BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #23
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
has anyone found a place that does the dinan software at a discounted labor rate? my dealer wanted $80 i think and i'm not paying that. i think dinan's annual sale comes around in october each year... should be good for about 15% off. not sure if software is included or not.
So there is a labor cost on top of the Dinan charge for the DCT tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #24
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockz View Post
So there is a labor cost on top of the Dinan charge for the DCT tune?
yes. my car is at the dealer for a few minor warranty things and i figured i would have the dinan dct tune done since its just $150... it was about $245 after tax and labor. i thought it was bs since some guy is going to plug it in and hit a few buttons. i'll shop around.
      07-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #25
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Quote:
yes. my car is at the dealer for a few minor warranty things and i figured i would have the dinan dct tune done since its just $150... it was about $245 after tax and labor. i thought it was bs since some guy is going to plug it in and hit a few buttons. i'll shop around.
Just hit up Alex@Alpine, it's the same software....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #26
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
i don't have anything against mike, and i plan on using him for services in the future, but i don't see an $800 value there- no thanks.
Evolve offers ECU and dct tune for $900 or so FYI.

http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/bmw-3...-ecu-tune.html

I'm very satisfied with both. Dct software improves cold bucking and down shift jerking a good bit. Not happy starting in d2 but other than that its worth the $$.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #27
theproskater
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 ///M3 LMB

I just got the Dinan DCT tune last week. I've only had the car for a few weeks, and was tired of the jerky feel when coming to a stop in D modes (sucks for stop-and-go traffic). I also happen to have a Dinan shop like 2 miles from my house so I figured why not.

The first thing I noticed after the tune was how much faster the shifts felt, especially at WOT (and they were definitely fast before). The actual shift happens in literally the blink of an eye, and there's much less of a jerky feeling. Some shifts are barely even felt, which is different from the stock software that slammed you back in your seat at redline shifts (kinda miss that feeling tbh). Also, there's pretty much zero lag when doing multi-gear downshifts. As soon as I've pulled the paddle a second (or third) time, the car's in gear. Finally, the jerky motion when coming to a stop is gone as well which I was very happy about!

I'm sure this tune is virtually the same as all the other GTS DCT tunes, but for $149 ($220 out the door) I think it's definitely worth it. Dinan also updated my DME software for free which was pretty awesome!
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #28
BMWRINO
hi.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan, 2004 530i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37° 16.837, Longitude W 121° 50.461

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproskater View Post
I just got the Dinan DCT tune last week. I've only had the car for a few weeks, and was tired of the jerky feel when coming to a stop in D modes (sucks for stop-and-go traffic). I also happen to have a Dinan shop like 2 miles from my house so I figured why not.

The first thing I noticed after the tune was how much faster the shifts felt, especially at WOT (and they were definitely fast before). The actual shift happens in literally the blink of an eye, and there's much less of a jerky feeling. Some shifts are barely even felt, which is different from the stock software that slammed you back in your seat at redline shifts (kinda miss that feeling tbh). Also, there's pretty much zero lag when doing multi-gear downshifts. As soon as I've pulled the paddle a second (or third) time, the car's in gear. Finally, the jerky motion when coming to a stop is gone as well which I was very happy about!

I'm sure this tune is virtually the same as all the other GTS DCT tunes, but for $149 ($220 out the door) I think it's definitely worth it. Dinan also updated my DME software for free which was pretty awesome!
Thanks for the feedback on the DCT tune and your experience at Dinan Campbell. Is there anyone specific you recommend I ask for at the Campbell location? I’m in the area as well.

2011 M3 Sedan — Le Mans Blue | DCT | Competition, Premium, Technology Packages
2004 530i — Sapphire Black | Sport, Premium Packages | DPE R07 20x8.5, 20x10 | H&R Coilovers | Remus Quad Exhaust | M5 trunk spoiler, trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | ACS style roof spoiler, diffuser | Hamann style splitter | HID 8000K | MTECv2 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #29
azndrunk74
Major
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F10 M5

I'm surprised more people don't load the GTS tune at home using WinKfp. It's fairly painless..20 minutes and done.
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #30
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
I'm surprised more people don't load the GTS tune at home using WinKfp. It's fairly painless..20 minutes and done.
They would if you post the DIY.

And tell them where to get the source code.

And realize that all those "______...for Dummies" books are a requirement for some of us!
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2015, 02:32 AM   #31
Silverwolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

azndrunk74 are you also running the GTS tune on your e92? Do post a DIY and if that is too much, I would be more then willing to swing by since I'm also located in the Bay Area

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 04:27 AM   #32
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm running the Dinan one. Had it for a couple weeks now so I paid the $150 price. At that price it is definitely worth it. Slowing down, downshifts and traffic are much smoother. S5 shifts faster than it did before too. Downside is it starts in D2, but one paddle click or push of the nob and its in S4, which is what I always had it set to anyways.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #33
azndrunk74
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
They would if you post the DIY.

And tell them where to get the source code.

And realize that all those "______...for Dummies" books are a requirement for some of us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
azndrunk74 are you also running the GTS tune on your e92? Do post a DIY and if that is too much, I would be more then willing to swing by since I'm also located in the Bay Area
yes i am currently running the GTS tune on my e92. i also loaded it on my buddy's car.

would anyone know if there would be a legal issue with me posting the DIY and providing the GTS file? to be honest i pulled the file and DIY from *********** but for some reason they removed it. no idea why.
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #34
Inf4life
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
yes i am currently running the GTS tune on my e92. i also loaded it on my buddy's car.

would anyone know if there would be a legal issue with me posting the DIY and providing the GTS file? to be honest i pulled the file and DIY from *********** but for some reason they removed it. no idea why.
Probably because it would take away business from a paying sponsor.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #35
azndrunk74
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
Probably because it would take away business from a paying sponsor.
yup you're right. i also just realized the website name i typed was automatically censored. guess that answers my question..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #36
theproskater
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 ///M3 LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRINO View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the DCT tune and your experience at Dinan Campbell. Is there anyone specific you recommend I ask for at the Campbell location? I’m in the area as well.
I didn't get a chance to really talk to any of the techs at the shop, so I can't recommend anyone specific. They seem to run a good shop though, the service area looked clean and there was a nice waiting area with free drinks and a tv.

The cool thing about the shop is that they do all sorts of regular BMW service as well, not just performance stuff. Might be a good alternative to the stealership, not sure how their prices compare though.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #37
ShoNufff
Who's da masta?
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to put in my 2 cents. I just got both the Dinan DCT and Performance engine software performed on my M3. It is by far the best bang for your buck. My M3 drives so much smoother and no more jerking forward when coming to a complete stop. Can't really feel the extra power it claims but the throttle response and acceleration are definitely noticeable.
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50