. I loved that system. There are bunch of discussions on this topic..... Base system is good enough for me and it sucks the fact that M3 doesn't come with somthing nicer.

I love the shade. It is one of those little options that sets the car a part from others. I don't like getting the windows tinted and the shade is quite handy with a touch of a button when needed. I have it up most of the time during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
Very true. I can't afford any M3 and bought a Subaru instead. Nothing beats the sound of disappointment when I turn the key each morning.

The upshot is, last week's snow did trap me at home at all. Wait... that isn't an upshot...
Subs..... There is nothing wrong w/ them at all. Legacy Sedan is my daily driver and I love it.....(this is my 4th Legacy) I did not see M drivers around town during the snow storm.....unless whey were in a ditch For practical matters, I will dump the M before I get rid of the Subaru.

It is a great car to have in PNW.......

2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #25
JPatrick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks. I (we) have a Subaru Outback. Drove it over I90 pass during the snow. No problem.

Yes, the sound system seems overpriced for what it is. You would think BMW would offer a killer system.

I'm supposed to do a test drive this weekend. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #26
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick View Post
I do read read binary.
Are you a developer as well?
      12-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Subs..... There is nothing wrong w/ them at all. Legacy Sedan is my daily driver and I love it.....(this is my 4th Legacy) I did not see M drivers around town during the snow storm.....unless whey were in a ditch For practical matters, I will dump the M before I get rid of the Subaru.

It is a great car to have in PNW.......
I agree, it is a great car to have in the PNW. I suppose I wouldn't hate it so much if I had another car that I wanted as opposed to one I had to buy out of necessity. Alas though, 2 kids, mortgage and a minivan don't allow for that right now. I still have the dream though!
      12-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #28
JPatrick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
Are you a developer as well?
Sorry. Missed this message. Yes I am. Who is Brian and why do you want to deallocate him?
Appreciate 0