BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-30-2011, 03:23 AM   #221
Bluechipper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_FTW View Post
I have seen plenty plenty dyno graphs as well as had my own cars dynod. You will never ever get a linear gain like the OE/Gintani one is showing. They fucked with the dyno settings. Plain and simple.

From what i have read about OE/Gintani being involved in lawsuits, Jeremy stealing PC files etc. They dont seem like anyone I would like to do business with. ESS/AA FTMFW
Funny you mention stealing files. When ESS was trying to tune PG's stroker, PG mentioned ESS had downloaded Powerchip tune from a customer's car.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #222
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Thanks for the on-topic post ()

Now back to the issue: Are we ever going to see any comprehensive comparative 3rd party data, or is it just going to be 10 more pages of, "You're only out to get me because I'm the best" crap?

Put something together guys.
I think dyno'd results of a product of theirs at an independent dyno would be quite on-topic - that's why he mentioned he's getting an exhaust. Then we could actually look at some facts instead of endless pages of personal jabs at people, like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
I know this has nothing to do with just a tune but here is a 3rd party dyno on my car @ Autowave.

1st graph is with Eisenmann Race muffler and AFE Air Filter.

2nd sheet is with the Gintani Supercharger @ 5.5psi and Akra Evo Exhaust (100 cell cats) making 512whp.

Then a video of my car dyno'd @ Gintani @ 7psi making 512whp. So you have a 3rd party dyno showing gains, and also shows that it read the same whp at Gintani with more boost, so theirs reads lower, as Autowave uses an 11% correction factor...and my car dyno'd around 465whp at Gintani when I was at 5.5psi.

This doesnt prove anything just sharing some old facts
I think this shows quite a lot.... Gintani's dyno is actually showing a lower number than the other dyno, not exaggerating the HP gain as one would be lead to believe by this thread.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #223
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
I have read alot in the past few months regarding the E9X M3 tuner 'feud'. It's hard to know who to believe, so I can't really comment on that. I have my own opinions on which company makes the most 'power' and is the 'safest', but it is just my feeling so I don't want to skew the buying public by commenting on the issue.

However, I can present these facts regarding the GINTANI EXHAUST PRODUCTS, coupled with a POWERCHIP CUSTOM TUNE. I believe it is a third-party dyno.

Hope this helps. Thank you Nawaaz for doing this research; if you would like the quote removed let me know.
70 Wheel horsepower from exhaust, pulley, and tune (almost 90hp at crank assuming 20% drivetrain loss)? That makes this seem fishy all over again, that's a lot to claim on this car....
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #224
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflukeiii View Post
I think dyno'd results of a product of theirs at an independent dyno would be quite on-topic - that's why he mentioned he's getting an exhaust. Then we could actually look at some facts instead of endless pages of personal jabs at people, like you said.
Do you think dyno results of an exhaust system would really prove anything worth while? (although at this point, it's probably better than nothing). What we need is the OE vs PC dyno shootout, and then compare data

M33 & 1cleanM3....you guys are like the Bloods vs the Crips. Mods are gonna whoop your asses.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax

Last edited by Kyoshi71; 03-30-2011 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #225
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I have no doubts Gintani can make products that produce power. My only question and I believe the topic of this thread, is have they put out a manipulated/fake dyno graph? If so then why? And if they did and got caught then the pieces will fall where they do. If that graph proves to be real/unmanipulated then they will shine. It'll prove they have the best tune.
      03-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #226
tinpot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflukeiii View Post
70 Wheel horsepower from exhaust, pulley, and tune (almost 90hp at crank assuming 20% drivetrain loss)? That makes this seem fishy all over again, that's a lot to claim on this car....
Nawaaz's results are legit: the dyno’s were completed at an independent shop in Dallas when Jeremy wasn’t present. Nawaaz’s car had the Gintani race catback with catless x-pipe and made 500 hp at the crank – by far the biggest gains from the PC group buy.

This is all irrelevant as the topic of this thread is about the apparent discrepancy of the dyno chart posted by the OP which doesn’t seem to have been answered after 11 pages of posts.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #227
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Do you think dyno results of an exhaust system would really prove anything worth while? (although at this point, it's probably better than nothing). What we need is the OE vs PC dyno shootout, and then compare data

M33 & 1cleanM3....you guys are like the Bloods vs the Crips. Mods are gonna whoop your asses.
True, I was just looking for any sort of results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
Nawaaz's results are legit: the dyno’s were completed at an independent shop in Dallas when Jeremy wasn’t present. Nawaaz’s car had the Gintani race catback with catless x-pipe and made 500 hp at the crank – by far the biggest gains from the PC group buy.

This is all irrelevant as the topic of this thread is about the apparent discrepancy of the dyno chart posted by the OP which doesn’t seem to have been answered after 11 pages of posts.
500hp? That's amazing from those modifications alone, that's in-credible.... Gintani only claims 20-30 hp gain on it.

Last edited by jmflukeiii; 03-30-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #228
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

wow, if you google Gintani and Sticky video, there's quiet a thread on m3forum that pops up.
      03-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #229
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
wow, if you google Gintani and Sticky video, there's quiet a thread on m3forum that pops up.
The video has been disabled though, right?

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #230
Aries932
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
For the Record you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever :: phew ::: Deep Breath :: ever ever ever get a straight answer from Gintani and the threads always die out with Gintani Ninja Turtles trying to bail them out
Clearly when people who have gintani products confirm that they actually do make the gains they are claiming and then one actually provides a dyno of them doing just that....that is the "ninja turtles" bailing them out..

Not satisfied customers disagreeing with you.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #231
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Raz,

I can understand your frustration. In any professional environment, there will always be times where your intergity, knowledge, and competence will be challenged. The better you are, the more you will be challenged. That's just the nature of business. How those challenges are dealt with is what sets the best apart from the rest. Being the best is never easy because everyone wants to knock you off the top of the hill. If you feel that your product is the best, eventually that fact will come to light provided that the requests of the paying customers and the non-paying viewers are addressed. Unfortunately, the non-paying viewers hold just as much or more influence on your business than the paying customers. That's just how it goes in an internet based business. I hope you and your company can provide whatever it is that will provide your legitimacy and then we can all move on. Until then, this will just turn into the giant snowball that never stops.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #232
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post

+1 on Autoscope location in Dallas

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #233
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3

wow, crazy that there STILL hasn't been a response from Gintani addressing the OP's allegations. Is that an answer in itself?
      03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #234
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Did this thread just die on the vine?

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #235
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Did this thread just die on the vine?
I think so. That's not too good for Gintani/OE then, I'm assuming. Let's be optimistic here though. Maybe there working out the details with PC about the challenge .
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #236
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

I really only hear good things about the OE tunes. If in fact this dyno was manipulated the situation needs to be handled quickly and professionally. The last thing they need is a bad dyno graph ruing the image of what's supposed to be a good product.
      03-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #237
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
I really only hear good things about the OE tunes. If in fact this dyno was manipulated the situation needs to be handled quickly and professionally. The last thing they need is a bad dyno graph ruing the image of what's supposed to be a good product.
For sure...I was about to pull the trigger on the OE tune, too. That is until THIS thread came about. Now, I'm not so sure...We'll see, I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #238
powerchip
Rep
Drives: MMM

If James is up for it we can head to the dyno shop he picked and do the comparison with his current tune vs the tune that was installed in his car previously. We can do a seperate event to see whose dyno tune is better but this would help get something tangible out there and show definitively what's taking place.

If you'd like to schedule something give us a call
949-646-1026
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #239
inandout
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4 Rings

Quote:
Jesus... i went through 50+ pages of thread about Gintani... holy s#it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #240
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerchip View Post
If James is up for it we can head to the dyno shop he picked and do the comparison with his current tune vs the tune that was installed in his car previously. We can do a seperate event to see whose dyno tune is better but this would help get something tangible out there and show definitively what's taking place.

If you'd like to schedule something give us a call
949-646-1026
i am definitely up for it and jeremy has noted that he will participate in the challenge as well.

I am currently awaiting contact from mike to set up a good time frame
and see if that works with the OE/Gintani people

Stay tuned
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #241
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
For sure...I was about to pull the trigger on the OE tune, too. That is until THIS thread came about. Now, I'm not so sure...We'll see, I guess.
To be completely fair, it's not like the OE tune is going to cost you power or even equal the stock tune. It's going to be an improvement over stock regardless, so you really shouldnt let this thread sway you to that degree.

We all know that the standard OE tune for our car is good. What's in question here is the dyno chart, which if manipulated, would point to shady business practice more than anything else. So why would they do it?? Simple; if a customer is on the fence between 2 or 3 different tunes and the dyno shows a (figuratively speaking) 20hp gain @ 3,000, the decision isnt really going to be so difficult and that would drive business.

Quite frankly, if anything ever comes out of this thread, it should be that even with the most common vendors that float around this forum, information provided should be questioned.

In short, whatever is proven by this thread doest help/hurt PC, OE, Gintani or anyone else specifically.....It hurts everyone because trust is gone.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:21 AM   #242
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:

In short, whatever is proven by this thread doest help/hurt PC, OE, Gintani or anyone else specifically.....It hurts everyone because trust is gone.
This, and way too much drama. As a result, 3 vendors I would not do business with.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread