BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread

04-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

An Invitation from 360 Forged...

So, I expressed interest to 360 in participating in something that, would allow them some honest press/review of a new customer experience, and secure me a set of wheels. Miguel and I negotiated for a bit over private messaging, and agreed on something. They would offer me a set of wheels, at cost, and I in return would document my experience here on the forum. They’ve asked me to be honest.

A few things obviously stood out, in what I understood about 360 –
- The wheels are amazing and totally beautiful – there’s very little denying that.
- Obvious customer service issues. From terrible turn-around times, to bad communication.
- Company troubles? Hearsay? Truth? Most likely, both.

Conversations began, and have been limited to Miguel. I’ve enjoyed my communications with him. He’s appeared mostly responsive, helpful, and genuine as much as I can tell at this point. I understand there’s been some major reorganization to the business. He’s told me the following –
- They’ve been bought by another company and new management has stepped in. The new parent company is called Forged Distributing. This company also owns Modular Concepts (and a couple other wheel manufacturers), and apparently all the companies that fall under 360’s name. Jordan evidently has been "retained" on temporary contract.
- They are guaranteeing delivery times set to “4-6 weeks”.
- Hardware issues have been improved (center caps, bolts/fasteners). This includes all stainless bolts (standard) with the option of ARP or Race Titanium fasteners ($350/$800 respectively) <photos below>. Center-caps also have a new look and design – new billet aluminum caps with locking o-ring design. <photo below>
- I was asked to not disclose the negotiated price. The invoice is also shown below. I simply thought it was a nice/helpful visual – nothing more.

My desire and interest in this arrangement was, first, obviously, to find myself a new set of 360 wheels at an affordable price. Second, I think 360 knows they are SCREWED on these forums, and their business/customer reputation is SHIT. They produce an amazing product, but realize they’ve got huge work to do to rebuild any positive reputation. And, I think it’s something like this, or with others doing the same (if any) – being taken through the buying experience with them that will begin to repair some of the angst we feel when thinking about a possible purchase from them.

The obvious previous customer’s on-going issues, is the tender part of this deal for me - and, I mean them no disrespect by entering into such a deal with 360. However, not knowing any of these individuals personally, it’s a hard place to find myself.

Obvious things that stand out –
- Turn-around time, I hope, is within the stated guaranteed window of completion time – and, I’d hope represents other current/future customers. They are not “rushing” my order, just placing it in the queue for production.
- Will I receive special treatment? Not certain, but to some degree, I’d have to assume since the intent is to document the experience.
- I think they just wish to prove the process works, and it’s still a viable organization. They want to prove the changes they are making structurally, makes a positive difference to the customer experience.

I wish them luck. I congratulate them on the initial step of a turn-around. I hope all customers are getting attention, both current and past. I’m positive I’ll be slammed by many – but, I’m attempting to be open and honest thru the experience, and to share it.

Christian

Center Caps -

Stainless -

ARP -

Titanium -

A91 Edition Supra | Armytrix | Rays
M3 Saloon | Akrapovic EVO | B&G Sport
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen ID M52-R | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL [SOLD]

Last edited by REP1KRR; 05-04-2009 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

This seems like SPAM to me.
If you got the wheels on time, then it would be worth posting.

Also, tell them to credit PunjabiM3 here and we'll start paying attention.

Also, ask them why they kept the guy who ran the company into the ground and caused this mess?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

I don't want to slam you. But how can you honestly give a honest review, when you got a special deal for the wheels. I'm sure they, will build your wheels on time and make sure they are perfect; just to try and rebuild their credability! I am sure if i ordered a set I definately would not receive the same treatment. Don't get me wrong their wheels look amazing, but after all the bad press, I would never purchase a set of wheels from this comapany; HRE will get my buisness saving up for some P40's. HRE has amazing products also but a rock solid buisnes foundation. The person that was kept on staff would have been shit canned, if I was running the company!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Those centre caps with o'rings are same as i got with my wheels in Feb 09, when did they change hands?

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
labelexec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Matte Black RSSport M3

Agreed. This review has been bought.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

This is a stupid and totally pointless thread. Good for you for getting a sweet deal on your rims in exchange for trying to rebuild 360's credibility...but it would have been much smarter to not reveal the fact that you've essentially been bought by 360. Because we all know the facts behind the deal, you've wrecked your credibility and no matter what you post about your experience, people are going to take everything you say with a grain of salt.

It is also pretty sad that 360 is giving out deals on their products in exchange for members coming on the forum and giving them positive press.

This keeps getting better and better...
      04-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Well I wish 360 well, I hope they get their sh*t figured out.

I bought Neez instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Oh believe me that I will post once I get a refund. I asked them for the refund almost 4 weeks ago now. The only way I am going to get a permanent refund is hopefully once my CC company has looked thoroughly at the matter and has all the facts in front of them. 360 Forged, even with their new owner, has not taken any steps in contacting me or stepping up and issuing the refund themselves.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
REP1KRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
This seems like SPAM to me.
If you got the wheels on time, then it would be worth posting.
Not sure how this might be construed as Spam. I've been a member for quite a while, and have contributed in many threads, including my own. I've also shown my own car off on a few occasions with my own modifications. Spam? Probably not the best term to use to describe the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Oh believe me that I will post once I get a refund. I asked them for the refund almost 4 weeks ago now.
Disappointing, for sure. I'm sorry for your continued troubles PJi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trier Germany View Post
I don't want to slam you. But how can you honestly give a honest review, when you got a special deal for the wheels. I'm sure they, will build your wheels on time and make sure they are perfect; just to try and rebuild their credability! I am sure if i ordered a set I definately would not receive the same treatment. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
This is a stupid and totally pointless thread. Good for you for getting a sweet deal on your rims in exchange for trying to rebuild 360's credibility...but it would have been much smarter to not reveal the fact that you've essentially been bought by 360. Because we all know the facts behind the deal, you've wrecked your credibility and no matter what you post about your experience, people are going to take everything you say with a grain of salt.
So, by lying and being deceitful my credibility would be better? I disagree. My attempt in this whole thing will be to be completely honest about the experience. Being "smarter" as you state implies some attempt on my part to be deceitful, and that's not what I'm attempting to be. I'll try to make that clear. I completely agreed that I may not represent everyone to follow after me - that will be up to them, but it does send a customer through their "new" process - to show off the many changes & improvements they feel they've made, and produce a set of wheels (again, "improved") to the customer in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelexec View Post
Agreed. This review has been bought.
It's really not though. Absolutely, I got a great deal. But by saying its been "bought", it implies I've been bought in the things I'm willing to say about them and the experience. I will share my experiences openly and honestly as possible. That may help them, or hurt them. Whatever it is, its going to be straightforward. I don't think it does forum members any service for me to lie, nor will it serve 360 at all in the long run - it would only serve me in getting a set of wheels on my car. Hopefully, not everyone will believe this exercise is purely for gain. I'm VERY much looking forward to my Spec5's , but am I going to lie and cheat and, essentially, steal to get them? Very much, no.

More to come. I'll try and post regularly.

M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen ID M52-R | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
Not sure how this might be construed as Spam. I've been a member for quite a while, and have contributed in many threads, including my own. I've also shown my own car off on a few occasions with my own modifications. Spam? Probably not the best term to use to describe the situation.

From Wiki:

Quote:
Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast mediums, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, Online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, and file sharing network spam.
Again, once you get your wheels, you'll have something to post. Even then, it'll only show they can get the wheels out on time if they REALLY need too, at least on a one time basis.
OP, I hope you get your wheels the way you ordered them. I REALLY like the look of the 360 wheels, but why would they keep the guy who ran them into the ground on staff???
If they're going to keep the name, then they need to take care of the people who have been screwed by 360 Forged... unless they're in bankrupcy protection.

There have been a LOT of 360 bumps of OLD threads lately on many boards.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Of course they're going to be on their best behavior. We already know what the outcome is going to be. What makes the OP think this purchase and review will be same for those before or after you?

It's like walking into a restaurant and telling them your a food writer and will be reviewing their service, what sort of service do you think you'll get? Do you think it's necessarily the same level of attention Joe Drool gets?

"...360 delivered on time, I luv them, everything's cool now, get your credit cards out boys, I was not paid for this endorsement, just a satisfied client..."

More 360 drama...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
REP1KRR
Rep

Anyone else see this come into their email inbox today? Looks like they're about to make some public announcements of the reorganization.

Forged Distributing, Inc.
Exclusive International Distributor for 360 FORGED, MODULAR CONCEPT & SYSTEM FORGED
We are proud to announce our position as the US and International distributor of 360 Forged, Modular Concept, & System Forged. We have invsted heavily into these companies to ensure smooth operations, reliable turnaround, and excellent quality. Forged Distributing guarantees on time delivery, warranty coverage, and product satisfaction. We have carefully chosen to carry these brands as they are up and coming power players in the wheel market and we feel that with the proper financial backing and sales structure, together we can create and sell some of the best quality wheels on the market today.

Modular Concept
MC is a small, Miami based wheel company who has provided a long list of clients with reliable, high quality custom built and finished forged 3 piece wheels. Their reputation for quality and individuality is second to none. MC forged wheels are custom built to fit any application and finish, and truly define the definition of a custom built wheel. Our goal is to bring Modular Concept into the main stream as we have provided them with the capability to become a higher volume wheel company, catering to the individual who wants something "different".

System Forged
A new company currently with 3 styles and more on the way. The goal of System Forged is to provide a high quality forged 3 piece wheel for a very reasonable price. Custom sizing and finishing is available, and LIST prices start at only $1112.50 / wheel. System Forged is a high volume forged 3 piece wheel company capable of producing over 100 sets / monthly. They're style and quality is comparable to the leading manufacturers today, however their efficiency and manufacturing methods allow them to be very competitively priced for a fully forged 3 piece wheel.

360 Forged

One of the strongest up and coming wheel brands in the industry today, 360 is now poised to take over a large segment of the market with clean, classic styles, exotic finishing, outstanding appearance and now believe it or not, reliable turn around time! You all know the product, so no need to get into details.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

I got the e-mail.

-Andy
      05-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
labelexec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Matte Black RSSport M3

If you polish shit, it's not going to turn to gold. It's still shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
edcvin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5 | 2011 M3 | 2020 X3M

Wow, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in saying your intentions are good..but getting special pricing makes this review much more subjective than objective. For the people who've spent their hard earned money with them I hope everything is resolved appropriately for all parties. Aside from one or two instances, I haven't heard anything really bad along the quality lines of the wheels which is a positive. However, spending over 5k+ on wheels is big for me and I want reassurance and proper treatment throughout the process which I've received and then some with my wheel company. I told them the date I needed the wheels, they confirmed that they could make the deadline and I received the wheels as per the agreement.
I have a friend who was told his wheels were going to be in on May 1st from 360. He has yet to receive his wheels and was reassured they would be here this week. I'll follow up once he actually does get them. However, this leads me to believe that 360 still doesnt have it right. If I were them I would be overstating the estimates to cover any "potential issues" that may delay production time while working to get the wheels to the customer before that date. However we have to take into consideration that things are easier said than done.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Anyone else see this come into their email inbox today? Looks like they're about to make some public announcements of the reorganization.

Forged Distributing, Inc.
Exclusive International Distributor for 360 FORGED, MODULAR CONCEPT & SYSTEM FORGED
We are proud to announce our position as the US and International distributor of 360 Forged, Modular Concept, & System Forged. We have invsted heavily into these companies to ensure smooth operations, reliable turnaround, and excellent quality. Forged Distributing guarantees on time delivery, warranty coverage, and product satisfaction. We have carefully chosen to carry these brands as they are up and coming power players in the wheel market and we feel that with the proper financial backing and sales structure, together we can create and sell some of the best quality wheels on the market today.

Modular Concept
MC is a small, Miami based wheel company who has provided a long list of clients with reliable, high quality custom built and finished forged 3 piece wheels. Their reputation for quality and individuality is second to none. MC forged wheels are custom built to fit any application and finish, and truly define the definition of a custom built wheel. Our goal is to bring Modular Concept into the main stream as we have provided them with the capability to become a higher volume wheel company, catering to the individual who wants something "different".

System Forged
A new company currently with 3 styles and more on the way. The goal of System Forged is to provide a high quality forged 3 piece wheel for a very reasonable price. Custom sizing and finishing is available, and LIST prices start at only $1112.50 / wheel. System Forged is a high volume forged 3 piece wheel company capable of producing over 100 sets / monthly. They're style and quality is comparable to the leading manufacturers today, however their efficiency and manufacturing methods allow them to be very competitively priced for a fully forged 3 piece wheel.

360 Forged

One of the strongest up and coming wheel brands in the industry today, 360 is now poised to take over a large segment of the market with clean, classic styles, exotic finishing, outstanding appearance and now believe it or not, reliable turn around time! You all know the product, so no need to get into details.
I'm confused...so they just made up a new organization to be in charge of all three?
      05-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

What kind of idiot would think that by giving 1 guy a good deal and doing what they're supposed to do once would make us forget what a scandalous company they are? That is so far beyond fucking retarded I dont even know how to respond. Especially considering the only reason they did it was so that this person would write a nice review about them. They have to pay people to write nice reviews about them. Thats how shitty and dishonest they are.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #18
REP1KRR
Rep

Well, my wheels were suppose to ship last Tuesday. This was the guaranteed ship date and completion date. As I understand, centers are just arriving. This means they still need to be painted and installed in the wheel/lip.

Obviously, I was pretty disappointed to hear of the delay. This was my 6-week mark. Miguel was a bit difficult to get a hold of for the last week, but we finally spoke today. He informed me the production manager has instructed the 10% discount to be applied because of the delay - just as it was stated and guaranteed on the original order/invoice.

Although disappointed about the add'l two weeks added to production time, I'm very satisfied of how they took care of it and communicated the delay. I think the add'l discount is fair.

For now, fingers are crossed. I'm hoping they make true to the new ship date. I'm glad the communication is happening, and I'm glad to see the accountability.

Just a simple update. I'm sure the haters will continue to bash. It doesn't really matter - I just hope it helps others who might be still considering 360.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #19
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Another 2 weeks....man that blows...I'm very impatient...it'll really be something if your 2 week delay gets even further delayed. What happens then? 20% discount? It's sad a company has these self imposed penalties for delayed delivery of product.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #20
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

Miguel was on vacation last week. I have been dealing with Jordan, the owner, on my 360 debacle for the last 2 weeks. 360 had said that my wheels would be fixed and shipped out last Monday, and here I am, still with no wheels. No one can get their stuff together there. The owner, Jordan, can't even ever tell me if my wheels have shipped. No one ever can. Last week he told me they shipped, and I should relax, and then this week he told me they never shipped, and they were built wrong again. Anyways, I will post my whole story soon enough...

-Andy
      05-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #21
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Well, my wheels were suppose to ship last Tuesday. This was the guaranteed ship date and completion date. As I understand, centers are just arriving. This means they still need to be painted and installed in the wheel/lip.

Obviously, I was pretty disappointed to hear of the delay. This was my 6-week mark. Miguel was a bit difficult to get a hold of for the last week, but we finally spoke today. He informed me the production manager has instructed the 10% discount to be applied because of the delay - just as it was stated and guaranteed on the original order/invoice.

Although disappointed about the add'l two weeks added to production time, I'm very satisfied of how they took care of it and communicated the delay. I think the add'l discount is fair.

For now, fingers are crossed. I'm hoping they make true to the new ship date. I'm glad the communication is happening, and I'm glad to see the accountability.

Just a simple update. I'm sure the haters will continue to bash. It doesn't really matter - I just hope it helps others who might be still considering 360.
LOL

The fact that 360 can't even get their shit together for a biased review in their favor is just hilarious. What an absolute piece of shit of a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiles View Post
Miguel was on vacation last week. I have been dealing with Jordan, the owner, on my 360 debacle for the last 2 weeks. 360 had said that my wheels would be fixed and shipped out last Monday, and here I am, still with no wheels. No one can get their stuff together there. The owner, Jordan, can't even ever tell me if my wheels have shipped. No one ever can. Last week he told me they shipped, and I should relax, and then this week he told me they never shipped, and they were built wrong again. Anyways, I will post my whole story soon enough...

-Andy

Didn't you insist on ordering 360 Forged even after the whole shit storm broke? You get what you deserve I guess.

If it wasn't you, sorry. I might be mis-remembering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelexec View Post
If you polish shit, it's not going to turn to gold. It's still shit.
+1