BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

06-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #45
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Mothefucker just went all Shakespearean. Damn.
That's a gross defamation Shakespeare's work. A proper effort would have included at least one pun, and should be readable in iambic pentameter.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #46
i001947
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Nice pics. Too bad you don't know somebody else that owns a black E92 to balance the those Reds
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #47
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt.BLU View Post
Nice car tdott, you need to come out to the meets. I want to check out those Work VS in person.
Thanks, definitely plan to try to make it out to some. When I was at Eurocharged BBQ I saw your car and asked a few guys around it if they were Matt that owns the car, but they all said they wished that was their car, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESTNDA416 View Post
Great pics like always Tdott
Thanks J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmax View Post
To recap, it is your position that positive comments are welcome and negative feedback is forbidden. Yes? If this is the case, please clearly mark your threads in the future so we know where we can and can not speak our minds.

As for constructive criticism, it is my humble opinion that 5/6 of these vehicles should be parted out. You know which ones.
Not at all, I never did say anything was forbidden. In fact, I said to keep sharing your opinion. I merely thanked those who offered polite comments and constructive criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I appreciate the effort to elevate the level of discourse, but I think you may have overshot the mark. Nothing about my language is in the 17th century style.

How are we to have a discussion about taste without asserting that anyone's taste is better than the other?

In my opinion, the design inspiration for the M Roadster draws from cars like the 1930's BMW 328 roadster.

If we're looking for an uncommon choice of wheel, why not follow those lines? Cars of the type and period that the M Roadster draws from had two types of wheels: wire and steel dish type (sometimes with lightening holes). The baby moons on this car are similar, but they have too much of an American hot rod look, IMO.

That's my take. It's not that I think they're ugly wheels. I think they're pretty cool wheels. I just think their application on an M Roadster is out of place.
Thanks, I was just enjoying some witty banter. No hard feelings. You are actually one of the first to make that correlation online, owner and I talked about that. They are American, but they do have a bit of a modern flare I feel with the deep dish and polished lips. While not a perfect rendition to the 1930s Roasters, you can see there is some inspiration there, take a look at some 1937ish 327s and you'll see the chrome baby moon like rim/center cap used. Add that with the fact that these wheels were easily obtainable and fully customizable diameter, width and offset for a good price. I can understand why the owner went with these.

The owner has had 4-5 different sets of wheels on there, from BBS RSs, BBS RCs to custom widened steel wheels, I'm sure this won't be his last, he likes to change things up alot.

Last edited by tdott; 06-04-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #48
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Thanks, I was just enjoying some witty banter. No hard feelings. You are actually one of the first to make that correlation online, owner and I talked about that. They are American, but they do have a bit of a modern flare I feel with the deep dish and polished lips. While not a perfect rendition to the 1930s Roasters, you can see there is some inspiration there, take a look at some 1937ish 327s and you'll see the chrome baby moon like rim/center cap used. Add that with the fact that these wheels were easily obtainable and fully customizable diameter, width and offset for a good price. I can understand why the owner went with these.
Right on.

Well would you look at that. Most of the ones I see have spinners on the caps, but it looks like there are quite a few sporting the baby moons. Pretty cool, really. Very obscure.

Boy, it is too bad the cut-outs in those wheels weren't circles instead of elongated circles. Could really change the look. The whole setup makes more sense with the additional context though
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #49
Mystikal
Registered
Rep
Drives: N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z8chP View Post

Those imola reds...

I really like that the M roadster has wheels that set it apart from every other typical rim choice. I personally wouldn't choose them but I dig the execution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
Love the Roadster! Other rides are sweet too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
I knew people were going to hate on the M roadster on this forum. Looks good imo so many in here are afraid to be original.
Thanks guys! I mod my car to make myself happy. And it does that in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Though I dont get along with the owner of that car, I must say, the rims look good, and even better in person.
Thanks, but from my recollection I've never spoken to you in my life, either online or in person. You were at my driving event just a few weeks ago from what I recall; if we didn't get along you had a chance to talk about it then. But again I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know you.

Quote:
If the driver of that red sneaker put 12" wide wheels on because he/she likes them, why is he/she hurt when others voice their disapproval? Clearly he/she thought to him or herself when purchasing said wheels, "Hmm. Haters gonna hate."
Seeing as this is my first post ever here, how do you know that I am hurt? I could be dancing right now. In fact I am. Great music on.

Quote:
In my opinion, the design inspiration for the M Roadster draws from cars like the 1930's BMW 328 roadster. While the fenders are blended, they're shapely, and follow a curved flow that is distinct from the somewhat inset body panels. The wheel arches and rocker flow together, suggesting the appearance of running boards. The kidney grills are narrow and are given an upright appearance by the hood-lines that further the visual separation of the fenders.

If we're looking for an uncommon choice of wheel, why not follow those lines? Cars of the type and period that the M Roadster draws from had two types of wheels: wire and steel dish type (sometimes with lightening holes). The baby moons on this car are similar, but they have too much of an American hot rod look, IMO. They remind me of the kind of wheels you'd see on a 1930's Ford. I suppose that would make this car a design inspiration mash-up of American ideas from a similar time period to the continental cars of that time.

That's my take. It's not that I think they're ugly wheels. I think they're pretty cool wheels. I just think their application on an M Roadster is out of place.
Quote:
Right on.

Well would you look at that. Most of the ones I see have spinners on the caps, but it looks like there are quite a few sporting the baby moons. Pretty cool, really. Very obscure.

Boy, it is too bad the cut-outs in those wheels weren't circles instead of elongated circles. Could really change the look. The whole setup makes more sense with the additional context though
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #50
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Lmfao @ the airhead claiming all but the ZCP are ruined. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. It must be devastating living such an unimaginative life.

Mothefucker just went all Shakespearean. Damn.

What? That was such a poor attempt at being funny. :/
lol I was wondering when you were going to chime in.

Last edited by Havok_2011; 06-04-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #51
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's a gross defamation Shakespeare's work. A proper effort would have included at least one pun, and should be readable in iambic pentameter.
omg lmaoooo

Ill give you all this much...this is an entertaining thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #52
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Other than the unmolested MW ZCP (where are the CF parts btw), these cars have been ruined.
What?!?! I dont see how any of them are ruined...some serious hate for no reason....

Smoke more weed, it will keep you calm and open to people's different styles and interests.

Everyone does not have to do the same thing.....how boring would that be.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #53
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looking at the width and camber from the back of that M Roadster, I can't even think about the wheels any more. All I can think about is how insane that must be in a corner. Neck brace required lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #54
Blame Santi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes, everyday.

Garage List
I'll take one of each!
      06-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #55
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
What?!?! I dont see how any of them are ruined...some serious hate for no reason....

Smoke more weed, it will keep you calm and open to people's different styles and interests.

Everyone does not have to do the same thing.....how boring would that be.
No worries brah. We're all good now that OP's overall goals have been clarified.

Hey Havok_2011, I've been meaning to ask. Did you do that red pinstripe yourself?

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #56
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No worries brah. We're all good now that OP's overall goals have been clarified.

Hey Havok_2011, I've been meaning to ask. Did you do that red pinstripe yourself?

LMAO nope...actually came like that from the dealership....it was not my cup of tea, but the car was essentially brand new and a stellar price.

Will probably get the stripe removed.....its paint btw...lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #57
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

you hatin on my pinstripe now brahh?? Who else you want to hate on? lolsss
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #58
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Damn that roadster looks wicked on those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #59
AWE46M3
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F82

the works on the MR e92 looks great!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #60
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

This would be a awesome shoot if we could photoshop the roadster out of every pic. Just plain stupid with those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #61
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

The roadster would look better on blocks, those wheels are hideous.

Nice pics though?! lol
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #62
Mystikal
Registered
Rep
Drives: N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Damn that roadster looks wicked on those wheels.
Thanks dude.

Quote:
Looking at the width and camber from the back of that M Roadster, I can't even think about the wheels any more. All I can think about is how insane that must be in a corner. Neck brace required lol.
Sort of, those are only 285 tires.

This is my neck brace setup. 315/25 Michelin PS2s on 19x12s.

09-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #63
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Few more shots from the same day taken by a buddy of mine, only a few months late!

Two awesome rolling shots:

Appreciate 0